Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Hilde, Haohmaru, Yun-seong & Setsuka.
If I understood correctly all the characters of season two will have their own stage, some variations of old stages, while others something really new.
In the trailer for Season 2 Pass we can see two such variations Cursed Moonlight Woods and Master Swordman's Cave.
Something that caught my attention is that in the trailer for the new moves they omitted one of the variations
You see the daytime forest several times, it's BAAM !! In Hilde's trailer she appears in the forest, which makes us think this is her signature stage.
hildeSC6_alt_armor.jpg

We already know that Haohmaru will come with a stage of Samurai Shodown like the other guest characters. Great chances of being Gairyu Isle.
jubei-696x392.jpg

I previously asked who fits the other variation (but I was completely ignored, the only members who responded tried to make a dumb joke. T_T)
HRu42OShaRZf1gHdA00S6R64Nstjc2c4jSIZs8RPIClbybY34wgYU82LODstQ8RTiTAxArPjY3mhZdA0.jpg

They basically put in some elements of Luoyang: Grand Festival of Guandi Temple, turning Master Swordman's Cave into a kind of coliseum or something. Honestly I don't think they fit Setsuka or Hwang.
Hwang has always been related to the desert stages, I commented with DanteSC3 that if he was in the game the Sunken Desert Ruins would be his signature stage, which would be the closest to Silk Road or Desert Ruins. It makes no sense for him to come with it, especially since he and Mi-Na spent most of their time in the desert, even though I wanted Seong dojang in the game.. :sc3hwang1:
So I'd say our little buddy Yun-seong would be better in pink slot. :sc2yun2:
As for Setsuka I would say that she is the only character who would come up with a remake of an old stage, so she would be the last character to come. :sc3set1:
Which would leave the third season pass with YELLOW, REPTILE, STONE and a new character. :sc3hwang1::sc1liz1::sc4roc1::sc2tak2:/:sc2rap3:

For silver I think of viola or zwei but they are good guys.
Project Soul on its facebook stated that Viola is an antagonist, as we know we only have 3/4 of SC 5 Story Mode, so I think we'll have to wait to know why she's a villain.
Screenshot_2019-11-09 SoulCalibur.png

I wonder if they will build a brotherly relationship between Hwang and Yun-Seong if they were both to comeback.
I would say it would be like Hwang was a Kpop Idol and Yun-seong an obsessive fan. He actually has a more brotherly relationship with Seong Mi-na. Maybe Hwang must have saved his life and he just seeks recognition.

Hilde, Haohmaru, Yun-seong & Setsuka.
If I understood correctly all the characters of season two will have their own stage, some variations of old stages, while others something really new.
In the trailer for Season 2 Pass we can see two such variations Cursed Moonlight Woods and Master Swordman's Cave.
Something that caught my attention is that in the trailer for the new moves they omitted one of the variations
You see the daytime forest several times, it's BAAM !! In Hilde's trailer she appears in the forest, which makes us think this is her signature stage.
View attachment 67876
We already know that Haohmaru will come with a stage of Samurai Shodown like the other guest characters. Great chances of being Gairyu Isle.
View attachment 67877
I previously asked who fits the other variation (but I was completely ignored, the only members who responded tried to make a dumb joke. T_T)
View attachment 67878

They basically put in some elements of Luoyang: Grand Festival of Guandi Temple, turning Master Swordman's Cave into a kind of coliseum or something. Honestly I don't think they fit Setsuka or Hwang.
Hwang has always been related to the desert stages, I commented with DanteSC3 that if he was in the game the Sunken Desert Ruins would be his signature stage, which would be the closest to Silk Road or Desert Ruins. It makes no sense for him to come with it, especially since he and Mi-Na spent most of their time in the desert, even though I wanted Seong dojang in the game.. :sc3hwang1:
So I'd say our little buddy Yun-seong would be better in pink slot. :sc2yun2:
As for Setsuka I would say that she is the only character who would come up with a remake of an old stage, so she would be the last character to come. :sc3set1:
Which would leave the third season pass with YELLOW, REPTILE, STONE and a new character. :sc3hwang1::sc1liz1::sc4roc1::sc2tak2:/:sc2rap3:

I wish I had more pictures of that new stage. I don’t think it fits Yun-Seong exactly, but more so Setsuka. It has an Asian design aspect to it. However, the details on the Luoyang: Grand Festival of Guandi Temple mention it is an exciting event; almost like a carnival. Would Yun-Seong sneak out of the Dojang to come here? These are the two I see being attached to this stage. I could be totally wrong lol.

Ahh, nice catch @LisaK with the Viola affinity! I’m not sure if Mr. Okubo was around then to see this labeling of Viola, but Viola always seemed more on the evil side to me lol. I think it had to do with her not caring very much for others and her somewhat malfestation.

Does the silver slot make any sense for lizardman? For silver I think of viola or zwei but they are good guys.

Lizardman is the only evil “character” at this point who isn’t in the game
I'm not sure there's anything to be taken from the sword used in the background; I think more likely than not, they are just alternating the two swords. Afterall, Haohmaru is the main protagonist of SamSho; yeah, there's a little bit of that ego/single-minded focus thing that defines Mitsurugi as well, but unlike Mitsu, who has an established story of an obsession with Soul Edge (and even then he stays more hero than villain), Haohmaru is, at most, a more neutral character. So I'd say the significance of the swords is still a little unsettled. Hilde does suggest that the overt heroes are more likely to be paired with Soul Calibur, but there's still more speculation than an established trend here.

I think we are over analyzing the stages... I don't think the forest stage "belongs" to hilde I just think they wanted to show off both her and the new season 2 stage variant...
Agreed: unlike literally every game before this one, there has not been, for most of the main cast, a formal (or even heavily implied) home stage. We can reasonably associate Kunpaektu Temple with Astaroth and Lizardman (should he be added), Ostreinsburg Castle with Nightmare and Siegfriend, Indian Port with Maxi, Astral Chaos with Inferno, and Master Swordsman's Cave with Kilik, but for the most part, there are no strong associations in this game, and it would be weird if they changed course and added a new stage (or even more so, am existing stage variant) to be closely associated with a particular character, for all four characters in the season. It would also necesistate them delaying each stage for each character's release, if they were really looking to make such an association. I think it's more likely the extra stages/variants (aside from Haohmaru's of course) will be freebies given out with major patches between DLC releases.

Last edited:
It does seem like characters are commonly linked to certain stages. But, I’m not sure if the pattern is concrete. Amy debuted in the night forest stage (which fit her). But, Cassandra’s appearance begins on the sand level then eventually moves to Sophitia’s stage.

I'm not sure there's anything to be taken from the sword used in the background; I think more likely than not, they are just alternating the two swords. Afterall, Haohmaru is the main protagonist of SamSho; yeah, there's a little bit of that ego/single-minded focus thing that defines Mitsurugi as well, but unlike Mitsu, who has an established story of an obsession with Soul Edge (and even then he stays more hero than villain), Haohmaru is, at most, a more neutral character. So I'd say the significance of the swords is still a little unsettled. Hilde does suggest that the overt heroes are more likely to be paired with Soul Calibur, but there's still more speculation than an established trend here.

I wish we really did have a concrete answer on this. It would help my heart a lot haha! Still, it is interesting (to me lol) that the swords remains on the season pass even after the slot is filled. Could that hint at their significance? Hilde definitely fits with Soul Calibur. But, like you mentioned @Rusted Blade, Haohmaru doesn’t really seem evil/bad.

Also, it is interesting (to me again haha) that Project Soul didn’t use the design of the last season pass. I admit, this one is nicer (and trickier while also giving hints).

By my estimation, these are the characters and their representative stages, considering where they are associated in the story modes most of the time:

Inferno: Astral Chaos
Siegfried: Ostrheinsburg Castle
Zasalamel: Sunken Desert Ruins
Nightmare: Ostrheinsburg Castle
Azwel: Ostrheinsburg Castle / Astral Chaos
Xianghua: Windswept Plains
Maxi: Indian Port
Sophitia: Shrine of Eurydice
Astaroth: Kunpaetku Temple
Ivy: Sunken Desert Ruins
Yoshimitsu: Cursed Moonlit Woods
Kilik: Master Swordsman's Cave
Grøh: Snow-capped Showdown
Cervantes: Indian Port
Talim: Windswept Plains
Mitsurugi: Sunken Desert Ruins
Geralt: Replica Kaer Morhen
Taki: Cursed Moonlit Woods
Tira: Cursed Moonlit Woods
Seong Mi-na: Windswept Plains
Raphael: Cursed Moonlit Woods
Voldo: Sunken Desert Ruins
Cassandra: Shrine of Eurydice
2B: City Ruins
Amy: Cursed Moonlit Woods

What do you all think is the chance that a new character appears in this season pass (especially in the last slot)? Maybe not new only, but redesigned/reinvented? Project Soul has a great book of concept art.

I only ask out of curiosity and Kayane’s interview with Mr. Okubo.

I really don’t find it likely at all. Setsuka seems pretty much a foregone conclusion, which only leaves one more slot. It would be a shame if Hwang got the shaft yet again, but at the very least, we should get Yun-seong. The Korean swordsman would be the last of the pre-SoulCalibur V unique styles left, if that’s their primary motivator for character inclusion after plot.

I think it seems unlikely too. Though, I have to admit, making such a move would be a big surprise/garner attention.

If there is a season 3, which characters would be left to promote it (in terms of popularity)? It seems as though they are all appearing in season 2. I expected the popularity to be spread out a little more.

Last edited:
If they were meant to be the same, though, I doubt they would have gone so far as to include Salia in SoulCalibur VI. It’s so random that she’s there, doesn’t fight, has unique hair, much like a certain Seong-gyeong... but she is just using the default female armor while Hwang has a unique top, I dunno.

Back