Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

I still want to know what Okubo meant when he said the first S2 character will be a ressurection/comeback, because if he meant "a character who hasn't appeared for a long time", then I'd say that Hilde, who has appeared in every Soulcalibur game since her debut, doesn't really fit that criteria. That description seems more befitting for a character who hasn't been playable since SC4/BD or before.

Okubo and some of the team obviously don't fully "get" what the community wants or likes. Like the whole cameo of this character will make your smirk....

If it was Groh then he was his normal annoying edgelord ass, just terrible. If it was wilhelm I have never seen him before so....

Groh was only funny with hilde in his victory win quote against her, not in the actual story chronicle

Horus vizard lady whose name I forgot?
That’s Gerhilde. Rossweisse and Ortlinde were also name-dropped but not seen.

Okubo and some of the team obviously don't fully "get" what the community wants or likes. Like the whole cameo of this character will make your smirk....
I’m pretty sure this was referring to Dürer. And I certainly smirked.

If it's referring to Durer then Project Soul truly is out of touch. Who honestly cares that some old bastard just won't die? Hilde better erase him quickly in SC7 because he is annoying
Folks have been clamoring for a European longsword user for over a decade. Dürer was always shown in his artworks to be using a longsword. It’s a cheeky inclusion of him, even though his cameo role cements him as not being included as a future DLC, meaning we still won’t get him on the cast, even now. Salia may be our only hope, now.

I know tekken is not the same, but they launched Season 2 with Lei and Anna. These were easily the most requested characters that did not make it into Tekken 7 and it was so amazing to see them come back

SC6 situation is quite different where Season 1 has already answered some of the biggest requests from fans Aka Cassandra and Amy. (Tira was also a part of season 1)

In T7 situation Season 1 was just 2 Guests characters, without mentioning that the game had to stay 3 years in Arcade before.

I still want to know what Okubo meant when he said the first S2 character will be a ressurection/comeback, because if he meant "a character who hasn't appeared for a long time", then I'd say that Hilde, who has appeared in every Soulcalibur game since her debut, doesn't really fit that criteria. That description seems more befitting for a character who hasn't been playable since SC4/BD or before.

Could be a weird translation thing, or unless they changed their plans meanwhile for some reasons? Maybe Hilde was more completed than that "Resurrection character" (Maybe Hwang? and if it's Hwang it make sens i imagine he would be the character that would need the most work out of most, if not all of other very requested characters)

I think Season 2 changed to be honest. Hilde made no sense as a comeback being a big deal. Not that I hate Hilde she just doesn't really match.
I still vouch on Hwang potentially having had been planned but constantly being put back, or they're intentionally trolling us for datamining.

Not going to lie, but as much of a fan I am towards the lore of Soul Calibur's I had no fucking clue who Durer even fucking was. I mean cool, but didn't make me smirk. I did know who Gerhilda was, because I'm nuts for Hilde. Bringing that up did Durer even have a connection to the Wolfkrone business before Soul Calibur VI?
Hilde better erase him quickly in SC7 because he is annoying
May Wilhelm join the old fart as well?
EJ232xZXYAEh0OK.jpeg.jpg

Bringing that up did Durer even have a connection to the Wolfkrone business before Soul Calibur VI?
He did. It was a known that he did train Hilde (New Legends of Project Soul), but it wasn’t nearly as fleshed out as it is in her Soul Chronicle with his allied betrayal specifically. The parts about him losing his sons and his troops and then creating a unit to hunt for Soul Edge wasn’t new, but it being given context under Hilde’s story makes sense as it being the event that makes him Hilde’s enemy.

The more I think about it. The notion of the 4th character being a newcomer is just absolutely delusional.

Tekken 7 is getting a new character because they are reaching the end of the roster. There really isn’t anyone viable left to return aside from 2-3 characters.

Doa 5 got new characters as DLC when they literally had nobody else left to bring back.

Soulcalibur still has a ton of characters left, and I’d rather see Patroklos return over some stupid airheaded waifu.

Besides after 5 girls in a row I think people are in need of a change

Back