Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

yea but the thing is. Hwang himself isnt exactly a great designed character in my opinion (i dont hate him but he is kinda whatever) they'd have to do alot to make him as good as the others.
His moveset so far kinda felt unfinished even worse on yun. And if you just look at a black sillhouette of hwang it could literally be anyone. Compared to rest of the cast who are easily recognizable. I just dont see how hwang has any advantage in that area compared to their other options. And bringing him back just because of nostalgia is dumb.

And that's where I disagree with you.

Is true that Hwang had similarities to Mitsurugi in Soul Edge and to Xianghua in Soulcalibur 1 but then again, Soulcalibur 1 had Sophitia/Lizardman, Nightmare/Siegfried, Astaroth/Rock and Kilik/Mina. (You could even add Edgemaster/Inferno if you wanted)

But then again, Hwang has always had the core of 3AA, 2K, 1B and 66KK as his core and has always been competitive. (High Tier, Top Tier and Mid Tier in Soul Edge, Soulcalibur 1 and Soulcalibur 3 Arcade Edition respectively) As long as he has that core, he will always be competitive, much like Mitsurugi with that fucking 2KB mixup reset for so many games. Hwang had great throw range and throws in Soulcalibur 1 and SCCs in Soulcalibur 1 and Soulcalibur 3 console version, which gave him great mixup and mindgame potential.

Hwang with a mix of his Soulcalibur 1 and SC3 AE moveset should do fine and for his Soul Charge game, obviously the SCCs that he originally brought.

And Hwang has ALWAYS been better competitively than Yunsung.

Last edited:
I think the last 2 characters of the SP2 are Setsuka and Yun-Seong.

Really hope we'll get also news of the 3rd DLC character at EVO Japan.

Even if we do, and they announce Setsuka, I'm not really going to be all that hype/excited. That all lies with the fourth, the real mystery.

Not that I've got anything against her, it's just like yayyy Setsuka, who has been predicted / practically known for at least a year, zero shock / surprise.

But then again, Hwang has always had the core of 3AA, 2K, 1B and 66KK as his core and has always been competitive. (High Tier, Top Tier and Mid Tier in Soul Edge, Soulcalibur 1 and Soulcalibur 3 Arcade Edition respectively) As long as he has that core, he will always be competitive
Well, that depends if the moves make it in and don’t suffer any drastic nerfs or negative effects during the transition to SC6 (if he’s in S2). After all, this character has been absent for a decade as playable among the roster and could end up receiving a rework (much like Rock or Li Long).

I'm more worried about CaS D. The last one was bad, lots of stickers, a costume that should be free, an new outfit that looks like a Yoshimitsu reject costume and 6 accessories that should be in the game.
I think in those few years that I'm here I already mentioned what I wanted, what I think or what would be good or fair as DLC, so I give up talking about the possible DLC characters from Season 2.

Last edited:
:sc3hwang1:
COLOR 1 (SC1 1P)COLOR 2 (SC 3 1P)COLOR 3 (Yun-seong)COLOR 4 (Assassin)
BrownBrownRedBlack
BlueGreenOrangeRed
PurpleBlueBlackBrown
WhiteBlueWhiteGrey/Yellow
:sc3set1:
COLOR 1 (SC3 1P)COLOR 2 (αPatroklos)COLOR 3 (SC3 2P)COLOR 4 (SC3 2P recolor)
BlackBlondeBlondeGrey/Red
PinkBlackVioletRed
RedBlueWhiteBlack
YellowWhiteRedYellow

Last edited:
:sc3hwang1:
COLOR 1 (SC1 1P)COLOR 2 (SC 3 1P)COLOR 3 (Yun-seong)COLOR 4 (Assassin)
BrownBrownRedBlack
BlueGreenOrangeRed
PurpleBlueBlackBrown
WhiteBlueWhiteGrey/Yellow
:sc3set1:
COLOR 1 (SC3 1P)COLOR 2 (αPatroklos)COLOR 3 (SC3 2P)COLOR 4 (SC3 2P recolor)
BlackBlondeBlondeGrey/Red
PinkBlackVioletRed
RedBlueWhiteBlack
YellowWhiteRedYellow

I just noticed this, color 2 for Setsuka, αPatroklos? No, this bastard will never take the place of my Setsuka again even as a color! LOL Change it with her SC4 1p.

Last edited:
I just noticed this, color 2 for Setsuka, αPatroklos? No, this bastard will never take the place of my Setsuka again even as a color! LOL Change it with her SC4 1p.
I would argue it’s possible / likely. Sophitia has a Pyrrha Omega recolor and Cassandra’s hair looks a LOT like Pyrrha’s hair when broken. Amy has a Viola recolor Azwel. Patroklos has suspiciously been absent of references.

I would argue it’s possible / likely. Sophitia has a Pyrrha Omega recolor and Cassandra’s hair looks a LOT like Pyrrha’s hair when broken. Amy has a Viola recolor Azwel. Patroklos has suspiciously been absent of references.

You're right, but we will see! BTW Rock, Natsu, Xiba, Leixia, Algol and ZWEI haven't got a reference by a character in the game.. For example: Rock-Astaroth, Natsu-Taki, Xiba-Kilik, Leixia-Xianghua, Algol-Azwel, ZWEI-Groh.

You're right, but we will see! BTW Rock, Natsu, Xiba, Leixia, Algol and ZWEI haven't got a reference by a character in the game.. For example: Rock-Astaroth, Natsu-Taki, Xiba-Kilik, Leixia-Xianghua, Algol-Azwel, ZWEI-Groh.
Cassandra speaks a few sentences from Patroklos, her 2P is basically the colors of Pyrrha's 2P, let's not even mention the Deucalion that everyone thought would be the "new patroklos", but it was actually another reference to Pyrrha.
Lingyu's sister's name is L-E-I-X-I-A, Xianghua has a similar passion for mooncakes but less exaggerated than Xiba's steam buns. Maxi COLOR 3 & 4 are basically Natsu and Xiba, lets not forget Mi-na COLOR 4, who is another reference to Xiba.
Astaroth profile mentions he is similar to White Giant (Rock), you also could note he looks more "barbarian" than "executioner" appearance.
Wilhelm basicamente use somehting similar to Z.W.E.I. 2P, There are several references not just the colors of their alternate costumes.

Last edited:
Cassandra speaks a few sentences from Patroklos, her 2P is basically the colors of Pyrrha's 2P, let's not even mention the Deucalion that everyone thought would be the "new patroklos", but it was actually another reference to Pyrrha.
Lingyu's sister's name is L-E-I-X-I-A, Xianghua has a similar passion for mooncakes but less exaggerated than Xiba's steam buns. Maxi COLOR 3 & 4 are basically Natsu and Xiba, lets not forget Mi-na COLOR 4, who is another reference to Xiba.
Astaroth profile mentions he is similar to White Giant (Rock), you also could note he looks more "barbarian" than "executioner" appearance.
Wilhelm basicamente use somehting similar to Z.W.E.I. 2P, There are several references not just the colors of their alternate costumes.

You are so right!

1579028773824.png
Setsuka who ? #Pat for s2

Back