Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Today I had a dream that Lina Inverse was a bonus character for SCVI. I mean that's not a good choice or anything but man I would start playing shit out of this game again.
I just want Haowhoever to be out so we can get some more info about rest of DLC chars...

Today I had a dream that Lina Inverse was a bonus character for SCVI. I mean that's not a good choice or anything but man I would start playing shit out of this game again.
I just want Haowhoever to be out so we can get some more info about rest of DLC chars...
After a quick Google search, I can now say that I would be okay with this character being the next guest. I have no clue how they would make her fit in without getting rid of her giant 90s anime eyes though.

After a quick Google search, I can now say that I would be okay with this character being the next guest. I have no clue how they would make her fit in without getting rid of her giant 90s anime eyes though.
Considering that they pulled out Angol-Fear (for better or worse) I don't think it couldn't work. But dreams are just dreams and at least it will make me give CaS another try

I have no clue how they would make her fit in without getting rid of her giant 90s anime eyes though.
It hasn’t stopped them before...

latest

SC VI has 4 slots for new stages. We know 3 of them are from the 3 DLC characters for Season 2. So, who do you think will get their own stage? :sc5vio1:
  • Cervantes
  • Taki
  • Tira
  • Voldo
  • Xianghua
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Zasalamel
(I would like to include Seong Mi-na and Mitsurugi in the options but I'm sure that Sunken desert was created specifically for them.)

(I would like to include Seong Mi-na and Mitsurugi in the options but I'm sure that Sunken desert was created specifically for them.)
The only real answer to the question, though, is Seong Dojang. Unless Hwang is the last of season three and that’s his stage, because Sunken Desert does already have that Silk Road Ruin vibe.

But among the other choices, I would say Xianghua, to get the Emperor’s Garden. Her story teases it a lot, and we really do need more Asian stages. Though I’m also fine with a shared stage for Raphael/Ivy to represent the Dumas/Valentine Mansions.

SC VI has 4 slots for new stages. We know 3 of them are from the 3 DLC characters for Season 2. So, who do you think will get their own stage? :sc5vio1:
  • Cervantes
  • Taki
  • Tira
  • Voldo
  • Xianghua
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Zasalamel

Yes.

Mina has like 2 stages if you think about it. Her training in Korea and the dojo resides mostly in the windswept plains but when she leaves Korea, she spends most of her time in the desert section, just like her SC1 theme with Hwang where in the arcades, the Silk Road ruins at night was her stage, then a desert cave area.

I agree that the desert is her stage and the Windswept plains go to Talim which is the only place she shows.

In fact, who has stages?

Let me see:

Talim - Windswept plains
Mina - Desert
2B - Robot city
Kilik (and Edgemaster) - The Edgemaster cave and temple
Sophitia (and Cassandra) - Greek temple
Groh - Snow stage
Inferno - Astral Chaos
Nightmare - Osthreinburg castle
Astaroth (and Lizardman) - Fygul Cestemus temple
Geralt - Witcher Castle stage
Azwel - Cursed woods
Maxi - Indian port
Hilde - Wolves forest

So yeah, Taki, Mitsurugi, Voldo, Siegfried, Cervantes, Ivy, Xianghua, Yoshimitsu, Raphael, Zasalamel, Tira, and Amy need a stage. I wish everyone has an individual stage like SC3 or SC5. Not much for shared stages.

It can be argued that Cervantes is sharing the Indian Port with Maxi. Should it be a Spanish port instead? Absolutely, but Maxi’s stages are generally brighter than this, so it seems they compromised by making the stage gloomy and stormy for Cervantes to share it.

Siegfried has as much claim to Ostrheinsburg as Nightmare does, and same goes for Tira to the Moonlit Woods. Raphael and Amy also seem associated with the woods, being the area just outside of Dumas Mansion. As Lisa pointed out, the desert is also associative with Mitsurugi, who was kept wandering through it by Edge Master to keep him away from Soul Edge (and Geralt-senpai). The rest are pretty debatable.

It can be argued that Cervantes is sharing the Indian Port with Maxi. Should it be a Spanish port instead? Absolutely, but Maxi’s stages are generally brighter than this, so it seems they compromised by making the stage gloomy and stormy for Cervantes to share it.

Siegfried has as much claim to Ostrheinsburg as Nightmare does, and same goes for Tira to the Moonlit Woods. Raphael and Amy also seem associated with the woods, being the area just outside of Dumas Mansion. As Lisa pointed out, the desert is also associative with Mitsurugi, who was kept wandering through it by Edge Master to keep him away from Soul Edge (and Geralt-senpai). The rest are pretty debatable.

Agreed on Tira.

I think the woods could have been Siegfried since that's where he hanged out when he freed himself from Nightmare.

I don't know about Raphael and Amy. It has a resemblance to their stages in SC5 but I don't think is the same since in Libra and their stories, they have the mansion theme going for them.

Azwel is also heavily shown in the woods. That's why I said Azwel but that particular stage is debatable.

Tira is a good choice and resembles her Libra counterpart.

So, Azwel, Siegfried and Tira. Tough one!!!

The Villa is a must.

Ming Emperor Imperial Gardens is a must as well. Is weird to not have a proper Xianghua stage considering her history with the Soulcalibur sword.

Yoshimitsu's Mt. Fuji volcano stage was perfect.

Also, we don't have a proper stage for the Japanese characters. Mitsurugi in a war stage, Yoshimitsu in a raft in a cave or volcano stage, Taki in a shrine or a bamboo stage.

I think the mansion would be Raphael and Amy stage if they do it. Most of their stories is in their mansion in France.

And say what you want about Rock but he did have the better stages for the most part. SC1's Colosseum still remains one of the best stages in the series history, SC3 fenced Colosseum was great as well and the North America valley of Soul Edge was awesome!!!

Ivy is harder because she spents her time between going back to her british mansion and outside destroying Soul Edge fiends. The mansion of SC3 was perfect for her and one like that would be cool if they are gonna do different buildings with her mansion and the Sorels.

As Lisa pointed out, the desert is also associative with Mitsurugi, who was kept wandering through it by Edge Master to keep him away from Soul Edge (and Geralt-senpai).
Sunken Desert ruins is basically the low budget Silk Road Ruins, Mi-na spending good part of her years in desert and this is the place occurs her great battle, in case where she meets Ivy.
Who Dare to Tread is something that matches spitfire characters like Mi-na, in addition to Mitsurugi who never misses a good battle.
Another reference would be the narrator's saying "The desire for power leads the warriors to the arid desert." Both went to the desert in search of Soul Edge and challenged everyone who stand in their ways.

I don't know about Raphael and Amy. It has a resemblance to their stages in SC5 but I don't think is the same since in Libra and their stories, they have the mansion theme going for them.
OST's name is Moon of Oblivion, something that could allude to Amy becoming Viola in the future, as she 'forgets' her memories. :sc5vio1:
The narrator says "The cacophony of battle cuts through the deathly silence in an invitation to madness." This I would say makes reference to Raphael's obsession that technically drives him crazy. :sc2rap1:
++ Amy's trailer is basically focused on this stage as well as Cassandra's at Eurydice Shrine.

Back