Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

I think Haohmaru should end and firmly KILL any notion of a brand new character. Hell no more guests. Or if we MUST then save them for last. They announced Haohmaru 8 months ago and likely got the deal for him earlier than that.

Even DBFZ got two DLC characters since Hilde came out. The ride of shame and torture just doesn't end for soulcalibur fans!

I feel better and better about Project Soul not doing new characters as DLC when you look at how long Haohmaru has taken and due to how much backlash Leroy and Fakumram are generating. Fakumram isn't Leroy levels of broken but is appearing to be problematic.

Though at the very least Leroy has been well recieved for his design and Fakumram sort of looks cool. (In the tekken teams defense, better to release an OP character and nerf them down than to release a weak character like Anna or Lei that nobody uses)

Is a guest character even someone to get excited about when they have no story? No story greatly diminishes their interaction with the game world and it’s characters.

It was fine for 2B abut after Haohmaru I’d only be excited for a guest if they had a soul chronicle

It depends on if their story works with SoulCalibur’s timeline or not. 2B and Haohmaru do not, though Haohmaru could have been bent slightly like Ezio’s, since he’s not terribly far removed by more than a single century, but 2B’s was just too far away to be feasible. I would even go so far as to say I would only really be excited for guests that fit the period, because the more outlandish the guest (2B, Star Wars characters, to a lesser extent Spawn and Heihachi), the less seriously I can take them, I don’t care how popular the character is or even if they’re fun to play. It takes me out of the element. Geralt and Ezio even have reasons within their own mythos to legitimately explain why they’re here, in portals or a glitch in the Animus, where that’s a cool tie-in on a more meta level. The others don’t really enjoy this, so if I were picking guests, these would be my criteria.

Let's see what we will get this time..
CaS BINGO.png

Back