Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Jump Force is still a thing? I thought that died out a year ago.
"oh sis, they never started.."
She never started!!.jpg

For Season 3, what if we get Aeon, Yun-seong, Rock, AND the female lesbian barbarian character? How would you guys feel about that? Rock gets the hammer while the lesbian barbarian gets a blunt instrument (like a Hunting Horn from Monster Hunter).

I'm half serious by the way.

For Season 3, what if we get Aeon, Yun-seong, Rock, AND the female lesbian barbarian character? How would you guys feel about that? Rock gets the hammer while the lesbian barbarian gets a blunt instrument (like a Hunting Horn from Monster Hunter).

I'm half serious by the way.
I'm never opposed to new characters. Except pointless guests. I'm looking at you angol.

For Season 3, what if we get Aeon, Yun-seong, Rock, AND the female lesbian barbarian character?
After see Bandai Namco promote Guilty Gear strIVe I think the next guest is coming for 2021..
  • Aeon (Season Pass Bonus)
  • Sol Badguy or Ky Kiske from Guilty Gear strIVe
  • Rock (!?)
  • New Female Character

Was Angol Fear any more or less pointless than Ashlotte, Kamikirimusi, Scheherazade, or Shura? :sc4amy1:
Pretty much what everyone else said, Angol Fear was the most polarizing of the 4 when it came to design. The eyes were whack and the spike tits was heinous. Ashlotte in my opinion was still the most cohesive when it came to designs but personally I'm glad they didn't come back.

I admit I was being cheeky, because I love Kamikirimusi and I like Ashlotte as well, but I dislike Shura and I hate Scheherazade. Angol Fear is just kind of meh, and I agree her overly anime-ness just makes her look bizarre and out of place, but if any of these girls were to return, I would argue that they should be given the guest treatment properly, and have unique moves. They are rather pointless as hybrid clones.

Design-wise I adored Ashlotte and Scheherazade, though only one of those two is actually tolerable in actual combat. I didn't mind Shura though I found it kinda funny that there was such a huge outcry for her to return in games after IV.

I mean, aside from the obvious waifuism cults that exist for certain characters, I'm not sure what's so exotic about Shura. Again, if the five had their own unique moves, that'd be different, so a four-katana style might could be interesting, giving the most benefit of the doubt, depending on how it was done, but two arms can only do so much with four katanas. It's not like she's Final Fantasy's Gilgamesh or something:

latest

Same for Ashlotte and Kamikirimusi, my personal favorites, they ought to get moves to reflect their weapons, and then they would have the potential to be quite unique. Ashlotte having some automaton-specific moves similar to (but not the same as) 2B, in a way, and using her hammer like a hammer instead of Astaroth's axes. Kamikirimusi using her kanabo as a large bludgeoning instrument instead of a giant sword would be neat, too, though at least Nightmare's Infernoisms did give a hint of some sort of demonic power, it still wasn't enough. Scheherazade, I'm not sure what could really be done to differentiate the rapier style even further from Raphael's power stance or Amy's agile dance, but they might could find a way.

Angol Fear... I got nothin'.

I didn't mind Shura though I found it kinda funny that there was such a huge outcry for her to return in games after IV.
I'm not sure what's so exotic about Shura.
I can offer one possible source of explanation: never underestimate the PAWG factor when it comes to SoulCalibur's community. That, and--again, knowing the SC community--I'm going to guess those assless chaps gave some players very confused feelings; if one out of every two "Shura has to come back!" fans wasn't privately imaging that she's packing a hidden fifth 'sword', I'd be surprised! ;)

i wonder if the guest artist weapons are also copyrighted with the characters themselves? Would be nice to see their weird weapons return.
It's not copyright protection, but yes, to the extent that any of those guests artists holds any residual IP interests in those designs, it would extend to anything that was novel about the weapon designs. Of course, at that point, you're getting pretty abstract, and it's not as if this has always stopped PS in the past: after-all, while it is a grey area for the law at present, movesets would also arguably be a part of a character's design, and that didn't stop PS from recycling Kratos' moves into Aeon, even though the Broken Destiny moves borrowed heavily from Kratos' native GoW movement. I'm sure there are other examples I am forgetting.

Last edited:
To me Shura is by far the most uninspired design out of those bonus characters, even considering how awful Angol Fear was at least she left a bad taste in your mouth for some time. Shura is like a tofu.
But perhaps that may just be my poor taste or something

Last edited:
To me Shura is by far the most uninspired design out of those bonus characters, even considering how awful Angol Fear was at least she left a bad taste in your mouth for some time. Shura is just like tofu.
But that's perhaps may be just my poor taste or something
Personally, I don't find any of them particularly memorable aside from Kamikurimusi. Ashlotte, Shura, and Angol are all varying degrees of tacky or awkward looking and Scheherazade, while more palatable, is really nothing more than distillation of every western-elf-as-represented-in-Japanese-media trope in existence; it really more than suffices to have the Hidden Village Clan race in the editor--likewise for Ashlotte and the automaton option.

Back