Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

1587824560079.png

hey guys when Hwang and Setsuka return will have some of their iconic costumes..??
Hilde, Amy & Cassandra have their SCIV outfits back.. so what they will have...??

I think Hwang will have his classic Soulblade costume
View attachment 73660

and Setsuka these
View attachment 73662 View attachment 73661

I wish for this View attachment 73663 but i think it's difficult for the development team to design this from scratch..!!
Going by the logic thet have been following, Setsuka will have her SCIV outfit as a bonus customization and her default outfit will be something similar to what she wears on SC3. After all, according to the leaks, she's coming next and the pink kimono matches with the third slot of Season 2 screen.

hey guys when Hwang and Setsuka return will have some of their iconic costumes..??
Hilde, Amy & Cassandra have their SCIV outfits back.. so what they will have...??

I think Hwang will have his classic Soulblade costume
View attachment 73660

and Setsuka these
View attachment 73662 View attachment 73661

I wish for this View attachment 73663 but i think it's difficult for the development team to design this from scratch..!!

About Hwang I want his original SoulEdge/SoulBlade costume or his SoulCalibur III costume! For Setsuka I think that she will probably get her SoulCalibur IV 1p costume back as Amy,Cassandra and Hilde got, but it also her 2p has a chance as it was available in "Lost Swords". BTW everyone noticed that when a classic character returns in his outfit has elements and mix from his other SoulCalibur appearances, so Setsuka will have a mix of her SoulCalibur 3 and 4 costumes!

Maybe they changed her eyes and the hair color in SC IV to give it a more western facial appearance. Neve (I really don't want call this Mary Poppins) is brunette with blue eyes..
latest
I'm sure that's why, but I just find it odd that the SC3 website would have her eye color described as blue when any picture of her on the site clearly shows they're brown.

I'm sure that's why, but I just find it odd that the SC3 website would have her eye color described as blue when any picture of her on the site clearly shows they're brown.
Her 2p in SoulCalibur III had blonde hair and blue eyes. I still say this is her true self, and she dyes her hair brunette and wears brown color contacts.

maxresdefault.jpg

Her 2p in SoulCalibur III had blonde hair and blue eyes. I still say this is her true self, and she dyes her hair brunette and wears brown color contacts.

maxresdefault.jpg
Hair dye, sure. Though contacts would require some time travel to get ahold of.
If her backstory made any mention of dying her hair, I'd support the idea that her 2P is her "true" self. But since there's no such mention of it, I feel like it was originally just an aesthetic choice much like Maxi's blonde 2P.
Whichever color they choose for SC6 will pretty much solidify what her natural color is since we'll likely see parts of her childhood in her Soul Chronicle.

While a lot of designs for SCVI have stayed faithful for the veterans, some characters' costumes are more or less conglomerates of most of their previous appearances. Whether or not Setsuka will appear as her black-haired self or her blonde self is up for debate, but do you think she's going to be more faithful to her scarlet oiran look from SC3 or her peach-and-lavender yakuza tiger mom look from IV?

While a lot of designs for SCVI have stayed faithful for the veterans, some characters' costumes are more or less conglomerates of most of their previous appearances. Whether or not Setsuka will appear as her black-haired self or her blonde self is up for debate, but do you think she's going to be more faithful to her scarlet oiran look from SC3 or her peach-and-lavender yakuza tiger mom look from IV?
If we’re on the best timeline, she’ll be her SoulCalibur III 2p as a base, considering it’s the most pink of her outfits.

But I know I won’t be that lucky. :sc4amy1:

Hopefully Setsuka will look like her SCIII apearance having her SCIV 1P outfit as free dlc
and Hwang will have his soulblade 1P costume back or something close to his other appearances..!!

my only complain... WHY we didn't get this for Kilik???
Kilik-Soul-Calibur-h1.jpg

Setsuka's SC4 1p and SC3 1p are too similar since its basically a kimono vs a kimono worn over one shoulder.

Then again I was hoping for princes hilde to return over SC4 1p hilde since she was already coming back in a full armor suit (no helm).

Setsuka's SC4 1p and SC3 1p are too similar since its basically a kimono vs a kimono worn over one shoulder.

Then again I was hoping for princes hilde to return over SC4 1p hilde since she was already coming back in a full armor suit (no helm).
That's like saying dress vs dress. Or armor vs armor.

Kimono does not equal kimono. Compare the obi, sleeves, hems, etc. etc. There are many many types of kimonos and lots of symbolism in each particular style.

I still say this is her true self, and she dyes her hair brunette and wears brown color contacts.
...or we could take the much more rooted in reality approach of recognizing that this is a franchise that doesn't necessarily have "canon" looks for anybody, since the artistic design for almost every character oscillates wildly even within a given entry, nevermind the massive discontinuities across the franchise--and beyond that, probably not a single one of those designs begins to be entirely consistent with actual historical garb or even existing options (in terms of design, fabrication and means) for the supposed time and place in history.

I mean, there comes a point at which trying to rationalize into existence a self-consistency for visual designs in a work that has blatantly (even enthusiastically) abandoned any such efforts from the earliest entries becomes more a display of obsessive compulsion than anything else. Just accept SoulCalibur for what it is: a genre- and continuity-blurring kaleidoscope of ever-changing pop-fantasy nonsense that boldly sets its sails by the Rule of Cool and as a thematic matter, puts pretty much the bare minimum on continuity and self-consistency that a franchise can while still being recognized as vaguely one story. Even if you can't let go of the fact that there is a piece of obscure lore in one of ten-hundred thousand random personal history screens in various older (imfamously inconsistent) games, such that you feel it conclusively establishes a 'canon' eye colour for a given character, that still doesn't mean you need to come up with an in-world explanation (no matter how tortured or implausible) for each and every variant design that doesn't use that eye colour. Repeat after me: "It's just a 2P: I don't need to explain it. It's just a 2P: I don't need to explain it. It's just a 2P..." ;)

It's just a 2P: I don't need to explain it.
Setsuka in SoulCalibur III is kind of an anomaly in this case, though, in that her 2p appears to be how she legitimately looks like and that her 1p is a facade. Both her 1p and her 2p in SoulCalibur IV reflect her looks from her SoulCalibur III 2p, with both the blonde hair and the blue eyes. Her storyline has her masking herself as Japanese so as to not stand out when she is clearly not Japanese, so she took some rather extreme measures to achieve this look, going so far as to have 16th century color contacts, or their equivalency.

I do agree with your sentiment that they always go for rule of cool over historical accuracy, which is why I’m willing to extend my disbelief in that she did manage to mask her true eye color in some way, and it’s possible that they may even offer some self-aware jokey reference to it in her Soul Chronicle like they did with Ivy’s interaction with The Conduit in Libra of Soul where you can ask her about her ridiculous outfit.

But generally speaking, every character who isn’t Yoshimitsu, Voldo, or Tira does have a rather consistent appeal, or they do explain why there are radical changes, such as Raphael’s and Amy’s transition to red eyes being thanks to their malfested state due to exposure to Soul Edge’s toxin, maybe having something to do with that potion that Azwel brewed up.

You shouldn't take costumes as biological reality for soulcalibur, as you would think Maxi is a blonde with tan skin or Yun-Seong is suddenly a brunette.

Where the hell did Hwang's tattoos go? Etc etc. The outfits are just meant to be cool

Back