Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Today I went to play and ended up going to the game museum, something that caught my attention is that the images of Li Long, Hwang and Amy were in the library, I mean they were the only SC 3 bonus to have their images there, at least I didn't see any other bonus.
Season 1 - Amy
Season 2 - Hwang
Season 3 - Li Long

I don’t recall those being there before, I wonder when they were added! I’ll definitely have to check that out here when I get caught up on the posts! I am mostly curious about Li Long, because so far he has only been mentioned in passing, like Yun-seong and (before season two) Hilde.

Oh wait, unless you mean the concept and promo art for SoulCalibur III specifically, then yeah, that makes sense because they are the main characters of the bonus characters. I thought you meant that they had added art to they biography pages, but immediately reconsidered after thinking on it.

Are you saying the boots would be baked into the pants? That would be a shame. A thing I noticed the other day that baffles me is that we still don’t have a decent armor selection, even for male characters. I thought about making Aeneas and Riese to honor that Twitter quiz the other day, and ultimately Riese is what made me rage quit, but I was depressed trying to create Aeneas’s rather basic look, that just shouldn’t be a thing that happens.
Are you on psn? I made them but it would be easier for me to share on there.

Today I went to play and ended up going to the game museum, something that caught my attention is that the images of Li Long, Hwang and Amy were in the library, I mean they were the only SC 3 bonus to have their images there, at least I didn't see any other bonus.
Season 1 - Amy
Season 2 - Hwang
Season 3 - Li Long

let's not jump to any conclusions...Li Long and Hwang + Amy were probably in the library because they are legacy characters. Li Long was in Soul Edge, Hwang was in Edge and Calibur. Amy was in 3,4 and 6.

So it makes sense for them to have pictures there for sake of being complete. Plus Li Long has an entry in the NPC index, so the images give a face to his name.

Li Long probably has a better chance than dampierre tho hahahhahaha

let's not jump to any conclusions...Li Long and Hwang + Amy were probably in the library because they are legacy characters. Li Long was in Soul Edge, Hwang was in Edge and Calibur. Amy was in 3,4 and 6.
Yes, but Arthur is a legacy too, at least in Korea..
latest

Li Long doesn't have an image portrait in museum. I don't remember seeing his portrait when I watched. But the fact that LiLong Amy and Hwang (and Yun) are so much higher in the list order (Yun being even highest) can mean something.

As you have to also remember LiLong Amy and Hwang were the 3 new main characters added to SC3:AE a year after console release.

I'am definitly going for this list :
S2
  • Setsuka
  • Hwang

S3
  • Aeon
  • Rock
  • Yun
  • depending if they manage to have a good guest or not, or if the game is only played by last hard core fans, they will put Li Long there

Only after that, and if the game continue to be intersting to be supported, I can see Zwei, Viola, Algol or Dampierre. But I don't think this gonna happen. Even if I would love to see Zwei.

Edit: one of the higher character is also Xianghua friend, who is Li Long sister asking her to find him tho.

Last edited:
as I'am expecting, Hwang will have a new design with the dark blue color base but he will also have an alternative costume, his SC1 P1 to fit with Mina's story appearance (which isn't my favourite but it's still better than his sc3 outfit imo)

I'am excited to see what they are gonna do for his new design. I would really love any fresh design to make him the more different possible from Yun later.

I hope he will still keep his cool darky and angry staring ... he is coming back to beat everyones ass outthere xD

Li Long doesn't have an image portrait in museum. I don't remember seeing his portrait when I watched. But the fact that LiLong Amy and Hwang (and Yun) are so much higher in the list order (Yun being even highest) can mean something.

As you have to also remember LiLong Amy and Hwang were the 3 new main characters added to SC3:AE a year after console release.

I'am definitly going for this list :
S2
  • Setsuka
  • Hwang

S3
  • Aeon
  • Rock
  • Yun
  • depending if they manage to have a good guest or not, or if the game is only played by last hard core fans, they will put Li Long there

Only after that, and if the game continue to be intersting to be supported, I can see Zwei, Viola, Algol or Dampierre. But I don't think this gonna happen. Even if I would love to see Zwei.

Edit: one of the higher character is also Xianghua friend, who is Li Long sister asking her to find him tho.
Yeah, Li Long doesn’t have a portrait in the museum since he doesn’t appear in Soul Chronicle cutscenes.

what LisaK meant I think is that in the SC6 gallery mode when you look for characters in SC3 they included Li Long, Amy and Hwang despite them being bonus characters there
They were full characters in Arcade Edition, so that’s well enough. Arthur wasn’t, and he doesn’t have art.

Kinda off topic, but SNK just released Iroha trailer for Samurai Shodown.

She will be released on 05/13. This makes me wonder how much COVID-19 will delay DLC, because Mina Majikina was released 02/28 and Sogetsu 04/01. If a specific timing had to be followed, in this case 30 days, then Iroha was delayed for a couple of days. Perhaps SCVI DLC won't be that delayed...

Side note: I dislike fanservice, but I think Iroha has interesting cultural references. She's based on a Japanese folktale and even her name is from a poem, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Kinda off topic, but SNK just released Iroha trailer for Samurai Shodown.

She will be released on 05/13. This makes me wonder how much COVID-19 will delay DLC, because Mina Majikina was released 02/28 and Sogetsu 04/01. If a specific timing had to be followed, in this case 30 days, then Iroha was delayed for a couple of days. Perhaps SCVI DLC won't be that delayed...

Side note: I dislike fanservice, but I think Iroha has interesting cultural references. She's based on a Japanese folktale and even her name is from a poem, if I'm not mistaken.
a.jpg

I would actually be more surprised if that didn’t happen, honestly. That’s my expectation, but I am open to being surprised if it’s anything else other than that. It would be following the trend of everything else in SoulCalibur VI if that happens. All I can really say is that we better get some quality ab slab from Hwang as well to balance the equation. Mi-na needs some motivation to come home.

Yeah, if characters who were once void of fanservice are suddenly getting it now, a character like Setsuka has no chance.

That said, Cassandra kinda went against this trend, ignoring the cup size increase. Her design's more cute than anything else in my opinion.
I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high, but I think there's a chance Setsuka could at least get something better than SC4.

Back