Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

I think we all collectibly facepalmed when we got the Inferno trailer. That pretty much debunked Hwang, Aeon, Li Long, even Edge Master, all at the same time, in the most disappointing way possible.
Oh yeah, I forgot that they made a dedicated trailer for Inferno of all characters. That was definitely the point where everyone lost all hope of there being more characters.

Another fun thing to think back to is the Amy and Cassandra's appearances in the story mode. A lot of people disagreed on whether or not their unique outfits meant they were planned as being DLC characters.

Another fun thing to think back to is the Amy and Cassandra's appearances in the story mode. A lot of people disagreed on whether or not their unique outfits meant they were planned as being DLC characters.
I can't believe that was even an argument. How do you look at brand new designs for established main characters who mysteriously aren't playable in the base game and say, "Those characters can't possibly be DLC, it has to be someone else"? Were people really banking on Setsuka and Hilde for S1 that hard? Let's face it, there was no way we were getting either of those two before Cassandra or Amy.

I think we all collectibly facepalmed when we got the Inferno trailer. That pretty much debunked Hwang, Aeon, Li Long, even Edge Master, all at the same time, in the most disappointing way possible.

Hahaha I remember this! The trailer we got was for Trollferno, you see... we really got punked when they revealed him as a playable character.

I can't believe that was even an argument. How do you look at brand new designs for established main characters who mysteriously aren't playable in the base game and say, "Those characters can't possibly be DLC, it has to be someone else"? Were people really banking on Setsuka and Hilde for S1 that hard? Let's face it, there was no way we were getting either of those two before Cassandra or Amy.
And what was even funnier is that it became even harder to debunk Cass and Amy and push for Setsuka and Hilde for Season 1 DLC when some more of the datamining was happening as time went on. And what was found? Amy and Cassandra’s names listed in the files. Setsuka and Hilde on the other hand were not present (outside of codename speculation).

If I recall, I think a lot of people were arguing that the DLC characters would be Lizardman and/or Hwang (since we had seen glimpses of Lizardman, and Hwang was talked about in the 4chan leaks). But yeah, Amy and Cass stood out a lot with their intricate new designs so that was a huuuuuge hint.

If people want to re-live some of the reactions, then here you go:
I can't find a thread for when people posted Amy's picture from the story mode, but I'm sure that had a similar reaction.

Without looking at those old threads, I can see possible counter-arguments (as to the narrow issue of the designs): if you're going to include a character in the story such that they need static art assets, its no more work to do that based on a new design than it is from an old one. I mean, it's not like producing new illustrations requires less effort just because the design is dated. And creating some concept art to base the new illustrations off of would require a relatively small amount of effort when compared against the mountain of assets produced for those visual novel/talking head segments. I mean, all evidence taken together, I did personally think that Cassie and Amy were forthcoming and that their new designs fit with the other evidence, but I wouldn't call the designs themelves a smoking gun: lacking any other contextual ques and factors to analyze, I would not have found the new designs compelling in themselves.

Last edited:
They were just in denial that Project soul would be willing to sell a full waifu pass that soon after launch. They needed time to beat them down and force them to accept it

They still should have chosen a female guest instead of Haohmaru to keep the waifu train rolling. It would have been hilarious, and then suddenly Hwang (no leaks, hopefully) would have had so much more impact.

I was hoping they would reveal the third DLC character this month, but I guess I was being too optimistic. It's more likely that the third character will be revealed on a July weekend during EVO Online

I was hoping they would reveal the third DLC character this month, but I guess I was being too optimistic. It's more likely that the third character will be revealed on a July weekend during EVO Online

Me too, but May is not over yet! They usually reveal something in the last days of a month and also Thursdays! There is also a classic gap of two months for reveals that we all know. I think that EVO is too far away and also is the fourth character to be revealed. Who knows what they are going to do?

Okubo teasing the next CaS pack Kappa
latest

Last edited:
Today, in fact a few hours ago I was wondering, maybe we didn’t receive Setsuka 1P, but her 'Neve' outfit. 2P was in Lost Swords different from 1P, it could also be that it’s not her clothes but maybe her biological mother. This is just a theory. :sc4set2:

According to Okubo's twitter, there seem to be at least two online tournament events (24th and 30th of May). Maybe Bamco will drop a teaser or the announcement trailer there?

With COVID-19 cancelling everything, I think Bamco really needs to step up their hypetrain game (which was mediocre to begin with). Expand twitter activity, drop more minor content like concept art, teasers etc. inbetween and all that. Just anything to make up for the lost pull events like EVO would have had...

According to Okubo's twitter, there seem to be at least two online tournament events (24th and 30th of May). Maybe Bamco will drop a teaser or the announcement trailer there?

With COVID-19 cancelling everything, I think Bamco really needs to step up their hypetrain game (which was mediocre to begin with). Expand twitter activity, drop more minor content like concept art, teasers etc. inbetween and all that. Just anything to make up for the lost pull events like EVO would have had...
SC has been feeling so dead lately. We need Setsuka to revive us.

Back