Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

My first impression upon seeing this was "Aw man, Tekken always gets stuff first..."

But then I realized that Haohmaru's release trailer was posted a week or two after T7's FuckyouRAM trailer, so we might be getting something Soon™ if Namco is planning to drop info in pairs like this. Maybe we'll see reveals that were being saved for Combo Breaker, which was supposed to take place this weekend? :sc3set1:

My first impression upon seeing this was "Aw man, Tekken always gets stuff first..."

But then I realized that Haohmaru's release trailer was posted a week or two after T7's FuckyouRAM trailer, so we might be getting something Soon™ if Namco is planning to drop info in pairs like this. Maybe we'll see reveals that were being saved for Combo Breaker, which was supposed to take place this weekend? :sc3set1:

I think the same with you! If Namco and Project Soul will not reveal the third character :sc3set1::sc4set2:late in May, I will give up of waiting. And yes, Combo Breaker was supposed to take place 20th-24th May 2020!

...Setsuka reveal at EVO Online 2020 it is.
dammit.png

I really need to keep my mouth shut.

Why we have to waiting so long for the DLC's? Such a bad strategy, people will be bored the game and lose their interest! HaohMaru released on 31st March and Setsuka will be revealed at EVO in August? Great gap!

I mean, we might still get an announcement earlier, but right now the chances are looking really slim. Assuming they're far enough into development, I wish they would just drop a trailer on Twitter or something. That's still better than waiting until the end of July for an announcement.

I mean, we might still get an announcement earlier, but right now the chances are looking really slim. Assuming they're far enough into development, I wish they would just drop a trailer on Twitter or something. That's still better than waiting until the end of July for an announcement.

I feel that she might be revealed in this week. Okubo-san said in his twitter long ago that Spring will have some surprises after HaohMaru's release. It's still Spring so I have a small hope!

• Mortal Kombat 11 just got a story expansion, plus characters and features.
  • Capcom announced Season 5 for Street Fighter V.
  • SNK announced the release date of Samurai Shodown for Epic Games, plus a Samurai Shodown Collection.

I hope it doesn't take too long for Bandai Namco to give us more news about upcoming content...

• Mortal Kombat 11 just got a story expansion, plus characters and features.
  • Capcom announced Season 5 for Street Fighter V.
  • SNK announced the release date of Samurai Shodown for Epic Games, plus a Samurai Shodown Collection.

I hope it doesn't take too long for Bandai Namco to give us more news about upcoming content...

I thought Samurai Shodown (2019) Season 2 has one more character.

I believe that everyone here is 90/100% sure that Setsuka and Hwang will bring new stages, not mere remakes of existing stages. My doubt is will they be free or be part of the set like Gairyu Isle. I would particularly consider it fair that they be part of DLC if they are completely new, we must value the work spent on them, but if it free I'm fine too.

I believe that everyone here is 90/100% sure that Setsuka and Hwang will bring new stages, not mere remakes of existing stages. My doubt is will they be free or be part of the set like Gairyu Isle. I would particularly consider it fair that they be part of DLC if they are completely new, we must value the work spent on them, but if it free I'm fine too.
I'm pretty sure Okubo stated in the past all non-guest stages will be free, remake or not.
Also I'm not all that sure both Setsuka and Hwang will get non-remake stages. There will definitely be one completely new stage, any more than that is a toss up. We were only promised one non-remake stage after all, so keep that in mind. I'd rather not expect any extras and be pleasantly surprised than disappointed after building up unreasonable expectations.
P.S. The fact both Silver Wolves and Praying Wheels stages were teased in Season 2 trailer, yet there was no third remake stage anywhere there is a good sign though.
P.P.S. I will laugh hard if in the end Hwang's stage ends up being a remake of Setsuka's Kappa.

Back