Soulcalibur VI English Dub

Part of me hopes it actually isn't Roger Craig Smith. His voice just isn't really suitable for young Siegfried. And it pains me to say that Crispin Freeman wouldn't really set right either, even if he did deliver an epic performance in SoulCalibur III.

Part of me hopes it actually isn't Roger Craig Smith. His voice just isn't really suitable for young Siegfried. And it pains me to say that Crispin Freeman wouldn't really set right either, even if he did deliver an epic performance in SoulCalibur III.
Judging from his combat grunts and whatnot in that one gameplay video (which is gone now, sadly) it does sound an awful lot like Roger's playing Nightmare. And I've heard some of Roger's other work and I think he'd be okay for a young Siegfried. He has a pretty decent range. Provided they take into account that Sieg's only 19 and don't have him use the same exact voice he did in SC5.

I'm not too thrilled hearing Roger Craig Smith as Nightmare again. Just something about either the wording of the lines or its delivery just makes me cringe a bit. I just find the reads of really forced this time. His voice was fine when Nightmare was in the Graf Dumas persona (in context as Graf Dumas in the armor) but as the actual entity of nightmare, it doesn't fit to me. The voice just doesn't sound ominous in its tone at all. Its just a regular sounding voice in a filter with wordy lines. I was hoping for a voice that sounded evil more naturally like the voices in SC2 & SC3.

Last edited:
I'm not too thrilled hearing Roger Craig Smith as Nightmare again. Just something about either the wording of the lines or its delivery just makes me cringe a bit. I just find the reads of really forced this time. His voice was fine when Nightmare was in the Graf Dumas persona (in context as Graf Dumas in the armor) but as the actual entity of nightmare, it doesn't fit to me. The voice just doesn't sound ominous in its tone at all. Its just a regular sounding voice in a filter with wordy lines. I was hoping for a voice that sounded evil more naturally like the voices in SC2 & SC3.

No, Roger has NEVER voiced Nightmare, he only started voicing Siegfried from IV onward well after Siegfried and Nightmare had split so he's never had the chance to voice Nightmare. Kinda weird when you think about it. I'm actually curious to see what he does with it.

No, Roger has NEVER voiced Nightmare, he only started voicing Siegfried from IV onward well after Siegfried and Nightmare had split so he's never had the chance to voice Nightmare. Kinda weird when you think about it. I'm actually curious to see what he does with it.
I was mistaken then, I forget that Raphael's VA was Nightmare in SCV. This nightmare sounded very similar to that which threw me off, and I thought f this was what Roger Craig Smith was going for, that was what I disliked. The trailer might have given me a bad impression from the lines given, but I guess if Roger is playing a distorted Siegfried as Nightmare I can understand it fitting better if that angle was more emphasized.

Judging from Nightmare's reveal trailer, it's pretty safe to say we're not getting Sieglucard again sadly, but if they are going to bring back Zasalamel and Raphael, I wish their VA's from 3 will return, especially Keith Silverstein as Zasalamel, he was so good, anyways, I'm happy that Grant George is still Kilik, hell, they're even reusing his voice from 3 which I am so used to by now.

I highly doubt it will happen, but I would love if Ashley Burch did the voice of Cassandra. The voice direction should be 'high energy tomboy', like a high energy Chloe Price from Life is Strange. She'd nail it.

Last edited:
I'm loving the yoshimitsu VA. Tbh he sounds a lot like the scv one, I didn't play sciv in English though, so im not sure what the English sounds like. Is it the same one from scv?

In English, SoulCalibur II Yoshimitsu was Paul Sheridan, and SoulCalibur III-V Yoshimitsu was Mitch Urban. It's a safe bet it's still Mitch Urban.

I still can't believe there's so many reprisals after such a long time has passed. As far as I know, the only recasts were Mitsurugi, Sophitia, and Siegfried/Nightmare.

In English, SoulCalibur II Yoshimitsu was Paul Sheridan, and SoulCalibur III-V Yoshimitsu was Mitch Urban. It's a safe bet it's still Mitch Urban.
Well the Shiki Soku at the beginning sounds very similar to the one we hear in SCV, though I think that voice clip was just reused from that game to this one.

I still can't believe there's so many reprisals after such a long time has passed. As far as I know, the only recasts were Mitsurugi, Sophitia, and Siegfried/Nightmare.
Yeah, I was expecting most of the cast to get new voice actors tbh. In some cases I was hoping for it, like with Taki. I don't hate her English VA, but she's always sounded kinda bland to me, especially when compared to her Japanese VA.

I feel thatm ost of the english VAs fit well enough for their characters but one voice I would like to see come back for at least one more game is Renee Hewitt who voiced Ivy in Soul Calibur 2. I think Lani Minella does a great job voicing Ivy but there was just something about Renee's tone that I absolutely loved.

Hey guys, I want to preface and say this isn't sub vs. dub. This is actually a dub guy calling out something he really loves. you see, I really love English Dubs in my Japanese medium as it can reach a wider audience in the same vein as the Spanish dub of DBZ reached the South American audiences.

Now getting off that, so this doesn't turn into a history lesson I want to talk about the poor English Dub of SC6. Besides Gersalt who sounds great and Ivy.(A minor shoutout to Shopie). A lot of what i heard so far is very poor. Mitsu is missing that deep bass in his voice and Taki sounds less hype. Yoshi sounds like someone being tryhard. Xianghua sounds more like Haruhi Suzumiya trying to be serious. Even Maxi has lost his cockiness. It is bad man. I don't know what happened. Did they do a lot of recasting? I know Lani is back as Ivy.(Thank god.). But anyone else? The directing i also poor as the lack of excitement and bite in their lines is noticeable.

Growing up Soul Calibur English voices were amazing as there was so much energy and passion behind them. Hell, I am only a Yoshi second because his English voice actor was funny as shit. Talim was so cute in English and I really brought her struggle.

The only recasts to my knowledge were Sophitia, Mitsurugi, and Siegfried/Nightmare.

Back