Soulcalibur VI English Dub

Actually I think Jennifer did voice Tira in SC3. I started to doubt that but after hearing her SC3 voice again recently, it sounds way too much like Hale for it to not be her. She just couldn't reprise her role in later games for the same reason as Crispin Freeman and Kari Wahlgren. At least that's what I've heard about the whole thing,I could be completely wrong. Though I'm pretty sure her SC4 and SC5 voice is Christina Puccelli, Katie McNulty being a pseudonym. Not positive though, I don't have much to back that up aside from some of her SC5 story dialogue sounding pretty damn close to her usual speaking voice.

But back to Talim, I'm not entirely certain Hynden is voicing her this time around, as she does sound slightly different. Could be Kira Buckland like someone else said. I looked up a compilation of some of her roles and her voice is quite similar.
Hale never voiced her. That myth was debunked forever ago.

Hynden never voiced Talim. She's strictly a union voice actor and the dubbing since SCIII has been non-union.

Talim got the good end of the stick as her vocie actor really fits her.
Yup. I wasn't too keen on the VA in SCVI after hearing how generic Siegfried sounds (seriously has no base at all in his voice) or Ivy sounding a bit too gruff now, I do think Talim sounds much better than she did in SC3 & SC4. She's less babyish and more of the honest, confident tone that she had in SC2. Her dialogue also sounds more complete and fluid now (as opposed to her annoyingly vague statements she just had in past games). If this is a new VA, I say it is an improvement.

Last edited:
Yup. I wasn't too keen on the VA in SCVI after hearing how generic Siegfried sounds (seriously has no base at all in his voice) or Ivy sounding a bit too gruff now, I do think Talim sounds much better than she did in SC3 & SC4. She's less babyish and more of the honest, confident tone that she had in SC2. Her dialogue also sounds more complete and fluid now (as opposed to her annoyingly vague statements she just had in past games). If this is a new VA, I say it is an improvement.
I miss Ivy's accent. Talim sounds great though.

I feel like I'm the only one who really likes Siegfried's new voice );
And Ivy's voice in game is literally ripped straight from SCV.

Seems to be the case with all the returning VAs. They have some new stuff but a lot of it is recycled from their last appearance.

I think Sieg's new voice is great. His old ones sound weird by comparison IMO, but I think it's natural unless it was a really bad job that people will always prefer what they heard first.

Crispin Freeman was the best Siegfried, though. It doesn't really fit this time period's incarnation, but I kinda hope he returns for SoulCalibur VII.

Crispin Freeman did an amazing job with Siegfried, as did Roger Craig Smith for some iterations. The new VA isn't bad per say, but there are some vocalizations that occurs in the middle of battle that sound a bit off, ie. some of their voicelines not holding enough "weight"/not gruff enough for my taste.

I have trouble buying Kirk Thornton as Siegfried for some reason. He's a great voice actor but something about his performance as Siegfried just doesn't fit for me.
Also I find it kind of funny that this is one of Sieg's youngest iterations being played by his oldest voice actor.

Why are Grøh's lines so edgy?! DX
other than the cringy writing, it's delivered fairly well other than the "do not hold back, however I will".
Yoshi, Ivy, Mighty Nighty, Talim, Sophie, Mitsu kilik and X are all good
Taki is trash. Maxi is bad, Sieg is fine
Zas, not so much (lines are cringy too)
Overall, the Value English is good imo
Edit: Forgot Voldo. His new voice actor is impeccable.

Last edited:
Back