Soulcalibur VI English Dub

mokamoka827

[13] Hero
So from what we've seen so far, it's clear that Mitsurugi and Sophitia's English voice actors from the previous games are not reprising their roles this time around.
As far as we can tell, Mitsurugi is now played by Matthew Mercer, and Sophitia appears to be Erica Lindbeck. This kinda makes me wonder if any of the other characters will be played by different voice actors and if so, who might be placed in the role.
So basically I guess I'm just curious which characters you guys think could potentially be played by a different voice actor this time around and what voice actors you think would be suitable for said characters.

Also, if you're only coming here to rant about how much you hate the English dubs of this series, can you please just not? It's kinda rude and unnecessary.

Last edited:
What's wrong with Wendee Lee?
For how many different roles she's had over the years, she always sounds basically the same in every single one. She has no range, and so it fatigues to hear her in everything being the exact same voice. It grates on the ears, too, I'm not sure why she's so popular. She delivered a great performance as Faye in Cowboy Bebop, but practically everything else that I've heard her in (which is quite a lot between anime and games both), she makes me reach for that Japanese dub button.

For how many different roles she's had over the years, she always sounds basically the same in every single one. She has no range, and so it fatigues to hear her in everything being the exact same voice. It grates on the ears, too, I'm not sure why she's so popular. She delivered a great performance as Faye in Cowboy Bebop, but practically everything else that I've heard her in (which is quite a lot between anime and games both), she makes me reach for that Japanese dub button.
I'm in the same boat. I wouldn't be as bothered if she wasn't in, like, everything. But at this point I'm just burnt out. I have the same problem with Yuri Lowenthal tbh, so you can imagine my reaction upon first hearing him as Patroklos.
When she's using her lower register (preferably with a more serious character as well) her voice is far more bearable. But when playing a high-voiced and upbeat character like Xianghua, she's beyond irritating.

So it has nothing to do with her actual acting performance or how her voice doesn't fit the character, but because you think she sounds the same in her other roles? I mean, that can be said for a lot of voice actors, but if her voice fits the character I don't see the problem. But whatever.
upbeat character like Xianghua, she's beyond irritating.
I've always found Xianghua's voice annoying in almost any SC game she's in, even in Jap. Like she's meant to be a bubbly annoying girl.

It's a combination of that it is painful to listen to along with being beaten over the head with it. If her job was supposed to annoy, then she nailed it, but that could very well be why it took four games for her to finally get with Kilik and even after that, they didn't last very long. Kilik may have said it was to seek enlightenment, but the truth was probably to get away from the voice that would have driven him insane. I don't blame him for leaving at all.

I liked the previous voice actresses for Cassandra. Through listening to some voice clips on YouTube, I can't decide a favourite >_<. I just hope either can play her again (assuming she's in the game based on rumours) to retain her spunky attitude :sc4cas1:!

>_<. I just hope either can play her again (assuming she's in the game based on rumours) to retain her spunky attitude :sc4cas1:!
I hope so too. Like what if she got all moody and angry because she was stuck in astral chaos or something?

I hope so too. Like what if she got all moody and angry because she was stuck in astral chaos or something?
LOL weeelll she'd have stronger dialogue that would make me like here even more <3. Alas with this "reboot" of a story, would the astral chaos event be relevant in this game? hmm :3

btw I don't mind the voice actress for Xianghua. I guess I'm a minority here ^^;;?

I really like Sophitia's new VA, I didn't like her SCIV-V one that much. For Taki, I wouldn't mind if her SCIV voice actress returned.

Siegfried really needs Crispin Freeman back, his SCV VA was terrible.

Chris Redfield is good voice actor, good voice of Sieg and Ezio.

It would be interesting if they bring in new voice talent for an in depth story mode, its hard to imagine Classic Mitsu talking to a person normally although I love his voice.

No one really needs replacing, so just keep who you can. Heck, I'm pretty sure they'd all love to come back.
I'm not saying anyone needs replacing, but it's obviously a thing that's already happened, so I'm just wondering what voice actors people would want to play certain characters if said characters were to be recast.

I feel like if there's a bigger focus on the story, there's gonna be bigger voice actors too. If you look at SoulCalibur V and the new characters, they brought on quite a few big names. So I can see some characters getting voice replacements. However if this is like a Dynasty Warriors 9 situation, this is gonna be super jarring too.

And looks like it's a cast reunion:

Those are definitely Grant George and Wendee Lee for Kilik and Xianghua. Fine by me, I always liked them in their roles. I'm pretty sure that's Roger Craig Smith playing Nightmare, just with his voice heavily distorted through filters. Good times

Last edited:
Back