Soulcalibur VI English Dub

Do we know Mitsurugi is Matt Mercer? I know it's controversial to claim that, so I want to be sure.

Do we know Mitsurugi is Matt Mercer? I know it's controversial to claim that, so I want to be sure.

Don't know how to quote myself in another thread but I made the following comment:

2. The trailer made it even more obvious that it is Taliesin Jaffe and he probably relished being able to play such a crazy character. Are there any more of the Critical Role cast voicing any of the characters (where there is one there is often more)? I almost feel as if new Mitsurugi is being voiced by Matthew Mercer.

Vergeben responded:

2. He really does sound like he did. Matthew Mercer is voicing Mitsurugi, yes.

Siegfried didn't get his voice back, though. He was Roger Craig Smith in SoulCalibur V. Now he's Kirk Thornton.
Siegfried went from being voiced by Sonic the Hedgehog to being voiced by Shadow the Hedgehog. He's gone full edge.

She sounds like she has 3 different voice actresses at once...wtf is with those damage cries. Her death cry sounds like Sophitia's VA recorded it lol

Which is funny, because it’s the same voice actress who has voiced Cassandra from the very beginning.
Huh. Weird.
Checking it again though, it's mostly her story dialogue that sounds a bit older. Her battle dialogue seems fine for the most part.

Huh. Weird.
Checking it again though, it's mostly her story dialogue that sounds a bit older. Her battle dialogue seems fine for the most part.
If it wasn't clear, I was referring to her Japanese voice, it's for sure the same voice actress who has voiced her in every game. I don't know who her English voice is in SoulCalibur VI, and I'm not convinced it's the same as who had her for SoulCalibur IV. She's had a different voice in SoulCalibur II, SoulCalibur III, and SoulCalibur IV for the English side, but has retained the same Japanese voice for each game.

I don't hate Cassandra's voice in SC6 but I'm willing to take a guess and say she's a new English VA for Cass.
I think there was a genuine effort to make her sound like SC4 Cassandra though, which if its an old English VA for her then its the SC4 one.

She has some dialogue where she flat out sounds like a different person, then the Cass typically in SC6 and then with some parts resembling SC4.
To be honest, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if its herself from SC4.
At times (not necessarily the voice) but the manner in which she speaks sounds like Falsetto from Eternal Sonata, not quite sure if accent would be the correct way to describe what I mean.

I don't hate Cassandra's voice in SC6 but I'm willing to take a guess and say she's a new English VA for Cass.
I think there was a genuine effort to make her sound like SC4 Cassandra though, which if its an old English VA for her then its the SC4 one.

She has some dialogue where she flat out sounds like a different person, then the Cass typically in SC6 and then with some parts resembling SC4.
To be honest, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if its herself from SC4.
At times (not necessarily the voice) but the manner in which she speaks sounds like Falsetto from Eternal Sonata, not quite sure if accent would be the correct way to describe what I mean.

Funnily enough, doesn't Falsetto's VA voice Hilde in IV and V?

Funnily enough, doesn't Falsetto's VA voice Hilde in IV and V?
Oh DAMN.
I never even noticed this!
Hilde does sound like just her but I never gave it much mind!

I quickly checked and yeah its the same VA!

Nice thing you noticed! I never really thought about it much at the time! I suppose I noticed it more now since I've recently been playing Eternal Sonata again!

Oh DAMN.
I never even noticed this!
Hilde does sound like just her but I never gave it much mind!

I quickly checked and yeah its the same VA!

Nice thing you noticed! I never really thought about it much at the time! I suppose I noticed it more now since I've recently been playing Eternal Sonata again!

Haha, awesome! Eternal Sonata was the first video game I ever played as a kid and thus it has a very special place in my heart; despite its flaws, I would say its #2-#3 on my 'favourite games of all time' list. I was considering replaying it especially recently, I do so around once a year, but sadly I didn't in 2018 because I had so many other new things I wanted to experience. It's funny because SCIV was my first SC game as a kid too yet I never realised the distinction between Hilde and Falsetto until, like, a year ago lol.

Haha, awesome! Eternal Sonata was the first video game I ever played as a kid and thus it has a very special place in my heart; despite its flaws, I would say its #2-#3 on my 'favourite games of all time' list. I was considering replaying it especially recently, I do so around once a year, but sadly I didn't in 2018 because I had so many other new things I wanted to experience. It's funny because SCIV was my first SC game as a kid too yet I never realised the distinction between Hilde and Falsetto until, like, a year ago lol.

When I first played it the thought aesthetically everything was so well executed while it does come with its flaws I genuinely love the game! Very special place in my heart, I even love the voice actors.
Hey, if you do replay it try getting your hands on the PS3 version! Assuming you played it on Xbox, the PS3 version has additional content and its combat is a touch better control wise! Though assuming you've done the game every once in a while I assume you got to that version!

I feel so stupid for not realizing about Hilde and Falsetto earlier... So silly... You're not alone on it, I'm a year later than you lol.

I kind of wish that they would do a remaster of Eternal Sonata and bring it to PC. I would absolutely play it again, but I can't really justify buying the game again on PS3. I loved the game, I know what the PS3 version adds over the Xbox 360 version, but playing it through twice on Xbox 360 was enough, more than me having to resort to PS3 to experience it again. It has a special place to me personally because I grew up playing piano, and Chopin was one of my favorite composers, and I also love JRPGs, sooo... it's like it was kinda made just for me, in a weird way. I'm not sure the exact inspiration for it, but I'm not complaining. It's one of my favorite games from that generation, though it does have its flaws, they can be overlooked for the nice things it brings.

When I first played it the thought aesthetically everything was so well executed while it does come with its flaws I genuinely love the game! Very special place in my heart, I even love the voice actors.
Hey, if you do replay it try getting your hands on the PS3 version! Assuming you played it on Xbox, the PS3 version has additional content and its combat is a touch better control wise! Though assuming you've done the game every once in a while I assume you got to that version!

I feel so stupid for not realizing about Hilde and Falsetto earlier... So silly... You're not alone on it, I'm a year later than you lol.

Oh yes, I got the PS3 version as soon as it came out, I was SO excited as a kid since back then it was on my #1 game of all time (now that spot goes to Trails in the Sky.) I believe I finished the game twice on 360, but all times after that have been the PS3 version; it absolutely makes the game much better than its 360 incarnation, though admittedly I wish Crescendo and Serenade had as much special attacks as the rest, as nice as it is to have them there XD

I kind of wish that they would do a remaster of Eternal Sonata and bring it to PC. I would absolutely play it again, but I can't really justify buying the game again on PS3. I loved the game, I know what the PS3 version adds over the Xbox 360 version, but playing it through twice on Xbox 360 was enough, more than me having to resort to PS3 to experience it again. It has a special place to me personally because I grew up playing piano, and Chopin was one of my favorite composers, and I also love JRPGs, sooo... it's like it was kinda made just for me, in a weird way. I'm not sure the exact inspiration for it, but I'm not complaining. It's one of my favorite games from that generation, though it does have its flaws, they can be overlooked for the nice things it brings.

IMO, the PS3 version is more than worth it for anyone who considers themselves a fan of the game; even though the story isn't the best thing about the game itself, the PS3 version does round it out a bit, and there's a significant amount of gameplay content added, as well as pretty cute costumes for Allegretto/Beat/Polka XD Plus, it made the combat more challenging and harder, so encore mode on PS3 is actually quite a chore for some people. I find the game easy no matter how I play it since I've played it so many times now, but for someone doing it for the first time I imagine it could be quite demanding.

IMO, the PS3 version is more than worth it for anyone who considers themselves a fan of the game; even though the story isn't the best thing about the game itself, the PS3 version does round it out a bit, and there's a significant amount of gameplay content added, as well as pretty cute costumes for Allegretto/Beat/Polka XD Plus, it made the combat more challenging and harder, so encore mode on PS3 is actually quite a chore for some people. I find the game easy no matter how I play it since I've played it so many times now, but for someone doing it for the first time I imagine it could be quite demanding.
With how they're doing remasters and re-releases though, I have a constant fear that as soon as I'd get it, they would release it and then I would have the lesser version. Like last year, when they did a 4K remaster of Resonance of Fate. I'm happy it happened, because that game is massively underappreciated (mostly because it came out within a week of Final Fantasy XIII, whoever decided that was a good idea was probably fired), but it was still very much random and unexpected. As a primary Xbox 360 player for that generation, I'm more than familiar with the idea that I played the "lesser" version of the game, that was released later on PS3, but a good number of them have been rereleased on the current generation and PC, so I've just taken that position, personally, that if they rerelease it, I'll play it, and if not, I still have my memories of my playing the original version, and that's fine too.

I had a PS3 early on in its lifecycle, but it didn't have enough games, so I played everything on Xbox 360 and sold the PS3. Then I later got a PS3 to rack up the exclusives that never went anywhere else, but once those were done, the PS3 just lost relevance. If I get the urge to just play the game again, in a lull from other games, it's on my mind as a possible thing I might do, but when I think about it between times, other remasters will come out, and the seeds of doubt are planted again, so I continue waiting. It'll maybe probably happen, eventually.

Back