Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
In story mode Inferno only uses Nightmare's style but i think he will be a mimic when u unlock him
IIRC, it's the same situation in SC1 arcade mode

Last edited:
For future references to Bandai Namco, a good roster for SoulCalibur VII would be to take the roster from SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition and add Hilde, Z.W.E.I., Viola, Grøh, Azwel, a new character, and a guest character then they are done.

The deliberate Algol hate on this forum is ridiculous. Ya'll are on crack if you think they they should put in Zwei and Viola from a 15 year time skip but ignore Algol.

The deliberate Algol hate on this forum is ridiculous. Ya'll are on crack if you think they they should put in Zwei and Viola from a 15 year time skip but ignore Algol.
Can't CaS Algol. So as much as I'm not a fan of the other two, will always favor them over Algol, even if I despise Viola for what her existence does to Amy.

Can't CaS Algol. So as much as I'm not a fan of the other two, will always favor them over Algol, even if I despise Viola for what her existence does to Amy.

Couldnt CAS Algol. It was an improvement from 4 to 5 where we were alowed to customize his model. I think they will do whatever they have to do for the next game to make him CAS friendly.

That was weirdly aggressive, given that Algol wasn't even mentioned in that post, let alone given any hate.
Anyways, a lot of people don't like Algol, for perfectly legitimate reasons, and getting in their faces about it won't help anything.

That was weirdly aggressive, given that Algol wasn't even mentioned in that post, let alone given any hate.
Anyways, a lot of people don't like Algol, for perfectly legitimate reasons, and getting in their faces about it won't help anything.

I wouldnt call it was aggressive to say "ya'll are on crack", i'm just genuinely curious what has happened because i was active on this site in SC4 back when he was introduced and the most broken. I dont recall the hate being so strong at the time, when it would make the most sense to hate him. Of course there were people that didnt like him but that was just like any other character. Now there is a very obvious general hate that didnt exist before.

Troll post?
"The legend never dies" is a Dark Souls meme.

Last edited:
I like Algol a lot, except for bubbles - they are just too silly.
They need to rework his moveset, so he only uses SE,SC and THE CHAIR in his moveset (and if body horror stuff is still included it needs to be directily visually tied to swords, instead of looking pretty random) and uses more of actual SC and SE magical stuff instead of...bubbles. It's really silly how he has power of both swords, but doesn't explictly use abilites of any.
I'm sure he will be the boss of SCVII, I just hope they'll tweak his moveset a lot to make sense.

I like Algol a lot, except for bubbles - they are just too silly.
They need to rework his moveset, so he only uses SE,SC and THE CHAIR in his moveset (and if body horror stuff is still included it needs to be directily visually tied to swords, instead of looking pretty random) and uses more of actual SC and SE magical stuff instead of...bubbles. It's really silly how he has power of both swords, but doesn't explictly use abilites of any.
I'm sure he will be the boss of SCVII, I just hope they'll tweak his moveset a lot to make sense.

You know what? I love him but i agree with pretty much everything you just said. I would change his SC and SE forms to more resemble Azwel's generic red and blue weapons. Or drop the SE, SC theme entirely just going with a standard steel appearance. Change the tentacle/bone weapons to regular steel like his wings. I would also change the bubbles in appearance and sound effects too. (Throne stays, i cant let go of that)

I'll admit, some tweaks definitely wouldnt be the worst thing for him.

I would change his SC and SE forms to more resemble Azwel's generic red and blue weapons. Or drop the SE, SC theme entirely just going with a standard steel appearance
Nah, his main thing is that he is the Ancient King that was one of the first proficient wielders of SE and is a creator of SC. He should go in the opposite direction and use the "true forms" of both as his weapons (those over the top ones from SCIV) and utilise their magic stuff to the fullest (as he is the most competent user of them in history, even Azwel is doing it in a kinda bootlegy way by inventing some gauntlets).
Change the tentacle/bone weapons to regular steel like his wings
I think they need to make some of those weapons (like hand blades) made of blue crystals, while the intense ones (like wings) make an eruptions of dark-red SE energy from his body.
I would also change the bubbles in appearance and sound effects too
First thing first - they need to drop futuristic guns growing from hands - it's the most silly thing he has. I think they can change it so he send a spiky crystal projectile by making an attack motion with his SC hand, but without summoning SC itself - just focusing its enrgy in the hand instead. or sending a slightly slower (but more damaging) one by making a Sword Wave attack with a SE. Something like that.
Throne stays
Definitely.

"The legend never dies" is a Dark Souls meme.
I'm aware of that. But it's also been the official tagline for the SoulCalibur series for twenty years.

So, Inferno.

I'm very happy to hear he's playable, but disappointed that he's just a modified version of Nightmare with Night Terror moves. But then I had a thought.

Maybe Night Terror Inferno is just the story mode boss. He'd be kind of over-powered, to make for a satisfying final boss fight. But regular, playable Inferno is a classic mimic character with a twist: Soul Charge transforms him into Night Terror mode. This would be pretty goddamn cool. It would keep him semi-balanced, but you'd still be able to use his final boss stuff.

for me, Azwel is a more tolerable version of Algol. I don't like these character designs where they can do everything, but at least Azwel actually has weapons to be confined by, is much more charismatic, and is less of a trope.

If Edge Master is unlockable, it would raise the potential of Night Terror Inferno, because we wouldn't have two mimics, in that case. The lack of every character having a Soul Edge weapon does add credence to the idea that the unlockable Inferno would not be a mimic, but that hasn't really stopped Inferno in prior games (see SoulCalibur II, where outside of Extra, he doesn't use Soul Edge weapons, even when everyone DOES have Soul Edge weapons) from being a mimic. If nothing else, I'd hope to see a return of his unique moves that can be used in every style. I haven't watched the Xianghua vs. Inferno video, because spoilers, but I would hope he kept his old moves in addition to the Night Terror moves, and hasn't been watered down. He could also have a unique Critical Edge, regardless of which style he is mimicking, like Elysium.

Azwel does seem to be an attempt to re-imagine Algol, who wasn't very popular an addition. I know Algol has fans, but every character in this series has fans. Initial impressions seem that Azwel will be far more popular than Algol, though, so he must be doing something right. Azwel may be the Yun-seong or Maxi to Algol's Hwang or Li Long. I'm not saying Algol wouldn't make a return, but Azwel kind of makes him start to become obsolete, if you're in the camp who is against the so-called "clones".

In an esoteric way, Azwel's ultimate Critical Edge requires two bars, like Algol's does to be effective at all in SoulCalibur V. For Azwel, you've got to be under 50% health, go to Soul Charge, and then spend another bar to use a Critical Edge, because it's not free like Kilik's, and for Algol, you've got to use one bar to drop the throne and another bar to teleport and sit in the throne to do more damage. It's not necessarily the same style, but it's approaching the idea of using Soul Calibur & Soul Edge in a different, and arguably better, way. I've also spotted a few Wave Sword animations in Azwel's moves, and Algol also borrowed from Wave Sword for some of his animations. It's not as blatant a cloning, but that's why I put clones in quotes, as some of the other clones aren't really clones at all, but it doesn't stop people from saying that they are.

In a way, it's still true that you started with Hwang, since you latched on to Assassin, even if you didn't know that he was Hwang on the inside. I do strongly prefer Hwang over Yun-seong for his character and his moveset, but I understand that Yun-seong also has his own identity and moveset, and they both can exist. I just don't really care for how Hwang got eclipsed and deleted, especially when he was fully fleshed out and completed in SoulCalibur III Arcade Edition, along with Amy and Li Long, and then they only decided to keep Amy. I'm not sure what drove that decision, but it was a bad choice to make.
What a thing to say, I like all the comments that I keep seeing about Amy is a "last minute rush jobs" when she isn't, Odashi actually really liked her and her design and wanted to make a real character out of her since SC3 that's also why he kept her design in SCV, so no, to me that wasn't a bad decision and it's really getting annoying seeing all the hate about that f-in character (not talking specifically about you Dante), stop putting all the blame on a character that can't hardly even secure its place in a game no matter it's popularity.

What a thing to say, I like all the comments that I keep seeing about Amy is a "last minute rush jobs" when she isn't, Odashi actually really liked her and her design and wanted to make a real character out of her since SC3 that's also why he kept her design in SCV, so no, to me that wasn't a bad decision and it's really getting annoying seeing all the hate about that f-in character (not talking specifically about you Dante), stop putting all the blame on a character that can't hardly even secure its place in a game no matter it's popularity.
No, I think you misunderstand. I'm not saying it was a bad decision to keep Amy, I'm saying it was a bad decision to ONLY keep Amy, when Hwang and Li Long should also have been kept. I figured that all the pro-Amy-and-Raphael posts I tend to make around here would be a clue that I don't have any negative feelings toward Amy in any capacity. Amy, Hwang, and Li Long were all salvaged from their basic/incomplete/broken/etc. state in SoulCalibur III, but they only kept Amy, so it seems like so much waste to just drop Hwang and Li Long like they did, to the point it's a bit disrespectful. That's what I meant. I don't blame Amy for anything, I love Amy, I just also love Hwang and Li Long, and feel they also have a place, and their SoulCalibur III Arcade Edition movesets were their ticket for revival, and yet... nothing.

I always thought Amy was really cool, i'd really like to see her return but i suspect she probably wont, if they've made her into a little girl for this game which is i'm assuming when she first meets Raph.

I never really saw Algol's cannons as technological in nature but rather mystical. There really wasnt much to their design. They were just hollow, cylinder objects he used to form the bubbles. Same idea as the barrel of a rifle but not the firing mechanism, he ignited that.

We might be getting a bit ahead of ourselves if we think Azwel is immediately more likable than Algol. I say lets wait until we actually have time to play the game first. You might think differently about him when on the recieving end of a beating which i suspect will happen quite a bit.

I have no comment on the Inferno issue at the moment. All i'll say is i hope he has quite a few different moves taken from several characters rather than just 90% Nightmare.

No, I think you misunderstand. I'm not saying it was a bad decision to keep Amy, I'm saying it was a bad decision to ONLY keep Amy, when Hwang and Li Long should also have been kept. I figured that all the pro-Amy-and-Raphael posts I tend to make around here would be a clue that I don't have any negative feelings toward Amy in any capacity. Amy, Hwang, and Li Long were all salvaged from their basic/incomplete/broken/etc. state in SoulCalibur III, but they only kept Amy, so it seems like so much waste to just drop Hwang and Li Long like they did, to the point it's a bit disrespectful. That's what I meant. I don't blame Amy for anything, I love Amy, I just also love Hwang and Li Long, and feel they also have a place, and their SoulCalibur III Arcade Edition movesets were their ticket for revival, and yet... nothing.

Don't worry, I know you didn't meant that, that's why I specified that I wasn't really talking about you, even though I used your post to react about this, but seeing this pop out every once in a while either here or on Discord annoyed me quite a bit, I usually let it go, but this time I decided to react about it for all the times I didn't xD Sorry about that one mate ^^'

Back