Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
More unique moves to make it even worse when they reveal he's not playable. Why go through the effort to make his fighting style unique if they're not going to include him in the roster? I had some hope they'd announce something yesterday when they had an audience, but given that we're five days away and they still haven't even acknowledged the speculation just gives me a bad feeling about the whole situation.
I just noticed that the axe & shield in those images are different than the ones in the first Lizardman spotting:
firefox_2018-10-14_19-31-05.png

So now, here's a (probably incorrect) theory: What if Lizardman's moveset is actually a CaS style that's unlockable by clearing some sort of off-the-wall objectives in Libra of Soul? I just don't see why PS would create a partially unique moveset with different weapons and then not make it usable in some form.

Unless SomeRandomHuman is right and Lizardman is disc-locked DLC, in which case I'm flying over to Japan and egging Namco's office.

Unless SomeRandomHuman is right and Lizardman is disc-locked DLC, in which case I'm flying over to Japan and egging Namco's office
Well, better have him as DLC, than not have him at all. Even if it's all shady like that.
Also, Vergeben recently said that there were 2 characters prepared, but cut to be DLC and they would be the season pass together with guest. Also he mentioned that those 2 are pretty obvious and were frequently mentioned by everyone as somebody who should probably be in the base roster. So looking at this I really think that our SP will be LizardLeader, Hwang and Guest.

It seems more likely he'll be DLC, they have at least two axe skins, why go to the effort of porting or making more than 1 weapon if it's just going to be for NPCs? They'll probably correct the NPCs to the proper moveset if they released him as DLC.

Well, better have him as DLC, than not have him at all. Even if it's all shady like that.
Also, Vergeben recently said that there were 2 characters prepared, but cut to be DLC and they would be the season pass together with guest. Also he mentioned that those 2 are pretty obvious and were frequently mentioned by everyone as somebody who should probably be in the base roster. So looking at this I really think that our SP will be LizardLeader, Hwang and Guest.

You & Vergeben are WRONG.

Something i dont think anyone's said, but it's pretty likely the DLC characters will get their own story sections like tira is. Of course it could still mean it could be anybody, but it's making me feel worse about Hwang's chances considering he is already so prominent in Seong Mi-na's story.

I hope they bundle each dlc character with a new stage if they are going to come with story too.

This might explain the shortage of stages in the release build. No japan stage (setsuka) no lizardman themed stage. Maybe there's a correlation with the missing stage themes we'd usually get, with the characters that are to be added later. Just a thought.

Astaroth getting most of Rock's throws on top of his own throws probably confirms you're screwed more than anything. If Rock were to return, it would only be if he had a brand new style (highly unlikely) or if he was a bonus/echo character for Astaroth.
Some people(me included) thought Siegfried was out, because Nightmare had some of his moves, look how that turned out 😂

Edit: Also please no CaS only styles, that's what more or less killed Devil Jin for me in SCV.
And DJ was my fave in Tekken.

Last edited:
Some people(me included) thought Siegfried was out, because Nightmare had some of his moves, look how that turned out 😂
  • Everyone thought Siegfried was out because of Kayana's post, exactly as Vergeben's leak did everyone thought Seong Mi-Na probably don't make it another appearance.
  • In Astaroth's profile it is mentioned he is EXACTLY like Rock, but he doesn't care.
  • In the Museum "The Giant White" is mentioned like an urban legend.
For me Rock, Aeon, Hwang, Arthur, Cassandra, Charade, Edge Master and Yun Seong would be present in the game, because they are SC I-II characters, but it's clearly obvious that Project Soul wants to forget Rock just like they did with Li Long.

They never did forget about Hwang, Li Long, and Arthur, though. Not really. Broken Destiny and SoulCalibur V both featured all of them as Quick Battle opponents. They were also in New Legends of Project Soul, and I expect Li Long and Arthur to also be in the Museum at least in SoulCalibur VI. They’re in the back of someone’s mind, anyway. Which just makes it all the more confusing why, at the very least, Hwang and Li Long didn’t make it back for SoulCalibur IV, since like Amy, they were polished up for SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition.

• Everyone thought Siegfried was out because of Kayana's post, exactly as Vergeben's leak did everyone thought Seong Mi-Na probably don't make it another appearance.
  • In Astaroth's profile it is mentioned he is EXACTLY like Rock, but he doesn't care.
  • In the Museum "The Giant White" is mentioned like an urban legend.
For me Rock, Aeon, Hwang, Arthur, Cassandra, Charade, Edge Master and Yun Seong would be present in the game, because they are SC I-II characters, but it's clearly obvious that Project Soul wants to forget Rock just like they did with Li Long.

Everyone thought Cassandra would be playable because of Vergeben's 2nd Reddit leak with the claim Seong Mi-na won't being in SCVI. I'll give him a pass on Mi-na because his sources aren't going to know every character in the base roster. It the same as the 1st 4chan leaker getting a lot right except for Hwang & Lizardman being playable. The leaker wasn't sure if they were playable. We all know now that they are all Soul Chronicle NPCs.
2018-10-13_1602.png

Which just makes it all the more confusing why, at the very least, Hwang and Li Long didn’t make it back for SoulCalibur IV, since like Amy, they were polished up for SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition.
Harada (Co-director of Soul Calibur IV) said on twitter "Amy returned because a massive fan request".

They’re in the back of someone’s mind, anyway. Which just makes it all the more confusing why, at the very least, Hwang and Li Long didn’t make it back for SoulCalibur IV, since like Amy, they were polished up for SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition.

They are a low priority from a fiscal and creative choice standpoint, that is all.

Everyone thought Cassandra would be playable because of Vergeben's 2nd Reddit leak with the claim Seong Mi-na won't being in SCVI. I'll give him a pass on Mi-na because his sources aren't going to know every character in the base roster. It the same as the 1st 4chan leaker getting a lot right except for Hwang & Lizardman being playable. The leaker wasn't sure if they were playable. We all know now that they are all Soul Chronicle NPCs.
View attachment 51994
I don't think this necessarily means that every single character listed in the Character Compendium can't also be DLC. Surely it wouldn't be a lot of work for Project Soul to remove entries.

Now then, if a character like Hilde were to show up during the story mode without getting a Character Compendium entry added, then it would be a lot more suspicious. But as it is, I don't think we can see this as concrete proof of anything.

Considering the reaction towards Tira's announcement, I don't think they're going to reveal what's in the Season Pass before launch. And even though I agree that consumers should be told what they're getting when they buy a Season Pass, it's probably for the best that PS keeps quiet for now. We don't need a repeat of the aforementioned situation right before the game comes out.

I don't think this necessarily means that every single character listed in the Character Compendium can't also be DLC. Surely it wouldn't be a lot of work for Project Soul to remove entries.

Now then, if a character like Hilde were to show up during the story mode without getting a Character Compendium entry added, then it would be a lot more suspicious. But as it is, I don't think we can see this as concrete proof of anything.

Your jealous that Setsuka is the Season Pass and possibly have to wait a year to play Cassandra.

Your jealous that Setsuka is the Season Pass and possibly have to wait a year to play Cassandra.
I'm trying to logically deduce who the DLC characters could be and it has nothing to do who I personally want to see. I've got fairly good proof as well as I've been recording a long series of podcasts with a big focus on speculating which characters are in SC6 and you'll find plenty examples of me saying I've got extreme doubts Cassandra will be in SC6. There's only been one time I've felt like Cassandra has had really good chances of being in SC6 and that's because of the recent reveal of her new design, and that's something I've become more doubtful of now as we've seen Amy has got a re-design as well.

Cassandra & Amy are Soul Chronicle NPC's except it.

That proves you and many people are jealous that Setsuka is in the Seasson Pass

That proves you’ll stop to cry like a baby when we will get the DLC character. Don’t be salty like that and relax.

Back