Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really think setsuka's fighting style is important. Its one of the best and most original styles since sc3.

SC6 would feel incomplete to me without it, and short on oriental variety.

My guess is that Hilde is in the first season pass.
We have information about the Wolfkrone Kingdom in the museum and Nightmare fight against several Wolfkrone soldiers in the Soul Chronicles

Wolfkrone doesn't exist without Hilde, so... she has to be in the game. 😘

Wolfkrone doesn't exist without Hilde, so... she has to be in the game. 😘
I expect she uses her best outfit.
Hilde(2).jpg

Since during Evil Seed she is just a teenager it would be good for her to wear this type of clothing instead of an armor.

I expect she uses her best outfit.
View attachment 52011
Since during Evil Seed she is just a teenager it would be good for her to wear this type of clothing instead of an armor.
This is the best costume of all Soul Calibur games.
The dress, the hair, the combination of colors... that design is perfect.

If she has armor, I hope they remove the helmet.

Honestly, I'm worried about what we could get if Hilde does make a return in this game, given how much more focused on fanservice they've been with the women's designs. I'm concerned they won't care about the roots of her character and just have the same "nope, gotta see some tiddy" mindset that they've taken with pretty much all of the girls.

Honestly, I'm worried about what we could get if Hilde does make a return in this game, given how much more focused on fanservice they've been with the women's designs. I'm concerned they won't care about the roots of her character and just have the same "nope, gotta see some tiddy" mindset that they've taken with pretty much all of the girls.

it will be skin tight... metal armor

so tight, she herself will be made of titanium

in real talk though, the devs are also aware that some members of the West has been into portraying big women as well as less scantily clad women, so I won't be surprised if Hilde is kept similar.

I have to admit though, It's been pretty disappointing to see the idealism die out. Deep down I wanted them to be right.

In the end, pessimism rules over all :(
Same here, I wanted to be wrong about Aeon and Hwang not being in the game. At the very least, I'm not too disappointed since it is what I expect. The list that leaked out Azwel and "Ivy Blade" did turn out to be correct.

Now, the disappointment for me would be if Aeon is released with the moveset that the generic Lizardman is showing as I personally believe that the moveset shown needs more polish and further differentiated from Sophitia. There is no reason for Aeon to be withheld unless there is more work to be done with that moveset. Also hoping that Hwang would be included and isn't using Yun-Seong's moveset since I happen to really like what Assassin had in SoulCalibur II over Yun-Seong.

Although a guest character is expected, I'm really wishing that Namco and Project Soul would instead release Cassandra or Setsuka or Hilde instead. In fact, I would rather have Rock over a guest character unless it's Link for a Nintendo Switch version of the game. I feel like adding another guest character takes some of the spotlight away from Geralt and frustrates long-time fans of the game who want to see classic characters return.

I have to admit though, It's been pretty disappointing to see the idealism die out. Deep down I wanted them to be right.

In the end, pessimism rules over all :(
I feel like the various leaks have made this a weird emotional rollercoaster. We had Vergeben who thought Seong Mi-Na wasn't in but she was in. And who went from saying he thinks Cassandra and Hilde are likely to be DLC to saying Hwang and Lizardman are the DLC characters (which is still the most recent thing he's said about the game).

And then we've got the original Azwel leaker who listed Lizardman and Hwang as playable characters, but then started showing doubt about Hwang. And then the second Azwel leaker who thinks neither Lizardman or Hwang are playable. The same guy also said Inferno is a mimic, but we know he's based on Nightmare now.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen leaks for a game which are both super accurate and completely wrong at the same time.

It's worth mentioning we still have no confirmation who the DLC characters are. That's the one thing which has remained a big mystery.

I’ve still not given up, though. If they’re going as hard with unlocks references as they are with story and lore, Assassin and Lizardman were super late game unlocks. I believe that they will be unlockable in the last two slots, and that none of the DLC slots are currently on the character selection screen.

That's true. But they wouldn't be doing a very good job of keeping secret unlocks hidden by confirming it in the trailer before release.
But at the same time though, confirming more characters mean better advertising. If they had more than 21 characters, it would be more beneficial to actually tell that to potential buyers. In an advertising point of view, declaring more than 20 characters would have made more sense than strictly saying 21 characters but they instead decided to tell us the truth.

Back