Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
And why do you think that and not Cassandra?
To me she feels like she would have more of a chance to get in, especially since she isn't mentioned that much in the base game. like they are keeping stuff intentionally hidden, and they put the other 2 as recurrent NPC just so they can say "there, you got them, are you satisfied enough, good we can go on then, stop bothering us" xD
(Hope you are right, but Amy but I'm never lucky when it comes to games :/)
I touched on it a few posts back, but Hwang and Amy are both very weirdly engaged in combat in both story modes, and yet we don't see them fight. They could easily have thrown CaS versions of them in and had them use Mitsurugi/Xianghua and Raphael styles, respectively, but they didn't. They threw in Han-myeong, of all people, in Libra of Soul, and he uses Mitsurugi's style. We haven't seen Han-myeong as a fighter, or at all really, since SoulBlade.

Compare Cassandra, who is only in Soul Chronicle, doesn't fight, doesn't have a reason to fight, and her story doesn't really begin until SoulCalibur II anyway. She could have an origin story type deal like Talim, sure, but Talim got in due to massive fan demand and that she was cut without a replacement of any kind in SoulCalibur V (as was Zasalamel, part of why he's back, despite not interacting with anyone aside from the Conduit in Libra of Soul), while it could be argued that Patroklos was kind of like Cassandra, so she wasn't completely cut, technically.

Cassandra does have a new design, and popularity is on her side, but Amy also has a new design, while Hwang doesn't really have a new design, so it would actually appear to more likely be Cassandra and Amy instead of Hwang and Amy, and yet, Hwang represents a unique fighting style (assuming they pull from SoulCalibur III instead of just reverting him to Xianghua clone like they did with Lizardman going back to being mostly Sophitia), and has more story relevance to this time period, has a story to tell (since we only got half of it, from Mi-na's perspective), so it just seems a better choice if we did get Hwang instead of Cassandra.

Not that Cassandra doesn't have her own merits, but if we're already hypothetically not getting Yun-seong, Setsuka, Hilde, and Algol, then Cassandra could also be saved for the sequel, to generate more hype for SoulCalibur VII, where she and the others would have more and better stories to tell. I'm not believing there's a season two until we actually get confirmation of one, but if we did get a season two, Cassandra seems more prime for that.

Things can always change, of course. After 2B, we'll get our first CaS armor pack, and that might clue us in on a few things. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that that pack includes outfits for Hwang and/or Amy, if it did, well, that would certainly drop their likelihood by a lot. Until then, I'll keep my hope ready for possibly disappointment and despair.

I can't help but feel as if the next character is going to be another guest and that guest is probably going to be Kazuya Mishima since his father Heihachi and his son Jin have been featured as a guest character and guest moveset in SoulCalibur II and SoulCalibur V respectively. Trailer will show Kazuya soul charge into his Devil form.

Hoping for Hwang though.

I touched on it a few posts back, but Hwang and Amy are both very weirdly engaged in combat in both story modes, and yet we don't see them fight. They could easily have thrown CaS versions of them in and had them use Mitsurugi/Xianghua and Raphael styles, respectively, but they didn't. They threw in Han-myeong, of all people, in Libra of Soul, and he uses Mitsurugi's style. We haven't seen Han-myeong as a fighter, or at all really, since SoulBlade.

Compare Cassandra, who is only in Soul Chronicle, doesn't fight, doesn't have a reason to fight, and her story doesn't really begin until SoulCalibur II anyway. She could have an origin story type deal like Talim, sure, but Talim got in due to massive fan demand and that she was cut without a replacement of any kind in SoulCalibur V (as was Zasalamel, part of why he's back, despite not interacting with anyone aside from the Conduit in Libra of Soul), while it could be argued that Patroklos was kind of like Cassandra, so she wasn't completely cut, technically.

Cassandra does have a new design, and popularity is on her side, but Amy also has a new design, while Hwang doesn't really have a new design, so it would actually appear to more likely be Cassandra and Amy instead of Hwang and Amy, and yet, Hwang represents a unique fighting style (assuming they pull from SoulCalibur III instead of just reverting him to Xianghua clone like they did with Lizardman going back to being mostly Sophitia), and has more story relevance to this time period, has a story to tell (since we only got half of it, from Mi-na's perspective), so it just seems a better choice if we did get Hwang instead of Cassandra.

Not that Cassandra doesn't have her own merits, but if we're already hypothetically not getting Yun-seong, Setsuka, Hilde, and Algol, then Cassandra could also be saved for the sequel, to generate more hype for SoulCalibur VII, where she and the others would have more and better stories to tell. I'm not believing there's a season two until we actually get confirmation of one, but if we did get a season two, Cassandra seems more prime for that.

Things can always change, of course. After 2B, we'll get our first CaS armor pack, and that might clue us in on a few things. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that that pack includes outfits for Hwang and/or Amy, if it did, well, that would certainly drop their likelihood by a lot. Until then, I'll keep my hope ready for possibly disappointment and despair.

Algol? 😒

Nice post otherwise.

By the way, don't anyone know if Raphael actually got some of Amy's moves, because if he did, I would assume it can maybe reduce her chance of getting in.

I love Yun-seong and I want him back, but I'm team Cassandra and Amy for the fact that they are probably being prepped for release with those new outfits of theirs.

Speaking of Amy, if she really is Viola then I think it would be pretty cool if she would use a claw and a rapier to differentiate herself from Raphael. Amy could receive some moves from Viola while keeping her own unique moves that separated her from Raphael. This could work out since a rapier is a one-handed weapon so she could still have both weapons.

I’d rather one of the Korean boys If both appear would get two daos for a more realistic, acrobatic two-Swords style as opposed to Cervantes’ guns and teleports.

Connecting Amy to Viola, she could use her rapier as a conductor’s rod of sorts that commands the orb.

Last edited:
I have a feeling if they give Amy something other than a solo rapier, it won’t be a claw and orb. It will be one or the other or something entirely different.

I want Yun\Hwang and Setsuka. Cassandra, Amy, Hilde, Viola, Lizardman and Zwei for season 2. if they pull a tekken and all season 1 characters are guests then switch, Viola and Zwei with Yun-seong and Cassandra.

Back