Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thought if Ashlotte was allowed to return she could have her axe configured with a gun/cannon or it could possibly switch shape.
She would probably be introduced in SoulCalibur VII with a reworked version of 2B's moveset similar to how Aeon used Kratos' moveset in SoulCalibur V. Ashlotte will probably be closer to a power type than a speed type though.

So I've been thinking about who the two remaining DLC characters could be and made this speculated roster.

Secondly, I think the slot placement will surely change.

If they're focusing on popularity, it'll be Cassandra and Yun Seong, due to being the most popular female and male SC characters who still aren't playable (even though Amy and Hwang appear in Soul Chronicle, Libra of Souls).

It's possible that they might surprise us with yet another guest (though I think 2B and Geralt are great), but I doubt it.

speculation.jpeg

Last edited:
So I've been thinking about who the two remaining DLC characters could be and made this speculated roster.

Secondly, I think the slot placement will surely change.

If they're focusing on popularity, it'll be Cassandra and Yun Seong, due to being the most popular female and male SC characters who still aren't playable (even though Amy and Hwang appear in Soul Chronicle, Libra of Souls).

It's possible that they might surprise us with yet another guest (though I think 2B and Geralt are great), but I doubt it.

View attachment 54099

could you imagine if they used that picture and his mouth was as open as it is, taking that much of the button's real estate? lol

if sales are well, i think this is a good conjecture. if there is a second guest, it will appear in second season. unless sales are poor, in which case it might appear in first season and there'll be no second.

But among all the missing character , she seems to be the favorite one ( with Hwang). Guess she has more change to be playable , especially if they change her moveset a little bit.
We know that you’re not confident about Setsuka’s presence this time ..

I've broken down speculation (at least in my opinion) for what the last DLC could be.

This mostly hedges around my theory that 2B will go in the middle above Geralt on the character select.

Group A) Hwang and Lizardman. (This is seeming more and more unlikely. The leaks about Hwang and Lizardman could have been red herrings. For all we know they were never intended to ever be playable characters)

Group B) Two more guests. (I for one was not expecting 2B this soon. The fact that she gets her own stage, music and essentially is a DLC PACK and not a single character like Tira makes me think Guest characters will add stages just like in Tekken 7.

The logic is that someone like Tira is a standalone DLC for $6 but 2B is a "bundle" for $8. If three guests come with a stage then it's cheaper to get SCVI DLC with the season pass. if you buy only the DLC that you are interested in, or the season pass, Namco wins.

Group C) Amy and Cassandra. Due to their new costumes, this could be a reality. But I feel like they would need to sell at least one male character. I could be wrong though.

Group D) Some other unknown combination. They could be anyone really. Only Okubo and Project Soul knows.
These seem like the most realistic options, but I'd add one more:

Group E) Namco has lost all marketing sense and one of the DLC characters is Edge Master. The reason why I'd add this as option is because Edge Master is listed as a selectable character and fighting style in the game code. But maybe he's a character they were considering to add but they changed their mind, or maybe his name was used as a sneaky placeholder for 2B.

Overall, I'd say B, C, and D (D probably being Setsuka and Hilde) are the most likely options. I don't think A is very likely (I think they planned Lizardman to be AI-only from the start).

And after the reveal of 2B (like most people, I didn't expect the first character reveal to be a guest), I think the possibility of group B is pretty strong. I don't like the idea of a season pass filled only with guest characters, but as long as Namco can make those deals, then it seems like a good business decision. I'm seeing a lot of people saying they're interested in SC6 only because of 2B, and the 2B trailer is the character trailer with the most views. I don't think any returning character announcement could garner this kind of excitement.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't take too long before the other characters are revealed. It looks like 2B started development around January, and if that's the case, then I think it's very possible we don't have to wait a long time for the other DLC characters. I think it's realistic they would have had the time to finish up most of the work on 3 DLC characters since January.

One last thing to add, in this interview Okubo said the season pass could include a returning character from IV or V: http://kayane.fr/2018/08/23/kayane-...h-motohiro-okubo-producer-on-soul-calibur-vi/

Okubo has been surprisingly willing to throw out hints in interviews, so this could be a strong hint we'll be getting characters from 4 and/or 5 in the season pass. If it's from 4, then it's Hilde or Amy (though I'm not sure if Namco sees SC3 or SC4 as the proper introduction of Amy). I have a hard time seeing them add anyone from SC5, but if they're doing that, then surely it's ZWEI or Viola.

These seem like the most realistic options, but I'd add one more:

Group E) Namco has lost all marketing sense and one of the DLC characters is Edge Master. The reason why I'd add this as option is because Edge Master is listed as a selectable character and fighting style in the game code. But maybe he's a character they were considering to add but they changed their mind, or maybe his name was used as a sneaky placeholder for 2B.

Overall, I'd say B, C, and D (D probably being Setsuka and Hilde) are the most likely options. I don't think A is very likely (I think they planned Lizardman to be AI-only from the start).

And after the reveal of 2B (like most people, I didn't expect the first character reveal to be a guest), I think the possibility of group B is pretty strong. I don't like the idea of a season pass filled only with guest characters, but as long as Namco can make those deals, then it seems like a good business decision. I'm seeing a ton of people saying they're interested in SC6 only because 2B has been added to it and the 2B character trailer is the trailer with the most views on it. I don't think any returning character announcement could garner this kind of excitement.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't take too long before the other characters are revealed. It looks like 2B started development around January, and if that's the case, then I think it's very possible we don't have to wait a long time for the other DLC characters. I think it's realistic they would have had the time to finish up most of the work on 3 DLC characters since January.

One last thing to add, in this interview Okubo said the season pass could include a returning character from IV or V: http://kayane.fr/2018/08/23/kayane-...h-motohiro-okubo-producer-on-soul-calibur-vi/

Okubo has been surprisingly willing to throw out hints in interviews, so this could be a strong hint we'll be getting characters 4 and/or 5 in the season pass. If it's from 4, then it's Hilde or Amy (though I'm not sure if Namco sees SC3 or SC4 as the proper introduction of Amy). I have a hard time seeing them add anyone from SC5, but if they're doing that, then surely it's ZWEI or Viola.
Sounds fair enough. I would love to see Cass and Hilde as DLC in the first season pass. Hopefully we'll see the likes of Setsuka and Amy or Yun-Seong as DLC for the next Season Pass if there are plans for it. =3

I dont think anyone wants to see Edgemaster but i think the basis for that runs entirely under the assumption that he's a random mimic and nothing else.

Obviously if they do something different with him, then i think that would be an entirely different story and most people would probably be ok with that.

I dont think anyone wants to see Edgemaster but i think the basis for that runs entirely under the assumption that he's a random mimic and nothing else.

Obviously if they do something different with him, then i think that would be an entirely different story and most people would probably be ok with that.

We could always use another single sword user (as per his SCV artwork) that has different techniques and stances.

Although I am wondering, the way the character selection screen is distributed implies to me that we'll get the guest in center, a good char and an evil one. If Aeon's not returning, then who could go to the right? Algol?

We could always use another single sword user (as per his SCV artwork) that has different techniques and stances.

Although I am wondering, the way the character selection screen is distributed implies to me that we'll get the guest in center, a good char and an evil one. If Aeon's not returning, then who could go to the right? Algol?

I dont know, once i saw that Inferno goes in the top left corner of the screen, i lost all interest in speculating character placement on alignments, themes, or by any logical means of organization. As far as i'm concerned, its a mess now.

I dont know, once i saw that Inferno goes in the top left corner of the screen, i lost all interest in speculating character placement on alignments, themes, or by any logical means of organization. As far as i'm concerned, its a mess now.
Basically this, yeah, I still think Hwang on the left (closest to Mi-na) and Amy on the right (closest to Raphael) makes the most sense but anything is fair game at this point, since they threw reason out the window at the last minute, the bottom half and Inferno are just ugh with logic.

I don't know why you keep acting like it's totally impossible for Cassandra's NPC entry to be replaced with an actual character bio upon being added to the game. It really wouldn't be very hard for them to do.

I never said it's impossible, but there is a huge list of NPCs in the Character Compendium.

You know if they're are going to add Edgemaster he would be better served being placed in the CaS option.

Back