Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The possibility still exists that Grøh and Z.W.E.I. are one in the same.

There was the possibility of someone having the theory Z.W.E.I. being the offspring of both Siegfried and Hilde's son years ago on a thread that was deleted here. Don't know, I find that both of them being one and the same a little hard to believe.

Don't get me wrong, Hilde is the most DESERVING of being in- she's got a unique moveset and is one of the coolest, original characters they've added in a long time.

But Amy is much more popular, and at the end of the day they're gonna pick popular over everything else.

I actually love Hilde. I feel that she was the most interesting new addition to the last two games that came out. Also her circumstances and how she was pretty much forced to take the throne because her father went insane and had to be locked up. She was young when that happened. Also she really needed more love in the fifth game since she didn't really get much of a chance in the last one. She lost her land because it was tainted with the Soul Edge's influence I believe, her father went missing and she has two children but is still fighting to give them and her people a better future. So the feeling I get that she won't make in the base game is disheartening. While I feel that she was put in the game only because to have a female character that was fully dressed and to appease certain people, she actually does have character and a compelling story to go with it. Maybe if we spam Okubo's twitter maybe they'd add her?

How would you react if your favourite character got announced?

I've imagined the moment in my head. The video opens. "Perhaps it was fate..." "a tale of souls and swords."

And then BAM; the artwork flashes on screen and the announcer booms "Amy!"

I think my face would literally be O_O and I'd probably make a high pitched squeaking sound of disbelief.

I've convinced myself I'll never see her again ("Hope only brings disappointment..." after all) so if she were to suddenly be announced I'd just die. With such a tiny roster and plenty of other mainstream characters to pick from, she's one of the least likely characters to make it in.

No idea who might actually get revealed next. I feel like Maxi and Astaroth, or Taki since apparently she's an early reveal usually (and they know people really want her). Or maybe they'll reveal Cervantes to dispell that rumor everybody's freaking out about.

Well, speaking of pole users j would be amazed if Alisha from tales of Zesteria series made it into SC6. She has a good character design. In the series she has a will of steel that I really admired. I won't get into the plot but she is one of the strongest female characters I know.

Loved Roze too.

To my knowledge, yes, she's quite popular. Personally don't see it, but no hate if she's for you.

I mean- it CAN be argued that almost all the characters in the series is popular for certain people. Talim for example for my understanding is popular with Filipinos and people that love her personality; the Koreans for, well, being Koreans, Amy and Viola that are into the style of clothing that they are wearing, etc. From my experience in fanfiction.net people there seemed to hate Xianghua (or at least in the early days. Barely anyone writes for the series anymore) but people there love Talim. Not so sure about Xianghua here at 8wayrun, but I know that Talim is real divisive here.

Talim is cool only because her weapons and move set is very unique. Whether she's trash tier or not is beside the point since this is a new game and that can be changed

Whether she's trash tier or not is beside the point since this is a new game and that can be changed

This is a new year and it has been about ten years since she was in a game so I'm hoping that she gets balanced and NOTHING could go wrong, right?

I like her just because I adore her pure nature and how brave she is to help people in need like in SCIII. Also I do like her unique weapon.

She gets too much popularity for little she had contributed to the franchise as a whole.

There are a slew of characters throughout the whole series who have had deeper personality, had given more to the plot of Soulcalibur, and have more functional playstyles.

Can you tell me...
Why does Talim deserve to be popular?!

Talim was a ULTRA cheap character when she was introduced in SC II perfect for making people slaty, like Amy in IV, so a big part of it was that she is also a cute girl and people like cute things a lot of Talim fans are girls as well from what I know.

She gets too much popularity for little she had contributed to the franchise as a whole.

There are a slew of characters throughout the whole series who have had deeper personality, had given more to the plot of Soulcalibur, and have more functional playstyles.

Can you tell me...
Why does Talim deserve to be popular?!

You asking for a long essay? Not going to do that here though with my own reasons why I believe she is popular it is because she can communicate with the wind and control it to some extant, helps people in need even taking drastic measures that might take her powers away that she had her whole life, wants to purify the swords to prevent anymore bad things to happen as she is traveling by herself at a young age and many like her fighting style that can be improved on.

By the way, what you said could be applied to characters like Mitsurugi from the top three popular characters. He hasn't done much in the story but only to fight against Algol to a draw (which it was changed to when Project Soul couldn't add in his younger supposed brother) yet I and many people still like him despite that.

Also with the reboot they could be given more importance.

You asking for a long essay? Not going to do that here though with my own reasons why I believe she is popular it is because she can communicate with the wind and control it to some extant, helps people in need even taking drastic measures that might take her powers away that she had her whole life, wants to purify the swords to prevent anymore bad things to happen as she is traveling by herself at a young age and many like her fighting style that can be improved on.

By the way, what you said could be applied to characters like Mitsurugi from the top three popular characters. He hasn't done much in the story but only to fight against Algol to a draw (which it was changed to when Project Soul couldn't add in his younger supposed brother) yet I and many people still like him despite that.

Also with the reboot they could be given more importance.
It's moreso about the design and what he represents, especially coming from a Japanese company that created Mitsurugi, like others, from 90's tropes, which involved more realistic, or semi-realistic characters at the time, and Western audiences also favor that same approach. In this case, Mitsurugi is the everyday masculine ronin archetype that was pretty popular in Japanese media.

But in his story's defense, much of that blame has to do with the creators of the series writing the story to where Soul Calibur and Soul Edge have little to no importance in Japan. They could relate the appearance of demons in the story to Soul Edge, but they have yet to that. Instead, they make it where characters insert shards into their weapons (Taki), or their weapons miraculously ended up "tainted" (Yoshimitsu).

How would you react if your favourite character got announced?

I've imagined the moment in my head. The video opens. "Perhaps it was fate..." "a tale of souls and swords."
And then the announcer booms "Ashlotte". My instant reaction would probs be "Squeeeee!! Wait... Dafuq?!"
In all seriosuness, Ashlotte is not going to make it, at most she is going to be mentioned as a creation of Fygul Cemestus.

The next best for me, obviously would be "Taki", "Voldo", "Astaroth" or "Aeon". FOr all of these I would probably jump up and scream. People would look at me weirdly but I don't care.

As for my speculation;
1. Sophi
2. Groh
3. Nighty
4. Xianghua
5. Kilik
6: Maxi (Gay Maxi. I will not settle for anything less. Maxi is now gay in my headcanon, and will always be so.)
7. Asta (can't have Maxi with Asta. Also, name another game series where you have a golem that is ALWAYS ANGRY, ALL THE TIME! "You maggots!")
8. Setsuka (pls PS.)
9. Geralt
10. Zas
11. Ivy (not really a favourite of mine, but it'd be weird without her. Will always love her hair though. Life goals.)
12. Mitsu (I would not be happy without my fave samurai.)
13. Talim
14. Taki
15. Raph/Amy (Can't really imagine them having both, as much as I would love it.)
16. Cerv
17. Tira
18. Hilde (tbf, there is not a valid reason for her to not be in the game. Sc3 and 4 take place in the same year.)
19. "Father"
20. Aeon (specifically Aeon, preferably with the Kratos style, it actually makes him kinda menacing, unlike the other ones.)
21. Voldo
22. A female character, Probs the dark skinned character PS were talking about. Hopefully she will be egyptian?
23. Yoshimitsu
24. Either Algol, Dampierre, MiNa, or Yun. (I imagine that at least one of these will make it in. MiNa and Yun are very popular, Dampierre is just Dampierre, he is amazing, and Algol could make a very interesting addition, plus he could look amazing in sc6.

I think Lizardman should be the alternate costume to Aeon. They can give lizardman all the different Dino heads and shit while making Aeon have a single consistent appearance.
1P
latest

latest

latest

2P
latest

latest

latest

They only used the same body in Soul Calibur V, probably because Lizardman/Aeon is not a priority...

Back