Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hilde could be in SoulCalibur VI younger as seen in her concept art from New Legends of Project Soul, but it's notable that she only had her spear in those arts, no sword. Her style could also be recycled and we might get playable Salia Olschmidt finally. Her bio has ties to Hilde and Wolfkrone, so it's not impossible.
No offense but this would be one of worst things they could've done with her if not the worst. And we can't even get the all the styles&veterans in one game I don't know why some of people are so eager to get minor characters to get involved. I don't think we need to see Rothion or Lucius in action.
Plus Hilde's style is stated to be only used by her family it only became used by others when she joined Schwarz Wind and teach some of them.
And posing with spear doesn't mean she only uses spear too.

do u see that almost anyone is talking about rock in the game like how the fuck he was cloned or used to create astaroth or bangoo grown with the double handled axe like omg I miss rock so mush ... help
Snow-Capped Showdown confirms Rock:sc4roc1: maybe...

Hilde could be in SoulCalibur VI younger as seen in her concept art from New Legends of Project Soul, but it's notable that she only had her spear in those arts, no sword. Her style could also be recycled and we might get playable Salia Olschmidt finally. Her bio has ties to Hilde and Wolfkrone, so it's not impossible.
We still don't know when exactly the game will be set, all we know is that it's during the original Soulcalibur era and will begin at 1586 (which is one year before Soulcalibur I) and if the quote of "during the original Soulcalibur era" makes you think anything (the original era being all games before SCV as that was the "new era") and the fact that leaks also have pointed out, it's very possible it's going to take a MK9 story route and span multiple games so it's very possible that Hilde will be in it at her 18+ age (if not most probably DLC)

Not sure they will put Hwang on DLC. He has better chance being in the starting roster. I suspect DLC will be "very popular char. that can't really suit in the story or timeline".

But we will see.

Last edited:
Who do we want to be the slow, heavy-hitter in SC6? Astaroth, Rock, Bangoo or somebody else? I'd be fine with Rock coming back as long as he wasn't just an inferior Astaroth as he has been since the 3rd game.

Rock would be fine if they did give him a bit of a identity, weapon of choice wise, Rock never dealt enough damage for what he was sporting and I did be okay if grampling wasn't the main focus of his style.

I don't mean to sound rude, but did either of you play Rock in SC4? He played totally different from Astaroth or from any one else in the series (with the possible exception of Arthur/samurai from SC3). His setups, pressure tools and mind games were all his own.

I'd be fine with his weapon going back to giant axe, since his moveset wouldn't be very different either way. And there are also story reasons why he would have his axe.

I don't mean to sound rude, but did either of you play Rock in SC4? He played totally different from Astaroth or from any one else in the series (with the possible exception of Arthur/samurai from SC3). His setups, pressure tools and mind games were all his own.

I'd be fine with his weapon going back to giant axe, since his moveset wouldn't be very different either way. And there are also story reasons why he would have his axe.
Everything is like a 50/50 with him. Do you stay on the ground and guess the throw break or tech roll and get hit with 4 a+b and land right back the in the same exact situation. Trolling people online with him used to be so much fun.

Rock's story line is good, especially back to SE/SC. He lost his family because of the Soul Edge. He was copied to produce Asta. Namco should make Rock as strong as he looks like!

I wonder if they will announce more characters before it then.
If they don't, these characters will be shown and made playable in the EVO demo, it's written on the official SC6 website as I put in in another topic.

HOLD IT!

New characters are to appear in the EVO demo! It is stated on the official SC6 website, under the "Special" menu!

今回の出展で使用できるキャラクターは
「御剣 平四郎」「ソフィーティア・アレクサンドル」他を予定しています。​

(roughly translated)

Usable characters in this demo
Mitsurugi Heishiro, Sophitia Alexandra, and others are planned.​

Also, on the same website, they say that participants will be chosen via lucky draw if there are too many participants.

SoulCalibur VI menu from CES Demo
N1ZbJiJ.jpg

3VzXvjQ.jpg

Here's my roster, based partly on what I think is likely and partly on what I want. It's not perfect, but it could happen I think.

CONFIRMED
100% GUARANTEED
MY PREDICTION
MY IMPOSSIBLE DREAM
  1. Mitsurugi
  2. Sophitia
  3. Kilik
  4. Xianghua
  5. Maxi
  6. Nightmare
  7. Astaroth
  8. Ivy
  9. Voldo
  10. Taki
  11. Cervantes
  12. Yoshimitsu
  13. Edgemaster
  14. Seung Mina
  15. Hwang
  16. Rock
  17. Lizardman
  18. Siegfried
  19. Zasalamel
  20. Tira
  21. Raphael
  22. Cassandra
  23. (new - twinsaber guy)
  24. (new - female)
DLC
  1. Guest Character 1 (2B)
  2. Guest Character 2 (Geralt of Rivia)
  3. Guest Character 3 (Goro Majima's non-union samurai equivalent from Yakuza Ishin)

Some notes:
I didn't include the twinsaber guy's father, since I find that rumor too difficult to believe. Namco has never released a fighting game without a new female character in it, and I don't think they'll start now.

I think it's possible (and I hope) that all the guest characters are DLC. Since the producer's wording was "look forward to collaborations," rather than "you won't believe who's joining the roster!" it could be they're planning to take their time with them. It also gives fans the opportunity to not buy the DLC characters if they're incredibly stupid.

I think it's unlikely we'll get classic SC characters as DLC. In the Eventhubs poll after the top twenty characters everyone was at 2.2% or below. And this was in a poll where people could vote for multiple characters. I think it's unlikely Namco would add a character that only 2% of fans would be excited for. And adding Hilde, Setsuka or Li Long is unlikely to excite anyone except SC fans. Another advantage of guest character DLC is that it would generate publicity for the game post-launch. I think their decisions will be based on marketing, rather than making fans happy.

On Cassandra's inclusion... I hesitated the most on this one. It was between her, Setsuka and Talim. Cassandra's disadvantage is that her weapon has always been identical to Sophitia. Setsuka's weakness is that there are already three other Japanese characters on the roster. Talim's weakness is that Namco seems to hate her. While she wouldn't be my choice, I think Cassandra's popularity among Japanese fans (and Project Soul) will win the day.

Lastly, I listed Siegfried only as a maybe. I think there's a tiny, tiny chance that they'll do what SC2 did and just have Nightmare on the roster, with a Siegfried alternate costume. If they did this, Nightmare would of course play like he did in SC1 and 2 (i.e. like Siegfried), since that seems to be the more popular moveset between the two of them. However, Siegfried is obviously very very likely.

Back