Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh, I had another thought about those nodes on the bottom left and bottom right. What if it's like SoulCalibur III, and the game allows you to load two sets of custom characters, and so one is 1p's characters and the other is 2p's characters? Then the bottom left slot could be used for a mimic character, as an alternative mirror for "random".

So the bottom row could be:

Edge Master, Seong Mi-na, Grøh's Father, Hwang, Random
-or-
Edge Master, Cassandra, Grøh's Father, Aeon, Random​

Edit: Or, if you hate the idea of mimics, perhaps Amy, to mirror Raphael... :sc4amy1:

Last edited:
Okay guys with the recent story mode trailer Cervantes, Astaroth and Lizardman teased, so that means that they are in the base roster... Here's mine final character selection roster of Soul Calibur VI! I think that we'll have two more new characters and if Rock will not make it I believe that Amy, Hilde or even Algol and Dampierre will return!

scvi roster.jpg

I'm sticking with what I said before for my predictions, mostly.

1st row is Raphael and Tira.
2nd row is Astaroth.
3rd row is Inferno (in the center slot, will be unlocked) and Voldo.
4th row is Talim and Cervantes.
5th row is Yun-seong, Cassandra, Grøh's Father, and Aeon.

DLC characters are Amy/Viola, Setsuka, Hilde, and 2B.

My condolences to Seong Mi-na and Hwang. I'll do my best to cope with custom character creations versions of them.

GrohFather - Sieg - Zas - Night - Cerv
Xiang - Maxi - Sophie - Asta - Ivy
Yoshi - Kilik - CaS - Groh - Voldo
Talim
- Mitsu - Geralt - Taki - Raph
Inferno - Cassie - Lizzy - Tira - Rando

Not worried about Voldo.

Leaks make Groh’s dad, Voldo, Talim, Tira, and maybe Cassandra probable.

Astaroth, Cervantes, Lizzy, Talim, and Inferno are soft confirms. The last one may be boss only.

Raph, Yun, and Setsuka are unknowns.

The SB reject club led by Hwang and Li-Long with members Mi-Na and Rock are at the bottom of the pole.

Astaroth is pretty much confirmed and I have an image to prove it.
View attachment 49341

If you look at the story trailer (40 seconds in) you can definitely see outlines of Lizardman and Cervantes as well. It's unlikely that they will just appear as silhouettes in story scenes.

Last edited:
How would you feel if this was the overall roster?

PM4DRNN[1].jpg

Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Grøh, Nightmare, Xianghua, Kilik, Maxi, Lizardman, Seong Mi-na, Tira, New Character (Male), New Character, Raphael (DLC), Toki (DLC)

Bottom

Ivy, Zasalamel, Geralt, Siegfried, Taki, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes, Astaroth, Talim, Voldo, New Character (Female), Algol (Pre-Order Bonus), Setsuka (DLC), 2B (DLC)

Going with the idea that we have 23 base characters and a bonus that I'm presuming is a pre-order, plus at least four DLC fighters, I tried my hand at this based on what we know, leaks, and general speculation. Just wondering what you guys would think of this.

xqj60pmo1o411.jpg
I have to ask since this is the most recent build next to the question mark on the bottom right and on the bottom left there are two small arrows pointing to smaller circles. What do we think those are going to be? My theory is that they are unlockable characters (one being the final boss (bets on Inferno being a mimic) and the other being a near identical copy of another character (possibly Amy/Viola) as I believe Raphael will find himself on the bottom left.

If this is the case then technically we have 12 potential characters to add to the Roster rather than 10. There is also a possibility though that the circle will be akin to Soul Calibur IV and have a few other characters similar to shuri and friends (perhaps this could be for characters with similar fighting styles or DLC characters). We have been told there will be four additional characters so is one of those for them or will they appear on the select screen somewhere else?

I think we can also do some speculating via the timeline as well...yoshimitsu isn't on the timeline so is probably hidden by the Kilik vs Groh box two of the names are also smaller than the rest blurred out names so my guess is Tira and Talim (specifically because of where they are placed). Hilde I believe will be sitting this one out unless she appears earlier than her appearance of IV in the timeline (which I would love but doubt will happen).

Attachments

• soulcalibur-story-layout.jpg
    soulcalibur-story-layout.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 124
Assuming that the CaS slot is the one opposite random, and not the middle circle, my guesses are:

1. Cervantes
2. Astaroth
3. Voldo
4. Talim
5. Tira
6. Raphael
7. Cassandra
8. Lizardman
9. Groh's father

This would be a fine roster to me and I would have little complaints. In the case of the opposite slot not being for CaS though I would guess Hwang or Seong Mi Na takes the spot there, or a new female character.

The bonus character is one of the four DLC characters, and you have it listed like they're not. The way you wrote it, there's a bonus character, and then four DLC characters. There's a bonus character, and then three DLC characters, for a total of four.

On top of that, you don't even list Hwang as a possibility. Li Long, probably not, but Hwang has a chance of being in, since he was in the original SoulCalibur. But I mostly also feel like your cut characters section isn't really necessary, and it could be more positively listed as unknowns, like it's pretty likely that Algol and Dampierre are cut, but significantly less likely that Yun-seong and Cassandra are cut. Putting them all together doesn't really seem fair.

Oh, and you don't list Inferno, it's about 50/50 he's gonna be unlockable and playable mimic/boss character.

The bonus character is one of the four DLC characters, and you have it listed like they're not. The way you wrote it, there's a bonus character, and then four DLC characters. There's a bonus character, and then three DLC characters, for a total of four.

On top of that, you don't even list Hwang as a possibility. Li Long, probably not, but Hwang has a chance of being in, since he was in the original SoulCalibur. But I mostly also feel like your cut characters section isn't really necessary, and it could be more positively listed as unknowns, like it's pretty likely that Algol and Dampierre are cut, but significantly less likely that Yun-seong and Cassandra are cut. Putting them all together doesn't really seem fair.

Oh, and you don't list Inferno, it's about 50/50 he's gonna be unlockable and playable mimic/boss character.
Thanks for clearing that up. 27 is kind of a step down. I hope there's more down the road after the four...

Also, I'm kinda worried about Cassandra's chances. I've heard nothing about her being in the game, and she wasn't playable in SCI era plus Lizardman has the shield and sword style. I know we have SCII and SCIII characters and it's a reboot, but it mainly focuses on the SCI roster. I'd be willing to be they're saving characters like Cassandra for sequels.

When you say cut from the game what do you mean? not mentioned at all or cut from the playable roster?
because I'd think every character that's currently missing has a decent chance of not being playable in SCVI's base roster, with the exception of maybe the two remaining SC1 starter characters in Astaroth and Voldo, and probably Cervantes, because you know...he's Cervantes, but otherwise no one is exempt.

When you say cut from the game what do you mean? not mentioned at all or cut from the playable roster?
because I'd think every character that's currently missing has a decent chance of not being playable in SCVI's base roster, with the exception of maybe the two remaining SC1 starter characters in Astaroth and Voldo, and probably Cervantes, because you know...he's Cervantes, but otherwise no one is exempt.
Basically, I was saying the word "cut" was too harsh right now, at a glance, because to me, that means that there was a conscious decision to leave that character out, and that's not the case for all the listed characters. It's basically the difference between saying we wanted to include someone but we couldn't versus we were never planning on including someone. And including those who have a fair shot in with the ones who obviously don't, doesn't seem fair to me.

Basically, I was saying the word "cut" was too harsh right now, at a glance, because to me, that means that there was a conscious decision to leave that character out, and that's not the case for all the listed characters. It's basically the difference between saying we wanted to include someone but we couldn't versus we were never planning on including someone. And including those who have a fair shot in with the ones who obviously don't, doesn't seem fair to me.
I agree to an extent, and no, I don't believe for a second that they're just going to erase a character from history just like that without any explanation, in fact, since day 1 of SCVI, I believed we were going to see most of the main cast make an appearance in the game in one way or the other, just not all of them will be playable,
but you do get what I'm saying right? I hope it wouldn't be such a surprise to you, if most of the empty spots will belong to newcomers, because Namco does have a track record of introducing a lot of them in their fighting games, especially lately, so it goes without saying, that almost none of the missing characters are guaranteed to be playable, at least in the games first form.

I do see what you're saying, and if SoulCalibur VI was a true sequel, I would be more inclined to believe, but frankly, I'm surprised that we have any new characters at all, barring guests, considering that this game is a reboot and meant to be a throwback to the good old days to give the series more traction to move forward. They know that losing characters and styles in SoulCalibur V was a big deal and a bad thing, so the idea that they would repeat their mistakes in that regard is illogical to me. We can have new characters, that's fine, but this isn't the time for a bunch of them. That's what the next game is for, where we keep everyone from this game, and then add more. Imagine how silly it would be if SoulCalibur VII introduced kmown and popular characters as new when the previous game had five all new characters. It doesn't make sense in the reboot environment.

considering that this game is a reboot
But it isn't, the correct term would be a remake quite frankly, soft reboot at best, it has freaking Geralt in the story and one of the main characters is a newcomer, this game is not just a reboot dude lol.
Imagine how silly it would be if SoulCalibur VII introduced kmown and popular characters as new when the previous game had five all new characters. It doesn't make sense in the reboot environment.
You'd be surprised to hear this, but I actually believe that a lot of the characters we won't get the chance to play as in this game or at least ones who won't make it to the base roster, will be a part of what I think should be the sequel to VI, I think they will build the sequel around SC2+3 events, since it's been basically confirmed that the events of SCVI will take place between SC and SC2.

But it isn't, the correct term would be a remake quite frankly, soft reboot at best, it has freaking Geralt in the story and one of the main characters is a newcomer, this game is not just a reboot dude lol.
You'd be surprised to hear this, but I actually believe that a lot of the characters we won't get the chance to play as in this game or at least ones who won't make it to the base roster, will be a part of what I think should be the sequel to VI, I think they will build the sequel around SC2+3 events, since it's been basically confirmed that the events of SCVI will take place between SC and SC2.
Okubo himself said the keyword for the game is reboot...

Back