Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it's a bit silly to assume there is nothing left to reveal. This early reveal to me actually means more likely the opposite.... Hwang, Aeon, and any other character (especially female hehe) have an increased chance of appearing imo. It's not likely that they are just not going to reveal any characters for a month. At the very least they will show DLC silhouettes or something.

I was half-right earlier in my many times saying that it's kind of weird to save Raphael and only Raphael for TGS... heck they don't even reveal him at TGS!

Glad Raphael is finally out in the open. Now if we get any more teasing or secrecy, we can--with fair confidence--rule out it being related to Raph or Cervantes. Not saving him for TGS is curious. He was the easy out as far as announcement goes, if a disappointing one thanks to the leak. Either they're banking on gameplay of the post-E3 characters being satiating enough, or there's yet more to reveal. The game is just over a month away.

Last edited:
Now that Raphael has finally been officially revealed, we now have these characters officially revealed in the roster.
  1. Mitsurugi
  2. Sophitia
  3. Grøh
  4. Nightmare
  5. Xianghua
  6. Kilik
  7. Ivy
  8. Zasalamel
  9. Geralt
  10. Siegfried
  11. Taki
  12. Yoshimitsu
  13. Maxi
  14. Talim
  15. Voldo
  16. Astaroth
  17. Seong Mi-na
  18. Azwel
  19. Cervantes
  20. Raphael
Could this be the final launch roster? 20 characters appear to be very little. Adding Tira makes 21 characters. Although I would still keep my expectations minimum, it makes one wonder what Bandai Namco will be revealing to us in Tokyo Game Show. Will we see anything new there? Maybe we will actually see Hwang and Aeon or maybe we will see a new character. It could even be another game mode since the Japanese website still has it listed as "Coming Soon" even though they released a game mode trailer. Who knows, maybe they will reveal the 2nd DLC for more controversy lol.

Because Raphael has been revealed, we should be expecting something new for Tokyo Game Show instead of just Raphael. The hype has been revived. The new question would be if TGS 2018 disappoints.

I thought the Soul Calibur VI TGS stuff was on the weekend?

Since TGS is using the build that was leaked at Melbourne, they will have to reveal Raphael today because all "officially" announced characters will be in the build. This is a fact.

As for the 20th, we'll definitely get more info.
I will like to kindly advise everyone to not expect so much for TGS.

Since TGS is using the build that was leaked at Melbourne, they will have to reveal Raphael today because all "officially" announced characters will be in the build. This is a fact.

As for the 20th, we'll definitely get more info.
I will like to kindly advise everyone to not expect so much for TGS.

This build was shown by Nvidea when E3 happened.

2018-09-17_0736.png

Stage Select
vlcsnap-2018-09-18-22h24m12s220.png

Now that Raphael has finally been officially revealed, we now have these characters officially revealed in the roster.
  1. Mitsurugi
  2. Sophitia
  3. Grøh
  4. Nightmare
  5. Xianghua
  6. Kilik
  7. Ivy
  8. Zasalamel
  9. Geralt
  10. Siegfried
  11. Taki
  12. Yoshimitsu
  13. Maxi
  14. Talim
  15. Voldo
  16. Astaroth
  17. Seong Mi-na
  18. Azwel
  19. Cervantes
  20. Raphael
Could this be the final launch roster? 20 characters appear to be very little. Adding Tira makes 21 characters. Although I would still keep my expectations minimum, it makes one wonder what Bandai Namco will be revealing to us in Tokyo Game Show. Will we see anything new there? Maybe we will actually see Hwang and Aeon or maybe we will see a new character. It could even be another game mode since the Japanese website still has it listed as "Coming Soon" even though they released a game mode trailer. Who knows, maybe they will reveal the 2nd DLC for more controversy lol.

Because Raphael has been revealed, we should be expecting something new for Tokyo Game Show instead of just Raphael. The hype has been revived. The new question would be if TGS 2018 disappoints.

24 is the base standard for returning fighters nowadays (as I pointed out earlier).... so since Tira was not originally billed as DLC but rather a day-1 bonus character via DLC, and Inferno is assumed by many to come, then we could have 2 more, probably Hwang and Aeon... maybe someone else though instead of one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if they left it at just Inferno, and then called Tira part of base (even though she really isn't), and though it would be a boring month unless the other content reveals are so great.

@MichaelJackson @fjaoaoaoao
IF there is more or another character I have to give bamco credit for making it the most well kept secret ever given ALL of the other legitimate leaks we have gotten that has never shown the other characters as being more than story content.

If I were Bamco and I learned from past mistakes, then I would purposely guard the planned last reveals, especially from anything external (ie an outside vendor localization). I'm overthinking it now, but character that require less localization might be good for final reveals (Maybe why Miguel and Kuma/Panda were near the end of Tekken 7 reveals?)

Last edited:
View attachment 51115

Someone on the Soulcalibur Reddit posted this screenshot claiming it’s been sent to various gaming publications insinuating it’s the final build.

My hope for Hwang and Aeon is dying rapidly. Inversely, my rage for the layout of the screen (empty slots) is increasing rapidly too.

The source of this screenshot is from this video at @ 0:24

TGS will have mostly all the gameplay for all the folks we haven't seen gameplay for yet, which is nice, but there's still a month between now and the release, so we could absolutely get a Hwang and Lizardman trailer two weeks from now, at the halfway mark.

The source of this screenshot is from this video at @ 0:24

That screenshot is fake but Isn't that a new video?

TGS will have mostly all the gameplay for all the folks we haven't seen gameplay for yet, which is nice, but there's still a month between now and the release, so we could absolutely get a Hwang and Lizardman trailer two weeks from now, at the halfway mark.

If there's only 2 characters left, I personally hope it's 2 other characters, but that's unrealistic and probably hurtful to a lot of people's expectations, so realistically, I hope it's someone else and then Hwang or Lizardman.

Back