Soulcalibur VI Petition

Do you support an update for SCV and/or SC6?

• Yes

Votes: 249 97.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
Hey guys. So, after looking at all the updates and releases they have been doing for Tekken, DOA, SF, Smash, Lost Swords, etc, I figured that it's about time WE (the main SCV make) get something as well. They have time to create swimsuits and thongs for Pyrrha, they should have time to put DLC characters or patches as well.

With that said, I would like to get the entirety of what's known as the Soulcalibur community and tweet to @hoshino_calibur, @Harada_TEKKEN, @JKartje or Namco for a patch, update, or DLC to the mainstream game. We deserve some support as well. I know the French, German, and Japanese community are willing to support this too once this "movement" gets started. You can tweet for a whole new game if you want, the point of this is to speak up for something, unless you're all ok with letting Lost Swords have everything.

Namco can ignore a few people, even a handful, but they can't ignore an entire community across countries reaching out to them for this. Will you guys support this?

SCV won't be updated. They just released SC2HD and Lost Swords. They're still updating Lost Swords. Plus they're not going to announce anything new until they actually have something to show which will be a while from now, along with completing the other projects that they're currently working on.

There's usually a 3-4 year gap between games. Give them time and play SCV, or SC2HD, or Lost Swords, or whatever. If you don't hear anything in a year or so, then bug them. I rather them take the time that they need and make the game that everyone wants versus petitioning and rushing another game out the door.

What makes you guys think that there won't be a SC6 or whatever down the road?

SCV won't be updated. They just released SC2HD and Lost Swords. They're still updating Lost Swords. Plus they're not going to announce anything new until they actually have something to show which will be a while from now, along with completing the other projects that they're currently working on.

There's usually a 3-4 year gap between games. Give them time and play SCV, or SC2HD, or Lost Swords, or whatever. If you don't hear anything in a year or so, then bug them. I rather them take the time that they need and make the game that everyone wants versus petitioning and rushing another game out the door.

What makes you guys think that there won't be a SC6 or whatever down the road?

I think this petition is more of a means to get our voices heard and form some type of communication not for them to rush a game out.

I think petitioning at least for a confirmation of a Soulcalibur 5: Complete Edition or, much more appealing, a Soulcalibur 6 is a good way to let them know we still care about Soulcalibur.

For sure I think many ppl here don't want the game rushed, but I think we're doing this to show Namco that there is still interest in Soul Calibur and our numbers do show.

I would be at least glad Namco tells us updates on their development and if they can't show anything presentable then they don't have to yet.

Now THAT'S a post that'd make me login after more than a year in these forums!
Good luck with your petition Zane! You have the support of the Greek community as well. I'll try and promote this in every way that I can :)
Although to be entirely honest I'd favour a possible Soul Calibur 6 title over an upgrade of 5. But that's just me.
I really hope this series gets the attention it deserves by NB and stop focusing on Narutard games...

SCV is geared towards the more hardcore players. SC2HD and lost swords were more for the casual crowd

Guess which group makes namco more money? Which game do you think they will update? Get my point?

The hardcore crowd needs to understand that no one outside of their little universe gives a fuck about competitive SC.

Most "gamers" I know have never even heard of SC. That should tell you something.

Lolz. A niche crowd demanding to be heard.

SCV is geared towards the more hardcore players. SC2HD and lost swords were more for the casual crowd

Guess which group makes namco more money? Which game do you think they will update? Get my point?

The hardcore crowd needs to understand that no one outside of their little universe gives a fuck about competitive SC.

Most "gamers" I know have never even heard of SC. That should tell you something.

Hm, I think someone here doesn't like competitive players. Or competitive Calibur. Or the people on this site. Which is a competitive site btw

Namco may make more spin offs, but there's going to be a SCVI whether you like it or not. Only will tell how it turns out. Hopefully there'll be a good balance between casual and competitive elements.

I disagree, I wouldn't say SCV is geared towards more hardcore players. The controls of SCV are very easy, combos have been made easier to get and the addition of brave edges replaced most peoples just inputs which obviously where harder to get. SCIII and SCIV are more for the hardcore players, impacts are harder to get, they have parries, many just inputs for better combos, many other things like that. If you are a good player of SCV there will be better people on SCIV skill wise.

Accessibility =/= competitive.
That's true. What I'm trying to say is though, if you think you're a good player on SCV how good would you be on SCIV? I just think SCIV is more competitive that SCV because you need better skill so people will try harder to win because it will show that they have better skills than everyone else. But I see what you mean, the easier the game is the more competitive its going to be but because of how easy SCV is I don't think its more for the hardcore players.

Then again SCV shows how many wins and loses you have overall but SCIV doesn't so obviously SCV is going to be more competitive due to the fact that people want to have more wins than loses so will do whatever they can to win aha

Why do so many people have this false assumption that easy inputs = for casuals, and doing 20 hit combos of pure JF's means you have skill? None of Skullgirls inputs are hard, yet no one is saying that game isn't geared toward hardcore competitive players. Besides that, Soul Calibur has always been an easy execution game. Most of time you see someone parry is because they made a guess, and it worked out.
Algol in SC4 can zone out most of the cast with BB, so yeah skill.

Why do so many people have this false assumption that easy inputs = for casuals, and doing 20 hit combos of pure JF's means you have skill? None of Skullgirls inputs are hard, yet no one is saying that game isn't geared toward hardcore competitive players. Besides that, Soul Calibur has always been an easy execution game. Most of time you see someone parry is because they made a guess, and it worked out.
I'm not saying easy input is for casuals. If you read my above post you'll see what I mean. Anyway, I have seen some very good players on SCV that are also very good on SCIV. I'm just saying that SCIV's input was a lot harder than SCV and requires more skill to master than what SCV does. I mean, Ivy's original grab (not iCS I just can't remember the name of her first grab) is a brave edge now like it just shows how dulled down the input of SCV is. Yes but parries and impacts require better timing than SCV which is just pressing G on impact. On the old games to impact a low you would actually have to do 1G or to parry a low 3G but on SCV you just press G. Yes, some people can impacts/parries randomly but it still requires skill to execute them all the time.

I'm not a competitive player, I don't really care about winning or losing on any Soulcalibur game. I'm just saying how much harder the old games are to master than SCV. I'm good at both SCIV and SCV but I do find SCV a lot easier input wise.

Last edited:
But accessibility does not equate to skill level.
Yes exactly! That's why I think SCIV is harder to master and you need more skill to master it than SCV! Just because SCV is easy and you think you're good at it doesn't mean you have good skill.

At first I thought you were trolling but you seem to be dead serious.

Of course Soucalibur isnt as big as Streetfighter or Tekken but there are tons of fans worldwide.

We shouldnt petition because youre not interested?
Youve gotta be fair about this.

Yes exactly! That's why I think SCIV is harder to master and you need more skill to master it than SCV! Just because SCV is easy and you think you're good at it doesn't mean you have good skill.
I think you completely missed CFW's point. I think CFW means making a game more accessible does NOT make it lower skill. Besides that, learning inputs isn't a skill, its muscle memory. Also, as far as Ivy's command grabs are concerned, there has always been a way into tricking the input system into thinking you did it right. Anyways enough of that.

so in two days since my post in the atlanta matchfinder, not one post has been posted in ANY of the matchfinder threads. Aside from the video game/art/tournament/and general threads... how is this an active site?

and even looking in the atl post, through the month of October, I don't see SCV at their location of choice. I'm sure you can bring sc5 and play sc5. but no monthly. no weekly?

yeah. Real active community. COME ON BRUH!!! Make a new game, with the spirit of soul calibur. Kill this one off entirely. It's high past time namco calls T.o.D

Look, I don't want to be negative. I would love to be hype. But the prospect of a new soul calibur doesn't excite me. It's like how are they going to fuck this up even more? It's like through each SC instead of adding features they took away.

you say I'm insulting Sc5 players. well to quote a close friend.

"I see you talking....."

and to follow that up with a quote from a random crack head on the streets

"WELL WHERE IT AT, MUH FUCKA?!?!?!"

Cause I don't see it. oh wait.. it's all online only now isn't it? That's what it is.
it's all online now. gotcha.

*Frank Underwood knock*

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back