SoulCalibur VI Storyline Theory Thread

It will be interesting to see if Libra of Soul ends up being technically canonical in the way CotS is considered canon by some people. The general justification for CotS being canon is that the time period it takes place in is never disclosed and it could be considered a chain of events surrounding Soul Edge and Soul Calibur similarly to the canon events Algol and Zasalamel's backstories provide.
I dunno, it could, but the involvement of Geralt specifically throws things into a bit of a haze, if it is indeed canon, then we're actually merging The Witcher canon with SoulCalibur canon? That's far too convoluted, I think. Chronicles of the Sword is so ambiguous, I don't really know if it can be considered canon, and if it is, then the appearances of the SoulCalibur main cast in the various maps is problematic. And if you have to cherrypick bits and pieces of things to say this is canon and this isn't canon, then it's better off the whole thing just not being canon.

Grøh and Azwel seem far more involved in Libra of Soul than Soul Chronicle, and if Libra of Soul is non-canon and Soul Chronicle is canon, then it doesn't appear to me that there's much divergence at all, but it's undeniable that we are getting more details than we ever had before, and, most importantly, being shown those details, and not just told them in bios and art books.

"The mysterious Aval Organization was a secret group with origins rooted in ancient times. They say the group came to be when a king used the spirit sword to defeat its cursed counterpart, and with his dying breath, entrusted them with both the blade and his unfinished mission. Each new generation has taken on the group’s mission to rid the world of “Outsider” — those connected with the cursed sword."

I guess we'll see reference to Algol in groh's bits of story, since he's probably the king they're talking about. I'd like to see more people of this organization though. We see that Groh isnt just some random foot soldier but of some high influence. Is Azwel defect from the organization, or did he change it's M.O. and Groh is trying to fix it on his own??

"The mysterious Aval Organization was a secret group with origins rooted in ancient times. They say the group came to be when a king used the spirit sword to defeat its cursed counterpart, and with his dying breath, entrusted them with both the blade and his unfinished mission. Each new generation has taken on the group’s mission to rid the world of “Outsider” — those connected with the cursed sword."

I guess we'll see reference to Algol in groh's bits of story, since he's probably the king they're talking about. I'd like to see more people of this organization though. We see that Groh isnt just some random foot soldier but of some high influence. Is Azwel defect from the organization, or did he change it's M.O. and Groh is trying to fix it on his own??

Actually, now that I think about it, it's possible Aval isn't connected to Algol directly but instead cropped up later. In New Legends of Project Soul, it mentions a "Briton King" who was the second known person to wield Soul Calibur, gifted to him by a mysterious woman. It's pretty clear this king was none other than King Arthur. Aval might in fact be short for "Avalon," the island where King Arthur was taken to and supposedly still sleeps. Groh's weapon is even called "Arondight Replica," Arondight being the sword of Sir Lancelot. This lends itself to some expansion of the mythos while also keeping Algol as an unknown factor for now

Hmm interesting I think Edgemaster is one of the Guardians group that Zasalamel was once part of. It would explain why he's able to know so many different fighting styles.

Having played Nier: Automata and its side content containing a lot of android hunting on top of regular machine killing, I wouldn't be surprised if 2B's Soul Chronicle (assuming she gets one) is limited to fighting in the city ruins against other CaS androids and culminates in a final battle against Ivy.

Hmm interesting I think Edgemaster is one of the Guardians group that Zasalamel was once part of. It would explain why he's able to know so many different fighting styles.

Edgemaster had confirmed in SCV/New Legends of Project Soul a rivalry with Algol, back when he was still human. He also acquired the Kali Yuga, Dvapara Yuga and Soul Calibur (named Krita Yuga) and brought the treasures down to Ling Sheng Su (this is noted on SCVI).

I don't think he was one of the guardians though, just an exceptional, good hearted warrior that keeps on living.

Shame Project Soul couldn't dwell more onto him, I hope that he and Algol's backstories get inspected upon at some point even more so we can know how he came to know of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge's true nature, the rivalry with the Hero King and why he keeps on living.

Having played Nier: Automata and its side content containing a lot of android hunting on top of regular machine killing, I wouldn't be surprised if 2B's Soul Chronicle (assuming she gets one) is limited to fighting in the city ruins against other CaS androids and culminates in a final battle against Ivy.
Which would be better than not getting a soul chronicle at all.

Back