SoulCalibur VI Storyline Theory Thread

As far as I am concerned the first trailer could mean many things. It could just be referencing the games and we are just making a big deal out of them or it could also mean that Sophitia could see glimpses of the future but she doesn't really know what they could mean (and I am just saying that because it seems to be from her perspective). Though, to just call it a day she got so fucking drunk that she hallucinated everything that happened in the last game that she lost it in the ending and Mitsurugi is beating the crap out of her for stealing and drinking his sake.

One thing I want them to do for the story is just not ignore the past games. You can trivialize them, like MK9, which is why I just say just do some time travel crap. Just don’t erase or ignore them, and than call it VI, because than that’s not a sequel, that’s more of a remake.

I just don’t want them to look at the story of like 3 other games that I got so invested in and throw it in the garbage.

They could just ditch her rapier style and just have her use the orb style. The story reason they could use is when she was treating Raphael and while doing so got infected during the process she started to gain new powers from summoning an orb from thin air. Also, they could touch more on Amy's past since there isn't much we know about her. For example they could expand more on her birth parents and just say that one or both of them were able to wield magic. Somehow Soul Edge's influence just triggered her potential early. That way both Raphael and Amy can be in the game. Also, it can finally end the theory if Amy is Viola or not for good.
Or they could merge their stories together were the spaces were, and pretend she was always Viola in some way but never became that until she left Raphael. Like say, (fan-fic mode): Raphael found her with the orb or they attained the orb from someone and because amy was mute at the time, they could say that maybe the orb was taking part of her soul the longer she had it until she lost her memories. The orb that could be puppetting them like Soul Edge, could be the source of Raphael wanting to make a new world for themselves, from the will of the orb. They could have tried to separate from the Orb because it possessed Amy or something and within that time she could have learned to fence. Then the Orb would bring her back to it in some way. Maybe they separated after Raph became a vampire corrupted by Soul edge. They could write around it.

One thing I want them to do for the story is just not ignore the past games. You can trivialize them, like MK9, which is why I just say just do some time travel crap. Just don’t erase or ignore them, and than call it VI, because than that’s not a sequel, that’s more of a remake.

I just don’t want them to look at the story of like 3 other games that I got so invested in and throw it in the garbage.
I'd want them to reboot it, while still using the source material as a template but alter it as they said they would, but I wouldn't want them to acknowledge it in-game as time-travel, unless with the leeway that Zasamamel had some plan after Pyrrha reopened Astra Chaos or Soul Calibur did it because it failed to get Patroklos to do what it wanted or something to continue the plot from SCV but discontinue the events. Maybe I want them to write it like a reset or victory lap rather than a erasing reboot.

They have so much material in the past games universe, which includes The Art books, to help back up their cases and actually better develop their mistakes into something better, rather than erasing them.

I hope that they make everyone's story more centered around the swords this time. There are several characters who just need their motivations slightly changed.

As much as I want this I am pretty sure they will only focus on a handful of characters. I just hope it isn't to the point that some of the characters don't end up being spot light stealing hoarders.

It was so good seeing this trailer, although I was honestly expecting another character reveal. It looks like they're going to give us story board style cutscenes like SCV (with more color lol) mixed with vibrant character panels slightly reminiscent of SoulCalibur Legends, and finally at least SOME snipets of 3D rendered scenes. I like the mix as it keeps things visually interesting and allows them (hopefully this time) to pack way more story for all of the cast.

What story tidbit will you guys look out for? Personally I'd love to see more detail in Sophitia's recollection of her fight with Cervantes and being saved by Taki. As well as Ivy's point of view when working with Soul Edge.
Screenshot_20180615-235815.png
Screenshot_20180616-000006.png
Screenshot_20180615-235946.png
Screenshot_20180615-235834.png
Screenshot_20180615-235918.png
Screenshot_20180615-235852.png
Screenshot_20180616-000016.png

Can we also agree that this obviously confirmed Cerv? Kind of impossible to not include him at this point. We also see Lizardman/Aeon in those storyboards.

View attachment 49455

Can we also agree that this obviously confirmed Cerv? Kind of impossible to not include him at this point. We also see Lizardman/Aeon in those storyboards.
If you look at the top left image there is also a big guy standing behind aeon, ivy, and nightmare who is quite likely Astaroth especially when taking this image into account although I suppose it could be someone else. The image below though I took from amazon right after E3 (the image has since been removed) but that is definitely Astaroth. Talim is pretty much confirmed thanks to the producer of soulcalibur VI but she might not be a story character...she might be the expansion pass bonus character which could explain why they haven't revealed anything yet. Hopefully any added characters through the expansion pass will get a story mode as well because I cannot see it being worth 40 dollars with only 4 added characters and two create-a-soul packs)
81TA-ZoBdFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Here's two ridiculous theories:

I don't actually believe this is likely but what if Groh's father is an older time traveled Patroklos who went back in time to form an organization dedicated to destroying wielders of soul edge and ultimately soul edge itself?

What if the noble Raphael killed in his origins was actually Groh's father and we get to see this play out via the story mode.

Here's two ridiculous theories:

I don't actually believe this is likely but what if Groh's father is an older time traveled Patroklos who went back in time to form an organization dedicated to destroying wielders of soul edge and ultimately soul edge itself?

What if the noble Raphael killed in his origins was actually Groh's father and we get to see this play out via the story mode.

Whatever this wacky shit is, I'm here for it, also because I'm almost expecting a twist of these kinds of proportions in coordinance with the series being rebooted.

Zas and kilik appear to have some sort of dialogue. I believe zas may have something to do with kilik, X and maxi.
The dialogue is as follows;
Z: Well then, let us begin as planned
K: Are you sure? You asked for it.
I'm thinking zas has something to do with trying to take/destroy kali-yuga or use the Dvapara-Yuga to attempt to awaken soul calibur or to put soul edge into dormancy.

Taki also Appears to have a bone to pick with him.
T:Are you ready to die?
Z: So you are still floundering, mortal.

Zas and kilik appear to have some sort of dialogue. I believe zas may have something to do with kilik, X and maxi.
The dialogue is as follows;
Z: Well then, let us begin as planned
K: Are you sure? You asked for it.
I'm thinking zas has something to do with trying to take/destroy kali-yuga or use the Dvapara-Yuga to attempt to awaken soul calibur or to put soul edge into dormancy.

Taki also Appears to have a bone to pick with him.
T:Are you ready to die?
Z: So you are still floundering, mortal.
Umm... where are you getting this info.

Crazier theory: What if Groh is older than expected and a previous Zasalamel was his father?

Umm... where are you getting this info.

Crazier theory: What if Groh is older than expected and a previous Zasalamel was his father?
It's not actual info. Tbh idk why. I really spoilered it but ehhh. It's all speculation really.
Edit: I just feel like it is a likely thingto happen, so it seems plausible

Considering this is a theory thread (and I'm OP) I have no problem with expressing info this way. At this point it isn't wrong or right. Just speculation/theory.

I've got a theory based on two pieces of information:

1) Azwel's weapon is a "device" (according to the Japanese bio page, it's his gauntlets) that allows him to summon various magical weapons
2) On Steam one of the store tags is "Heist"

My theory is that part of the story arc to destroy the Soul Edge involves stealing Azwel's gauntlets.

By this point, there's no way you can deny that the timeline WILL diverge from what the original did. I just wonder how much it will and how soon?

It will be interesting to see if Libra of Soul ends up being technically canonical in the way CotS is considered canon by some people. The general justification for CotS being canon is that the time period it takes place in is never disclosed and it could be considered a chain of events surrounding Soul Edge and Soul Calibur similarly to the canon events Algol and Zasalamel's backstories provide.

I also wonder what they mean when they say "It'll cover the events of SCI and some of SCII"?

My guess is that there will be an interquel between the two games. Then in Soulcalibur VII they'll cover all of SCII, III and IV (but altered given the nature of the rebooted timeline). This sets the stage for the series to continue after SCIV, but not doing the time skip that led to SCV. Sounds logical.

Back