Soulcalibur VI Wishlist/Ideas for Ivy

Mage

I'll make you submit!
Hello once again my fellow Ivy enthusiasts, it's certainly been a long time, hasn't it?

Seeing as though a few other Soul Arenas have been trying threads like this to moderate effect, I thought I'd start one here for Ivy. Shouldn't be too difficult coming up with ideas to follow such a bland Ivy from Soulcalibur V, but share with me, what would you like to see in the next instalment of the series for Ivy?

Personally, I'm rather simple to please, I'd just like to return to being able to cycle through different sword states. The versatility and feeling of actually mastering and using a character to its full potential felt amazing with earlier iterations of Ivy, which I simply didn't feel with Soulcalibur V Ivy.

I'd also like to see a return to a more intuitive input for Ivy's command throws, it was pretty awful in V, not to mention you could no longer buffer it! I'd gladly take a damage trade-off if it meant I could use the grabs in my potential mix-ups by buffering it.

You could definitely buffer iCS in SC5
Not in the same way you could with previous inputs i.e. you had to do the final few inputs after the move which you're buffering through had ended. Wasn't complete buffering.

Hi Mage, certainly has been a while! Just wish more people still check these forums ever since Discord has become too popular.

Just came here to say I'm feeling hopeful for SC VI Ivy after seeing a lot of her moves from IV is present and SE is there. Looking back in the past series, she had defining mechanics that made her a blast to play.

SCIII: 66K>SE Shoulder ram into Serpents embrace with fast SS/CS mixups made her a close range brawler. WP CS was godly.
SCIV: Coil made her different across all Ivys. She actually have some decent moves that are great on block. SW 3B forces crouch. CL 4B is a mid drags opponent towards you.

Since this game is going back to the first Soul Calibur, it is likely she will get the SW/WP toggle she had from SCI-II.

Hi Mage, certainly has been a while! Just wish more people still check these forums ever since Discord has become too popular.

Just came here to say I'm feeling hopeful for SC VI Ivy after seeing a lot of her moves from IV is present and SE is there. Looking back in the past series, she had defining mechanics that made her a blast to play.

SCIII: 66K>SE Shoulder ram into Serpents embrace with fast SS/CS mixups made her a close range brawler. WP CS was godly.
SCIV: Coil made her different across all Ivys. She actually have some decent moves that are great on block. SW 3B forces crouch. CL 4B is a mid drags opponent towards you.

Since this game is going back to the first Soul Calibur, it is likely she will get the SW/WP toggle she had from SCI-II.

Davo--great to see you back on the forums! It's been a while!

Boy do I miss SC3's 66K~SE (frame advantage)... into all the mix ups from there. I'd like to see that return. I'm PRAYING that returns! I'd like to see a version of 3k and 3K return like in SC3. It was a great way to get players to stand up and be forced to deal with the command throws mix up. I'd like to see SC3's WP A+B~B return. The mix up of getting people to eat the unblockable was pretty much free, and the just frame to keep the SW in WP when it came rolling back was great because the people who'd charge in as the WP returned were walking into all kinds of trouble. Since SC2, I don't think Ivy has had an applicable GI. 4A+B lost it's bite after SC2 (if it is to return, I'd like to see it faster--strike grounded opponents--cause some damage), and in all the other iterations of the game, Christmas Tree was a straight way to lose because it left Ivy at negative infinity... SC4's 214K as a combo finisher would be nice too. The evasive properties of CL214B is a definite must have again. I'd like to see 44A from SC3 (or something like that) return as well. It was a good way to get people from side stepping.

As far as the important thing: the input for CS/SS needs to return to SC1-3--including the same buffer window. The white flash for iCS has to go. SS as a metered throw has to go. PLEASE developers DON'T make CS and SS cost meter! That would be dumb!

Other than that, I'm pretty amenable to what comes down the pike for Ivy (as long as CS and SS are in the game).

Davo--great to see you back on the forums! It's been a while!

Boy do I miss SC3's 66K~SE (frame advantage)... into all the mix ups from there. I'd like to see that return. I'm PRAYING that returns! I'd like to see a version of 3k and 3K return like in SC3. It was a great way to get players to stand up and be forced to deal with the command throws mix up. I'd like to see SC3's WP A+B~B return. The mix up of getting people to eat the unblockable was pretty much free, and the just frame to keep the SW in WP when it came rolling back was great because the people who'd charge in as the WP returned were walking into all kinds of trouble. Since SC2, I don't think Ivy has had an applicable GI. 4A+B lost it's bite after SC2 (if it is to return, I'd like to see it faster--strike grounded opponents--cause some damage), and in all the other iterations of the game, Christmas Tree was a straight way to lose because it left Ivy at negative infinity... SC4's 214K as a combo finisher would be nice too. The evasive properties of CL214B is a definite must have again. I'd like to see 44A from SC3 (or something like that) return as well. It was a good way to get people from side stepping.

As far as the important thing: the input for CS/SS needs to return to SC1-3--including the same buffer window. The white flash for iCS has to go. SS as a metered throw has to go. PLEASE developers DON'T make CS and SS cost meter! That would be dumb!

Other than that, I'm pretty amenable to what comes down the pike for Ivy (as long as CS and SS are in the game).
Ohhh shit. Look who's back from the dead. What's good man?
And don't worry about the meter thing. No BEs in this game. Only things that seem to cost meter in this game are CEs and Soul Charge

Back