SoulCast #28: The WerewolfCast

What the hell is ZWEI supposed to mean, anyway? For that matter, what's an EIN? Oh, who cares; he's a wolf and that's all that matters because wolves are badass. Especially ones that float on effervescent clouds or... stuff. Or at least I think it's effervescent. It's hard to tell with all the moving around. What I'm getting at is that there's a lot of weird going on. But the good weird, the kind of weird we're into.

With that, I brought on Zane (and for a short period, AndyrooxDS) to walk us through the double-trouble team. Enjoy!

Although you'll find out when you listen, there were some technical issues that, unfortunately, cut AndyrooxDS's time on the episode pretty short. But, I wanted to mention it because he contributed a great deal to the conversation that didn't get recorded and deserves a bunch of credit.

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kitaenjacks?feature=watch
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VGFed
facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Video-Gaming-Federation-VGF/167768476578566
Buzzsprout page (for audio file stream/download):http://www.buzzsprout.com/3308/96008-soulcast-28-zwei.mp3
8wayrun thread: http://8wayrun.com/threads/a-soul-calibur-podcast-soulcast.12186/
VGF site: http://www.videogamingfederation.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
How is 66A+B Broken?

It was part sarcasm in the podcast lol. But 66A+B is one of Zwei's best moves. Great for guard breaking, setups, Ein will help put Zwei at +5 if it's guarded, does good dmg when it connects (like 66A+B, 4A+B gives 90dmg), etc. ^^

*Oh yea, was 66B+K mentioned? Can't remember... But I think it's an underated move for getting out of being pressured and having a small moment to breathe. Or maybe it's just me, for personally having a fondness for that move lol.

66B+K

This move is interesting. First of all, vert unsafe on block and whiff.
This move will always jump over your oppenent if they are moving forward in anyway if they are withen range. If they are not withen range you will flip and land in front Whiffing.

4A~ -> 66B+K -> Ein = Effective way to cover yourself if you use this move.
B+K BE -> 66B+K -> same as above but leaves A button free.

This move is good for Bursting Guard as well. This move is a TJ and is very effective vs Low attacks. Has clean hit. Can be used in some combos and juggles for changing ring position. This is one of the most effective ring position tools in the game, since it has a higher likely hood of jumping over someone much like cerventes 9B+K~, but instead of cerventes Damage and safty you gain a higher chance of jumping over the opponent because this move jumps further.

overall a good move if used smart.

4B = i17
Throws = i17

on the 1p side it becomes hard to tell when 4B is used because he is left handed and keeps his back to the camera on the 1P side. Your strong side is 1B side ;).

6A+B Auto GI vs Airborn for

When your foe is in the air and uses an attack that hits mid, as long as they are withen range then you will recieve a GI on an airborn foe and then they will be Flip stunned, then En will hit them further away

6A+B (ab) foe -> 1A = In most instances this pushes so far back that most of the cast cannot not punnish this. This is a good way to bDMG to peoples guard meter.

11K RCC

There is a Recover Crouch cancel possible off of 11K. Its good, and its fun to use.

GI then UB
Distance Dependent

In summary, Zwei is a character heavily dependent on the player's reads and predictions. His tools do not allow him to be as much of a "button mashing" character as others.

His main strenghts are GB damage, set ups, and overall damage; however, they each come with a trade off. For instance, all his GB moves, with the exception of 66A+B, have a loophole which the SCV roster can exploit. This applies to his set ups as well. His damage, though it can be extended, gets affected by the scaling, reducing it to a large margin.

To list the main weaknesses, speed, stepping, and range would come in first. Nevertheless, by making good reads, as mentioned above, these weaknesses can be compensated for.

Zwei is not a low-tier character, but by no means is he top-tier either. He is found to be somewhere in between the middle. It all comes down to the how/when his tools are applied. A zoning playstyle will not be as effective on a slow character with massive range than on a fast character with little reach.

Concluding this, like all other characters, Zwei has a great potential, and as such he has the tools to prove that so. The only difference is that his tools are much harder to apply, and therefore they cannot be tossed unconsciously, but they are of great effect... when used correctly.

-Zane

I haven't actually listened to the podcast, but I'm interested since I want to see ZWEI used more. Main reason I'm posting is to thank whoever changed the home page image of this post.

Reactions: Egg
I haven't actually listened to the podcast, but I'm interested since I want to see ZWEI used more. Main reason I'm posting is to thank whoever changed the home page image of this post.

Probably Jaxel. Pretty sure I piss him off with my selections, lol

His main strenghts are GB damage, set ups, and overall damage; however, they each come with a trade off. For instance, all his GB moves, with the exception of 66A+B, have a loophole which the SCV roster can exploit. This applies to his set ups as well. His damage, though it can be extended, gets affected by the scaling, reducing it to a large margin.[/quote]

I disagree with this "trade off" concept. I dont know what "Loophole" means in this instance.

I disagree with this "trade off" concept. I dont know what "Loophole" means in this instance.
then you obviously haven't been paying attention to when Pyrrha stabs through your 1(B) and aGIs your 4(A) and (B)

I still disagree. The explanation of the trade off is misleading.

You lack The ability to punnish on guard, heavily..
A+B / \ 3B = i19 (requires whiff or JG).

Your trade off is

66A+B on block
4A~ on hit (unsafe on block)
1B~ on grounded / Combo or short ranged foes (on hit or block is unsafe vs some(

Allows you to build and keep momentum. or hit with a mixup.

building and keeping momentum = Guard BUrst damage, Meter Gain,

Hitting with 4A~ unless someone takes a chance against you and attempts a 2A or a Counter hit which you can release Ein in that instance. Well then if they just guard you can

4A~ BB Ein BB = Ths will either combo or be blocked. Finnal B can whiff depending on distance. BB= 6% guard damage Ein = 3% guard damage
4A~ on hit > 6% + 3% + 6% = 15% guard damage. You can mix this up if you wish. Sometimes a good idea to do that since people like to GI Ein. If you change his timing by releasing him early or cancling him ins nother option. It all depends on how you want to approach it.

Zwei is a walking 50/50. Which makes him solid mid tier. He is entirly based on how the player uses his setups. He is very reminisant of Ivy from SC3 but instead of having the SS/CS game he Has zasalemels Guard Burst Game from Soul Calibur 4.

@Zane: Obviously you havn't been stabbed after someone blocked 4B.

That does not explain what you said...
...what? dude read the freaking reply. Do I need to spell it out for you?
with the exception of 66A+B, each come with a trade off
For every Ein attack = Ein can be a aGIed, ducked, or stepped, which results in punish
then you obviously haven't been paying attention to when Pyrrha stabs through your 1(B) and aGIs your 4(A) and (B)

For every high damage combo = it needs to be on NH otherwise CH scaling will kick in
His damage, though it can be extended, gets affected by the scaling

For every set up = there's always a way to stop it
a loophole which the SCV roster can exploit
Pretty sure he's using "loophole" as a synonym for "weakness."
I disagree with this "trade off" concep.
Right. So there are no trade offs then. Every move Zwei does is completely safe, has invincibility frames, and there's nothing anybody can do to avoid it but just sit there and eat Ein.
That does not explain what you said...
Read all of the above ^

I still disagree. The explanation of the trade off is misleading.

You lack The ability to punnish on guard, heavily..
A+B / \ 3B = i19 (requires whiff or JG).

Your trade off is

66A+B on block
4A~ on hit (unsafe on block)
1B~ on grounded / Combo or short ranged foes (on hit or block is unsafe vs some(

Allows you to build and keep momentum. or hit with a mixup.

building and keeping momentum = Guard BUrst damage, Meter Gain,

Hitting with 4A~ unless someone takes a chance against you and attempts a 2A or a Counter hit which you can release Ein in that instance. Well then if they just guard you can

4A~ BB Ein BB = Ths will either combo or be blocked. Finnal B can whiff depending on distance. BB= 6% guard damage Ein = 3% guard damage
4A~ on hit > 6% + 3% + 6% = 15% guard damage. You can mix this up if you wish. Sometimes a good idea to do that since people like to GI Ein. If you change his timing by releasing him early or cancling him ins nother option. It all depends on how you want to approach it.

Zwei is a walking 50/50. Which makes him solid mid tier. He is entirly based on how the player uses his setups. He is very reminisant of Ivy from SC3 but instead of having the SS/CS game he Has zasalemels Guard Burst Game from Soul Calibur 4.

@Zane: Obviously you havn't been stabbed after someone blocked 4B.
I'm not going to argue with you dude. I can easily nullify all you just said above with solid proof
Zwei is a walking 50/50
ESPECIALLY this ^

but at the end results speak for themselves.

I'm not going to argue with you dude. I can easily nullify all you just said above with solid proof

ESPECIALLY this ^

but at the end results speak for themselves.

then we have nothing further to discuss.

Live streams

4 Viewers
VitaminDCosplay
VitaminDCosplay
Wednesday Night Weebs (RADIO)
1 Viewers
xomegathedeityx
xomegathedeityx
relaxing with games while on break from the lab

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)