[Southern California] Kings Of the Ant Hill

Shout outs to everyone who showed up yesterday. Your continued precense makes these tournemetns possible!

1st NoFaceKilla (NM)
2nd King Salmon (Viola, Mitsu)
3rd Signia (Yoshi, Mitsu)

Bracket is here: http://challonge.com/sdscv7
Archive is here: http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle/b/313642860

On a personal note, I am due for surgery this week so I will be taking some time off from the community. I will try to continue posting results and tournament notices, but realistically Commando will probably be doing these instead.

Also if people want to post future tourney announcements in the future on other forums like SRK, feel free to do so just copy the pertinent info and link them to the 8WR thread.

For the people that lurk on these forums and dont come to the sunday tournaments, what can we do to make you guys come down and play? I had hope we would have a consistent 20+ tournaments but now we are down to 15-18 a week and I know there are more people that play this game but dont go out to the tournaments. What can we do to have you guys come down??

For those of you that don't show up because you're having difficulty learning the game or you don't think you'll succeed...I'll be doing 1 on 1 training sessions next week during casuals. Just let me know where you're at with the game and I'll do everything I can to help you get to the next level.

Anyway, we have MLG and EVO coming up, so let's get some practice in! We really need more people to show up to these sunday tournaments.

I would love to go, but I really do need a ride. I can't really count on my friend that drives me there. He plays SFxT, while I'm there for the casuals. And dammit, Aqua was there, I can't get enough of that Maxi.
I'm learning Yoshi. Well if it helps, Noface, you can teach me basic counter strategies. I have trouble because I have no matchup knowledge.

I want to go. Just haven't been feeling well for the last 6 weeks (yes, SIX). Since next week is cancelled, I'll have a total of 2 months from when I last went to Super (I got sick right after). I've been waiting to try out some of this new 1.02 tech against some real people and not just computers and online people.

full-time student makes it hard...
very full-time job makes it worse...
lack of a stick... (I hate... HATE ps3 pads and the TE sticks with a burning passion!)
lack of interest... tournaments are so... formal.

Plus I don't really care for the stream, or rather the effects of being streamed.
Not that I really care if people see what I'm doing... but rather if I lose, it'll make me want to play more to rectify my loss; all of which is very undesirable because I don't want to care about the game to that extent.

Right now I'm in a pretty good place... I can beat Adam easily!
Hahaha!!
*ahem*
*whistles*

Just FYI, Watson has said that if these weeklies are getting <16 people, he will stop running them. I'm definitely part of the problem since I haven't shown up to every one, but I'll be attending more of these, and I hope you guys can too.

Also - EVO registration has started. If you guys don't want to play each other first round, you should sign up with the SAME zip code, as that's the only way they seed players other than the Evo seeding points. They don't separate by region, so two Socal players with different zips could play each other first round. I saw it happen to others last year, and it happened to me as well.

good, im glad more people will be showing up to the tourneys, I am trying to figure out how I could possibly hold monthly tourneys as well, but still need a decent venue

btw im holding a meet this thursday starting at 7pm and going all night long, pm me if u need the info, and plz shower before coming down, or at least wash ur feet as I have a no shoes policy at the door

Have we ever considered doing bi-weekly tournaments instead of weeklies? Personally, I feel like it is a bit excessive to have tournaments every week. Takes away from the spectacle of it all and gets turned into a grind.

Have we ever considered doing bi-weekly tournaments instead of weeklies? Personally, I feel like it is a bit excessive to have tournaments every week. Takes away from the spectacle of it all and gets turned into a grind.
Yeah we suggested that to binkley last week.

Back