[Southern California] Kings Of the Ant Hill

So... it turns out tougeki is a first to 1 tournament this year (yup first to 1 for soul)... and you cant use your own pad or stick. >:) this is sooo gonna be interesting. Also it takes place in narita japan, which is pretty far away from most things and its outside O_O It kinda looks like the japanese woodstock if you can find the trailers for it. Tons of people randomly dancing outside. A big change of pace. Like its in a grass field O_O, not in tokyo convention center like it usually is. So this year it went from a single elim 2 matches random tourney to a first to 1 More random tourney. Marvel is first to 2 though so that may have more solid results. All in all...gonna be interesting. Ill be trying the last chance qual though. Japan random tourney HYYYYPPPPEEEEE!

Another update, it seems alot of people are dropping their respective games and playing SC5 seriously. Like the Osaka crew has alot of people who dropped tekken for SC5, another group of folks dropped VF5 and SF4 to pick up SC5 seriously. Its a great anti-thesis to america, and the game is really fun to play at that level here. Ill try to record as many matches as I can, there is gonna be another big meet up august 5th. If the wifi allows it ill be posting the vids up.

Also the biggest game here is Gundam Extreme VS. That game is tight. If anyone need and japanese games that I may be able to assist with let me know. They got so many special japan only editions and Final Mixes that Im school girl giddy but also sad that I can read or understand enough of the language to play them or that I have a region locked PS2. Also its my birf day here soooo time to take like a fish to water... fire water... :)

I was on SRK and saw that REV didn't have SCV so I posted about it and they said they may add it to the official roster, I'll try and keep you guys posted. The tourney will be in Santa monica on the 17th, that isn't a whole lot of time to add a game and then promote it. If they do add it how many people are thinking of attending?

I was on SRK and saw that REV didn't have SCV so I posted about it and they said they may add it to the official roster, I'll try and keep you guys posted. The tourney will be in Santa monica on the 17th, that isn't a whole lot of time to add a game and then promote it. If they do add it how many people are thinking of attending?

I always try to support the local community so I'm in...

What up home team, Japanese Salmon here. I am going to be on a JP SC community stream on Thursday @ 19:00 jpt or 3am PST. If you are up give it a watch. Ill post the stream link up as soon as i get the link. Man I got all of my tech catches JG'd out here. I didnt even know you could JG tech catches but apparently you can JG all of them. O_O TIGHT!!!! There are alot of fun things to do in this game. I hope we can get some solid games once i get back. Also the nightmares and hildes out here are really scary. I have no idea why we dont play the spacing characters as much over here, the spacing and damage output is really good. Also for them they get together and just have a blast playing and cracking jokes. Really relaxed and everyones having too much fun. We need to level up in america. These dudes here arent playing skill wise. I got bopped hard by a nightmare out here. Ive never whiffed that much at 0 range. Just being real I like the mentality here, no ones trying to go pro just be the best and everyone takes pride in improving. Ill try not to get beasted upon on thursday. (^_^);

Man I got all of my tech catches JG'd out here. I didnt even know you could JG tech catches but apparently you can JG all of them. O_O TIGHT!!!!
wait what?? when you tech, don't you have to press G? And you'd have to release and tap G right after you hit G to tech... you wouldn't be able to hold G long enough for it to not trigger the cooldown...
<training mode>
Didn't believe it until I tried like 30 times. That is fucking hard. Also really dumb. You can even mash G for the tech and it won't trigger the JG cooldown.

Back