[Southern California] Kings Of the Ant Hill

What up SoCal! Let me level with you all that read this. We haven't had meetups in a minute. We post more online than show up and play, and yes we go to 1337 Lounge but we don't show up if there is no stream. Overall conclusion, we got mad weak and that is sad. Yeah we can do decent at a tournaments, but there is no conceivable reason why we shouldn't be the strongest region in not only America but the world. Right now we have a spot (though we don't deserve it) at SCR which you all need to register for ASAP, and Super Arcade is continuing to roll out the red carpet for us to have meet ups that are not at people houses. Right now we have the option to show up to WNF and have a gathering with casuals along with a side tournament if we actually get a decent number of players that show up. If you don't have a car get a ride and due to obligations I cannot help on Tuesday. We have a streamed meetup on February 7th but we have the ability to have matches every Friday and work on our overall game on... ON EVERY FRIDAY. The old heads from Calibur 2 are all coming out of retirement, but all the "New/Younger" players are looking mad suspect and non existent. Like seeing folks claim SoCal and no one sees them or knows of them outside of a major event, and even on that a lot claim to show up but cancel all the time. We need to get ready to do well in whatever caliber that we are playing. I would recommend that we show up to WNF and try to play. And also show up this Friday and take the game that we like seriously and get ready to defend the house for Southern California Regionals.

TLDR; The old guard wants you all to stop sucking and getting better at games, that would involve us all to stop being hermits and get out of our houses and show up to offline tournaments and meetups, which may be over a WHOOPING 30 minutes away, have some pride in your level of play and level up and don't rely on someone else to defend your house... do it yourself. Hopefully I will see more of you tonight or Friday.

-Old Man with his pitchfork

So if we can have meetups on every friday, what time would it be starting?

We have had meetups there every Friday, just a few show up but its been consistant. I usually show up around 9 and stay super late till like 2 or 3am. But its every week. They have SC2 and SC5, you just have to show up and play. No excuses on why you cant make it.
*Warning* The arcade may not be around for much longer... so show up ASAP till our event and keep playing after our event. We cant let this happen in our hood on our watch.

We have had meetups there every Friday, just a few show up but its been consistant. I usually show up around 9 and stay super late till like 2 or 3am. But its every week. They have SC2 and SC5, you just have to show up and play. No excuses on why you cant make it.
*Warning* The arcade may not be around for much longer... so show up ASAP till our event and keep playing after our event. We cant let this happen in our hood on our watch.

You mean Super Arcade right? I have been out of touch for a long time with ya guys, sry bout that but I'll be there

yeah its been awhile too. I've been super busy but things are calming down a bit now that the holiday season is over. Glad to see Tomahawk still passionate with the game/community/competition. Honestly, I'm just in it mostly for some SC fun and community.

Anyway, I can go at Friday meetings but not WNF unfortunately. I'll probably be there at 8 or so.

see ya guys tonight. (Still have to sign up for SCR.)

So it's WNF? not sure where that is tho, barely got home xD are ppl still showing up?

Last edited:
Two things:

1) With the exception of this week, we still run tournaments at WNF assuming people show up. I post up in the fb group whether or not there will be a tournament and I will try to remember to post here in the future, but the default is "we're having a tournament" and I only post up if there WILL NOT be a tournament.

2) Tonight is SC night at Super Arcade with SC2HD and SCV tournaments.

8PM Start
SCII: $5.00
SCV: $5.00
Venue (paid once): $5.00

All games on PS3.

Show up and prove to people we have a community! I think some random person at WNF called us "below anime".... XD

Yo, would SoCal be willing to tag-team with NorCal again to do a side tourney for SC2 HD and SC5 at Evo this year? Neither I nor anyone else has anything planned yet as far as I know, but I figured I'd ask.

I'm down for the task as a lot of games will be side tourney status. Also if you need rides to Super post up. My car is full but if you need help speak up now so you might get a ride. Note this is for those with no car... not the lazy bastards that don't feel like driving. Lets go and show some support! see you all tonight!

It's Wednesday so there's another SC2HD tourney at Super Arcade tonight for those who are interested. I'll be there around 8pm with a station and the tourney should start by 10pm.

Yo, would SoCal be willing to tag-team with NorCal again to do a side tourney for SC2 HD and SC5 at Evo this year? Neither I nor anyone else has anything planned yet as far as I know, but I figured I'd ask.

I'll be down to go to EVO just for the side tourney if there is something in progress on the works. And I can finally bring me ps3 just in case more setups are needed.

We still playing at Super every Friday and now Wednesday during WNF. Since you left BlueboyB has taken the reigns as the new beast. Signia fell off the face of the earth. SCR is around the corner so sign up for that. Jimbonator wants to take our money so he is flying here. And Im old... Also there will be the Japanese player P-Shin at SCR to play SC.

Back