Spellcrafts: OCs, Alts, and More (2/19: Maelys, Righteous Heir Revamp)

Liking what I have so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ardent

[08] Mercenary
You know Quill, i was actually waiting to see if you started to mess with your characters flashbacks. Out of all their backstories, XIII's intrigued me the most, his loyalty to the Order as a cold-blooded assassin but with snipets of goodness within him was what piqued my interest.
That, and i LOVE his design as a member of the antagonists's organization, the detail i'm really fond of is Raphy's cape. A very practical choice as it helps XIII to conceal his weapons when in plain sight. But, this is a fighting game, not Assassin's Creed haha, so you chose it to add some flair to him (i guess?)
Anyhow, great work my friend! :D

SpellcraftQuill

[14] Master
Thanks. I had one for Jairus, but I might remake it for his alt since his fighting style is still going to be Raph’s.

I have doubts about using many of the same items (Leather Wrap and Raph’s cape come to mind) but I feel they may help to establish a fashion style popular within the world my customs come from. I feel it’s going to be more Ezio-era than plain medieval, but after an apocalypse. I may also want to do a codex like the Museum has to help me with notes for the series.

Most of my main CaS are more story based than artistic, but I’ll repost their modified designs when the DLC hits. Lucia is the one I’m most concerned about since her lower body doesn’t feel right.

I almost want to start a Discord or something for those actually interested in what my CaS are all about with Kingsbane.

I really appreciate your support of my custom characters, but feel like I’m burning out.

Also, try not to get too attached, as I imagine lots of my characters dying in the series.

Also expect generics and posthumous characters.

brucege

[14] Master
Oh wow...these younger versions of your main cast are badass. I love how they're all a bit more naive looking and wear fancier armor. Before they're crushed by the weight of the world.

Ardent

[08] Mercenary
I love both designs but..ahem...i tend towards his first one, the belt theme suits him much better. Um, if you don't mind me asking though, would it be possible to steal your alternate design for XIII? Credit's all yours of course and i'll add stuff of my own too, it gave me an idea for an OC.😅

VILARCANE

[14] Master
I love both designs but..ahem...i tend towards his first one, the belt theme suits him much better. Um, if you don't mind me asking though, would it be possible to steal your alternate design for XIII? Credit's all yours of course and i'll add stuff of my own too, it gave me an idea for an OC.😅
Dat glowing sword pic tho, great shot...
You should start your own thread Ardent :)

SpellcraftQuill

[14] Master
You probably learned a lot and have good insight, @Ardent. I’d suggest you start with a basic silhouette of your character, rest on it, and then build on with the extras to spice up your character. Feel honored I inspired you with the custom top. Means a lot, but that’s probably my crippling self-esteem/depression talking.

I just did a quickie of a custom Sophitia, but with a more accurate (and admittedly attractive) skin tone...
D3E81368-09F4-494C-A455-5DB54736C028.jpeg

What can I say? I flip flop between her and Mi-Na as best girl, but I prefer the former’s personality more than anything. An olive skin tone and dark hair does wonders, even if it’s just Female Face 1 dressed as Sophie.

With XIII, I went back to the Centurion. The Voldo gear is only for the arm belts and bracers.

Last edited:

Ardent

[08] Mercenary
I’d suggest you start with a basic silhouette of your character, rest on it, and then build on with the extras to spice up your character.
I see. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!😁

Regarding Sophie and us Greeks, we ain't full white and blonde as the Japanese present us, there's this "western people" stereotype behind this (kinda like how SNK designed Terry Bogard in Fatal Fury, they based him on how a stereotypical American looked like for them back in the 90's). Most of us are actually brown or black-haired, with a bit of natural tan. 😄

SpellcraftQuill

[14] Master
Trying a new style of post...
1543724926096.png
1543724979067.png

Gaea once ruled as one of the Eleven, but came to love humanity as opposed to others of her kind. Once revered by her protectorate of Navarre as a goddess, her name is now grated as rumors state her actions led to part of Navarre’s fall to anarchy. Only the Dracon-Maidens are left to honor her as their founder. Gaea long sought to bridge the the gap between mankind and those of Dragonsblood. She believed the latter were to be saviors, not tyrants. Now that her land is ruin, foul creatures have struck her homeland. The collapse of Navarre has brought forth an even greater madness...
1543725219004.png

Inspiration: Flemeth, Regina Mills, Catelyn Stark
291B7853-B79A-4D26-B223-3E1C2B602546.jpeg

Last edited:

Ardent

[08] Mercenary
Trying a new style of post...
View attachment 55926View attachment 55927
Gaea once ruled as one of the Eleven, but came to love humanity as opposed to others of her kind. Once revered by her protectorate of Navarre as a goddess, her name is now grated as rumors state her actions led to part of Navarre’s fall to anarchy. Only the Dracon-Maidens are left to honor her as their founder. Gaea long sought to bridge the the gap between mankind and those of Dragonsblood. She believed the latter were to be saviors, not tyrants. Now that her land is ruin, foul creatures have struck her homeland. The collapse of Navarre has brought forth an even greater madness...
View attachment 55928
Inspiration: Flemeth, Regina Mills, Catelyn Stark
View attachment 55929
Ooh, i like this kind of format/style, all tidied up and collected, very nice! Regarding Gaea, is she considered a straight-up villainess or more like, a morally ambiguous character? Her awesome backstory has me wondering a bit haha😅 (no offense)