Stars Of Chaos - Moves Discussion

UntoldProphecy8

[08] Mercenary
Ok I'm not sure if I'm late or anything. But I've found a way to hit Nightmare out of his CE with 6B+K and 2B+K. Well it turns out that when you do either move you can change the way the orb hits by simply doing a grab on whiff. It turns the orb into a grab animation thus hitting Nightmare out of the CE and allows Viola to begin her pressure again. I always knew that the grab could change the orbs properties but never thought it was useful. It also works against Dampierre as well. And it can also be done with other moves like B+K BE. I am so in love with Viola ATM. I have got this off on numerous Nightmares and Dampierre in acual gameplay.

Here is an example

This Thread if solely for discussing Viola's moves, not necessarily combos but how to implement and use.

To get the ball rolling
General uses

6B+K any appropriate filler 3A_3k etc, as soon as the 6B+K connects, press B+K BE then voila a nice big launch combo.

44ABE when this connects, if you don't want to do the 6B+K 6B combo cause your feeling a bit flash, on second hit B+K BE will launch and guess what, big air combo.

Also it can be used in conjunction with 6AB, which imo seems to catch side steppers and if you do happen to catch them while they are, you can use B+K BE to launch.

Set 4A+B, if first hit connects, you can use B+K BE on second hit to launch

Bit more ridiculous uses but might as well list.

CE, as long as it hits B+K BE will connect for launch

B+K BE, lol guess what you can B+K BE again, what happens is when you use B+K BE, it seems to jump back a step or so which means if blocked, the second one will also force them to block or be launched, and if it hits you can add to the combo, but it's not necessarily efficient use of meter.

This is a very awkward one to get down, but if you have time on your hands might as well give it a go, 66K BE(full charge) or 2A+B (full charge), into B+K BE, what happens because the 2A+B (full charge) somehow makes the opponent hover just above the ground for about 21 frames in relation to viola recovery, so you can use 66B if you want and 2B+K BE, or you can use B+K BE which is very awkward and particular, but like I said if you want something to try, give it a go. However this will launch to the height which 3B achieves.

Only if you think your value as a human being is dictated by how many different moves you can use in a round, lol.

Though I understand 6A,B can convert into B+K BE loops so I suppose if you use 6AA enough some eejit might duck. :/

High/low mixups OP. I guess it might work as an interrupt if the opponent likes to do stuff like iWR B under 6AB's 2nd hit, but they can just as easily block 6AA and WR B it anyways.

I do find it fairly amusing that this character was meant to reward indepth knowledge of her moveset and creative use of it yet she ended up being dumbed down to the point of being centered entirely around getting off successful 6B+Ks, getting rid of the orb so she can use 6B+K, and pokes so she doesn't get interrupted during 6B+K.

High/low mixups OP. I guess it might work as an interrupt if the opponent likes to do stuff like iWR B under 6AB's 2nd hit, but they can just as easily block 6AA and WR B it anyways.

I do find it fairly amusing that this character was meant to reward indepth knowledge of her moveset and creative use of it yet she ended up being dumbed down to the point of being centered entirely around getting off successful 6B+Ks, getting rid of the orb so she can use 6B+K, and pokes so she doesn't get interrupted during 6B+K.
Sad but true. The creativity is not real anymoreT.T

Back