Steam Search Terms: "Soul Calibur" = No Results /// "SoulCalibur" = Successful Results

MichaelJackson

[14] Master
This was brought up the day it hit Steam, but this issue has still not been addressed. The Steam search terms associated with SC6's release need to be expanded to include "Soul Calibur" as many fans don't realize it is one word.

Soul Calibur = no hits on Steam
2.PNG

Soulcalibur = positive results
1.PNG

This needs to be fixed very soon or it will have a very negative impact on sales.

Put your "WELL AKCHUALLY" technical correctness aside and just know that with proper search terms this game will have more exposure, and therefore more sales.

This was brought up the day it hit Steam, but this issue has still not been addressed. The Steam search terms associated with SC6's release need to be expanded to include "Soul Calibur" as many fans don't realize it is one word.

Soul Calibur = no hits on Steam
View attachment 51098

Soulcalibur = positive results
View attachment 51099

This needs to be fixed very soon or it will have a very negative impact on sales.

Put your "WELL AKCHUALLY" technical correctness aside and just know that with proper search terms this game will have more exposure, and therefore more sales.
I agree with you. What a bunch of bs. This game needs all the exposure it can possibly get. Not to mention this sounds like an easy fix. Would be nice if they fixed that.

This is what I got when I suggested updating the search terms:

View attachment 51121
That's such a BS, templated response. Steam needs to change their search engine. It has to be smarter than that, whatever algorithms or methods it uses, to ignore an extra space.

Makes me think of this game called "Dark" and if you search "Dark", the game called "Dark" doesn't show in the first 4 pages (I stopped looking after that. And yes, it exists!). I wonder if Christel would give me the same auto-response if I asked about that. "Blame the publisher for how they display their game title." Ughh...

I think they just give config to the publisher to fill what they want their game to match for. Then it only makes sense that Steam can't alter the filters.

Back