Stories from the Internets!!!

K0rN_b4LL

[14] Master
So I know we all have had a bunch of moments where something truly epic and incredible or idiotic and face palm inducing. Stories that either restored some tiny bit of your faith in humanity, or destroyed it to the point where you just can't live on this planet anymore. I thought that we could all share some of the more interesting moments from our time in the digital world. For example, I was over on IGN (shut up) looking at an article about one of the skins for the new Batman Arkham Origins game when I saw this comment-

I cancelled my Pre-order for AC:4 yesterday because of the harpooning

o_O

I mean what the hell? The comment was as random as you could get. The article had nothing at all about that game and he wasn't replying to anything. So naturally I had to give an appropriate response-

Down hippie. It's not like killing a pixelated image will actually hurt any real world animals. Besides, you can kill animals in lots of games (AC3, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, etc.) so what's the big deal about adding whales to the mix?

He responded with-

For a start i never played Far cry 3 or Skyrim and for second i only ever killed the animals in AC3 in the tutorial

I didn't see it for a few days but after consuming a bit of alcohol I replied as thus-

Dude if you only killed them in the tutorial then you just weren't playing the game properly. Selling animal parts is the easiest way to make money in that game, without learning the crazy trade system that is. Every time I went into the forests I became the harbinger of the Bambipocalypse!!!

And you know something? I like animals in real life, I really do. Dogs and cats and anything that isn't actively trying to eat me or poison me (snakes and crap like that) I'm all for. I don't like whaling in real life, and I especially don't like hunting. Though to be honest that last one is mainly due to the fact that I don't like the cold or getting up in the morning. Eff dat. And despite those things I still have no problem with whaling in a video game. You know why? BECAUSE IT ISN"T REAL!!! I guarantee you that there wasn't one single damned actual whale that was harmed in the making of this game. They didn't go out into the ocean, capture a whale in a giant freaking net, cover it in mocap balls, and then release it so they could kill it and record the realistic movements of a whale as it breathes it's last breath. You aren't saving any innocent creatures by not playing the game, and you sure as hell aren't gonna convince anyone you are a caring gentle soul by doing so either. Honestly it just makes you come off as kind of a tool. (Btw, I hear PETA is hiring in their PR department. I think they need all the help they can get in that area these days.) So ya know what? You can just sit there in your little douche bag hipster chair, typing away at your little douche bag hipster computer with your little douche bag hipster fingers, and be content and sound of mind with the knowledge that you haven't accomplished A GOD DAMN F@CKING THING!!! you wanna actually make a difference? Get off your ass, head out to the pacific and join the Sea Shepard crew c*ck block the Japanese whaling fleet or something. I mean seriously look at what those guys are doing. I personally think they are a bunch of self-righteous nut jobs but I give them serious props for having the stones to go do what they do. I mean heading out into the middle of the biggest ocean on the planet with no official support, no backup, no weapons, and risking your life by pissing off a bunch of people who would only be too happy to see you and your ship maybe "accidentally" capsize and sink is crazy, insane, and brave as sh*t. So you think about what guys like that are doing while you sit there thinking about how you are helping the whales by not playing a freaking video game. Thanks for listening and I hope you have a wonderful douche bag hipster day.

I'm still waiting for the response. :p

Last edited:
Never-Go-Full-Retard.jpg

Unfortunately, a greater portion of the internet has.

Well I've had erotic fanfiction written about me that was pretty descriptive, by someone that I didn't know.

Still don't know them.

Lol. This One Time I Derailed A Thread By Following The Thread Rules. As My Friend Here Would Say:

deadpool+thinks+thats+awesome.jpg

And I Would Have To Agree.

Back