Strategy/Playstyle Discussion + general Q&A

Just a quick question on 33B into the B+K grab, I can do his 66B,A+K fine but I can't get 33B,B+K to work, any ideas on what to do?

Yea you need to do it as 33B6, B+K. Otherwise you can end up with Nightmare standing there with his sword up his ass waiting to get hit on wake up.

Hey, I didn't know that you all were having a "how do you beat Apprentice" discussion. As soon as I found out, I made this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7i6YFlK9LU

Let me know if you have any questions.

The throw hitbox issue is VERY nice to know. I knew some characters, like Voldo, have a hard time grabbing Nightmare, but I didn't know Apprentice had the same issue too.

Oh, and if I can make it too DEV, I want my rematch!

anytips on iaGa?
I suck at it so bad.....

also why do people hate on 6B:B its nightmares only ranged knock down mid
awesome video RTD
although the low with his hand is 2A
and his 2K sucks I think you mean his 1K
and nightmares CF game is awful

iAga is easiest to perform when you have A+G mapped to a shoulder button. Then you just do a slide input from A to A+G. You can perform the JFs this way and the heavy hitting +8 advantage version as well. Both will take some practice on the timing though.

Nightmare's CF game can be surprisingly powerful if you play it right. I think Shenrii has a way of using his heaviest hitting SG stuff in a pretty safe manner. Been a while since I've seen it though.

The throw hitbox issue is VERY nice to know. I knew some characters, like Voldo, have a hard time grabbing Nightmare, but I didn't know Apprentice had the same issue too.

Oh, and if I can make it too DEV, I want my rematch!

What are the characters who have the same problem? I did not know this. This changes a lot.

What are the characters who have the same problem? I did not know this. This changes a lot.

To this extend, it's only Apprentice with this problem because he has the shortest throw range in the game. If they extended his throw range, this glitch wouldn't exist.

Other characters with short throw range such as Amy can still throw Nightmare but they need to be at point blank range.

If I can get Miko over, I'll record some Apprentice vs. Nightmare matches and then post them for you all. It'll be really helpful since he knows the match up.

To this extend, it's only Apprentice with this problem because he has the shortest throw range in the game. If they extended his throw range, this glitch wouldn't exist.

Other characters with short throw range such as Amy can still throw Nightmare but they need to be at point blank range.

If I can get Miko over, I'll record some Apprentice vs. Nightmare matches and then post them for you all. It'll be really helpful since he knows the match up.

Yes please haha. I still believe the match is 5/5 due to NM's unsafety and the apprentice's ability to punish the fuck out of NM and to negate his B+G and A+G throws (which are vital in NM's ground control game and spacing game).

I know Voldo has, like RTD said, to be in makeout distance to grab him. I'm pretty sure Amy, Sophie, and Cassie have the same problem.

But Apprentice... just can't touch him.

anytips on iaGa?
I suck at it so bad.....

also why do people hate on 6B:B its nightmares only ranged knock down mid
awesome video RTD
although the low with his hand is 2A
and his 2K sucks I think you mean his 1K
and nightmares CF game is awful
do you use pad or stick?
to CF with Nightmare you have to give up guaranteed damage to sub 1[A] in force block situations. plus use ALOT of aB. he has other tools but like GS B that kill the gauge pretty well these are what i tend to use alot. he also has 33b for a ranged mid as well. 33b has deceptive range but shitty frames. pretty good on the gauge though.

just map left shoulder to A then slide A-G-shoulder. i use to bind A+G on shoulder but found it alot more consistent with just A and the slide technique. i'm really surprised you play pad lol. you ever tried using stick? i made the move a year ago from pad to stick and hated it. thought i wasted my money lol but stuck with it and now i can't play on pad worth a shit. maybe consider it before 5 comes out. goodluck

do you use pad or stick?
to CF with Nightmare you have to give up guaranteed damage to sub 1[A] in force block situations. plus use ALOT of aB. he has other tools but like GS B that kill the gauge pretty well these are what i tend to use alot. he also has 33b for a ranged mid as well. 33b has deceptive range but shitty frames. pretty good on the gauge though.

Shitty frames? Excuse me? 21 frame mid which reaches from half the screen, leads to huge damage mixup options and techtraps? Nightmare's 2nd best move? Its pretty damn good for a 21 frame mid.

Shitty frames? Excuse me? 21 frame mid which reaches from half the screen, leads to huge damage mixup options and techtraps? Nightmare's 2nd best move? Its pretty damn good for a 21 frame mid.
i was refering to the -25 on block. i know its a great move thats why i mentioned it but if blocked your gonna feel pain.

Well....apprentice has that same problem against Sieg and Cervy iirc. voldo on occasion does have trouble grabbing nightmare but it's not as severe as Apprentice

Back