Strike - Move Discussion

OmegaAlchemyst

[08] Mercenary
So I've been using 1a:A:a a bit more lately, and I was wondering why it was a break attack when you can't even hit people with the break attack. Some things I think are just meant for show in this game cervantes' B+G unblockable. Ideas?

I'm no Ivy player, but doesn't her Tezhas' Flood have Break effects w/o break property?

The Just Frame version :1::A:::A: has bigger pushback on block, makes it harder to punish than :1::A:.:A:
Natsu :4::B: for example whiffs after JF version, but punishes normal version.
Frames are the same i think.
The last, Break :A: of :1::A:::A:::A: only comes out if the second :A: hits and launches.
So yes the Break thingy here is pretty pointless except for style because the opponent can't guard so it can't break.

I'm pretty sure I saw this move get blocked before.

In very specific circumstances, your opponent blocks the first hit, but gets hit by the second, so the third BA hit will come out, but the pushback from the first hit will make the third hit whiff. It's possible that sometimes instead of whiffing, you will block the third hit.

But I'm pretty sure the BA in this move is designed for style, and not for this super situational safety.

Necro time:
In SCIII, setsuka had 1AAA and the 3rd hit originally was designed to come out on block as well as hit. The idea being that a good player would duck it anyway but if they were lazy you got advantage. They then removed that before release as they presumably realised that's the philosophy of tekken eg. Hwo RFS d44 (lol +9 on block, such a good way to piss off bad players.) But they kept the BA on the third hit. Originally it was put in for a reason, now its just to be smexy.

Ivy's Guard Breaker doesn't allow you to do much after it. It's only there for more damage and to damage their guard I guess.

It also does less damage than the normal series unless you hit all the JFs and good players will JG the final hit on block anyway with Ivy's. Its only there for damage.

Is there an easier way to get the fastest input frame on a:G:B, is there a certain button layout you guys use? Also what are some good step kill moves you like to do?

If you have your controls set to default you could change your RB/R1 to a second B. If you to that the input will be like X-A-RB. It will take some practice but once you get it down it's really easy.

i use RT since it's A+B+K so it also helps for ag:A (with siegfried or nightmare) as well. so i just do what solo said, slide your thumb from A to G and RT immediately afterward.

to kill step use 2A, bA, AA, 6AA, or even 44K (one of my faves).

4K and 3A are great safe, reliable mid stepkills. 2362A_2362AA is awesome if you hit confirm it.

As for agB, it's identical to agA except with a B at the end.

Back