Summer Jam 5 Official Results

Summer Jam 2011 is now over! Woahhzz from Philadelphia takes the singles event in a stunning runback against Mick in Grand Finals! Team "Nothing-Common", aka "Team lolo and 2 scrubs) takes the teams event. This was a huge tournament with a great turn out, and we're hoping that North East Championship 2011 can be even bigger on December 4/5!

Videos will be uploaded throughout the week.

SC4 Teams: (11 teams)

1: Nothing-Common (Woahhzz, Ramon, lolo)
2: Broken (Mick, RTD, thugish_pond)
3: The Three Amigos (OOFMATIC, Eli123s, Partisan)
4: MTB (MTFighter, Human Typhoon, BlackMamba)
5: Upset (LostProvidence, Hawkeye, KrayzieCD)
5: EEEHHHHH!!! (Goofus, Nightblade, Lasercakes)
7: WashedUp and Random (BrewtusBibulus, Jaxel, KidDZaster)
7: Scrubs (PhoenixIvan, ZeroEffect, Saion)
9: Hanbark (Alucard, Hanbark, OneEye)
9: Philly (FightClubHuBBs, Sporko, Malice)
9: ACHookers + Jian (Rekki, OmegaXCN, Jian)

SC4 Singles: (41 entrants)

1: Woahhzz
2: Mick
3: Thugish Pond
4: lolo
5: MTFighter
5: Fundraiser (LostProvidence)
7: Unidentified26128 (MaxxDreamkiller)
7: RTD
9: NDK
9: Partisan
9: KDZ
9: Oofmatic
13: JustKill
13: Rekki
13: Sporko
13: HumanTyphoon
17: Last Dragon
17: Lowsweep
17: Saion
17: BlackmambaMoan
17: Hawkeye
17: Eli123s
17: Sephalump
17: Ramon
25: Malice
25: Goofus
25: Bibulus
25: Hubbs
25: Gr8 ONe
25: Kikaleek
25: Syphon
25: ZeroEffect
33: Lasercakes
33: Honkey Kong
33: JRWR7
33: Jaxel
33: Jian
33: Mark
33: Patrick Jones
33: Arctic Komodo
33: OmegaXCN

Old School Vs New School:

Old School: BrewtusBibulus, KrayzieCD, MTFighter, Goofus, RTD, Jaxel, thugish_pond, Mick
New School: Partisan, MaxxDreamkiller, LostProvidence, NDK, lolo, Kikaleek, Woahhzz, Ramon

New School wins 8-7

Battlelog:

Partisan (Cassandra) defeats Bibulus (Voldo)
Dreamkiller (Amy) defeats KrayzieCD (Mitsurugi)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats LostProvidence (Setsuka)
NDK (Voldo) defeats Goofus (Voldo)
lolo (Yoshimitsu) defeats RTD (Apprentice)
Kikaleek (Yoshimitsu) defeats Jaxel (Talim)
Woahhzz (Mitsurugi) defeats thugish_pond (Amy)
Ramon (Sophitia) defeats Mick (Xianghua)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Partisan (Cassandra)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Dreamkiller (Amy)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats NDK (Voldo)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats lolo (Yoshimitsu)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Kikaleek (Yoshimitsu)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Woahhzz (Mitsurugi)
Ramon (Sophitia) defeats MTFighter (Xianghua)

BracketSummerJam5.gif
TeamsBracketSJ5.gif

Phenomenal performance by everyone!
Thank you Jaxel for a great stream and thanks to everyone that commentated, you guys are HILARIOUS!
Lolo and MTFighter.... Im official you're guys's fanboy LOL

This was an awesome event and I'll certainly be going to the next one.

Also worth mentioning is that Partisan and Omega rocked as commentators.
(More shout outs include Krazy and Dream Killer)

I realized something while watching the tournament. From my perspective I was more interested in what the players had to say then the commentators. It would be cool if when players weren't fighting people would go around and talk to the players after the matches (winner and loser). Ask them questions about what they could have done better or how they thought the fight went in their opinion. Maybe show some replays of a portion of the match to show them and let them commentate their own strengths and weaknesses. Commentators should be uplifting, asking questions, entertaining and talking only while the fight is going on, imo. Show fanart that has been posted inbetween matches . Talk about players that have progressed through the years, bring more story/background to each player possibly even show video clips of them winning previous tournaments before the fights. Introduce players when about to fight. etc. etc. Ideas in the works and helping out from my perspective and how the next tournament could be done. Amazing tournament all and all. Good "Solid" fights.

I realized something while watching the tournament. From my perspective I was more interested in what the players had to say then the commentators. It would be cool if when players weren't fighting people would go around and talk to the players after the matches (winner and loser). Ask them questions about what they could have done better or how they thought the fight went in their opinion. Maybe show some replays of a portion of the match to show them and let them commentate their own strengths and weaknesses. Commentators should be uplifting, asking questions, entertaining and talking only while the fight is going on, imo. Show fanart that has been posted inbetween matches . Talk about players that have progressed through the years, bring more story/background to each player possibly even show video clips of them winning previous tournaments before the fights. Introduce players when about to fight. etc. etc. Ideas in the works and helping out from my perspective and how the next tournament could be done. Amazing tournament all and all. Good "Solid" fights.
And i know most of the commentators were players but i hope you get what i mean lol

At one point we had about 300 people watching the stream. That's like a highschool football stadium. As the game develops a high fan base, we should concentrate on our operators and make sure there is always a competent person at the station.

This was an awesome event and I'll certainly be going to the next one.

Also worth mentioning is that Partisan and Omega rocked as commentators.
(More shout outs include Krazy and Dream Killer)

Agreeeee. OmegaXCN was awesome, as was Party-son. lol Krayzie and DK know I love them both. <3

Also, congrats to everyone. It was a helluva tournament and I enjoyed watching. Wish I coulda shown, but maybe in the future I can (once I get my shit together). SC doods are awesome. <33333

Also Part Deux: When the hell did Soul Calibur get stream monsters?! I kept asking for at least Sp1der and/or Senzait to be modded to deal with some.. certain folks in the stream chat. But everyone was too busy to notice. Oh well, thank god I discovered there's an ignore button!

i missed most of the tournament. :(

still had a great weekend, though!

props to all of the placers. time to prep for DEVASTATION!

MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats LostProvidence (Setsuka)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Partisan (Cassandra)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Dreamkiller (Amy)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats NDK (Voldo)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats lolo (Yoshimitsu)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Kikaleek (Yoshimitsu)
MTFighter (Xianghua) defeats Woahhzz (Mitsurugi)
Holy shit.

Live streams

10 Viewers
Sesujin
Sesujin
Playing a game that's actually good
5 Viewers
MissJohnsonxFRAT
MissJohnsonxFRAT
Drop & Gimme Fiddy | xFratHouse | RIP Harambe🙏🏾
4 Viewers
Shilderi