Svetnikov's SCVI Showcase

Couple of new ones, mostly for entertainment and VS mode fodder.
Quartz.jpg

20181104235146_1.jpg

20181104235307_1.jpg

20181104235406_1.jpg
Quartz is a crystalline golem inspired by the "secret" race in FTL. Although he can't seal foes in the arena with walls of crystal, it won't stop him from beating them into organic goo.

And also, Fred returns. Because why the hell not, really.
Fred.jpg

20181104235002_1.jpg

20181104235015_1.jpg
He's... fabulous, I guess. Nothing's really changed from his SCV incarnation, except now we have the "narcissistic" voice to match his personality. Just avoid hitting him from behind, unless you like hearing "Harder, daddy!"

I really like your use of color .... in almost every custom posted I feel like the character of the creation is clarified or emphasized by your choices. Nice work!

I really like your use of color .... in almost every custom posted I feel like the character of the creation is clarified or emphasized by your choices. Nice work!
Thank you! Color schemes are generally my first consideration (which is also why I rarely use parts that have fixed-color components); I'm glad it shows.

Do Narcissists really say that?
That's a Fred thing, not a voice-scheme thing.
Kinda like the way Prince's special attack is "For My Eyeliner!"

Thank you! Color schemes are generally my first consideration (which is also why I rarely use parts that have fixed-color components); I'm glad it shows.

That's a Fred thing, not a voice-scheme thing.
Kinda like the way Prince's special attack is "For My Eyeliner!"
LOL I am honestly terrible with color... I work more from a sculptural angle... I figure out my structures first (....I shouldn’t have admitted that because...) you can tell with my stuff that sometimes color is an after thought ..., I play it real safe ....I know enough with color not to get in trouble ..... but that’s as far as I would go to give myself any credit. Like with my last character I think he was red and purple and grey.... and then I just kind of picked blue because I like blue people...😊
So I always appreciate it when I see some one like you or Gatsu or Matty who are able express and define character effectively with color. Unique choices are made to feel natural and essential. 🙂

Firsty, thank you so much @brucege for your compliments on Zylphia! Also for the tip regarding her horns. I did try adding a second set to make the secondary gold color but it didn't work out so well, so I decided to leave them as is for now. But your advice was a good one so I do appreciate it. :) I wish we could put stickers on special equipment.

----

I have brought Prince back from SCV!

Prince (Style: Tira)
Prince1.jpg

Prince4.jpg

Prince2.jpg

Prince3.jpg
(Voice: "Young Knight" at Speed +1, Tone +10, )

He was originally Kieve's creation but I sort of adopted him (more like, took over haha, I fell in love with him). As per his original description, he is an effeminate catboy who's a shameless flirt and is generally much too over-confidant.

I wasn't really sure what to do with his outfit. I wanted to keep the gist of his original look but also update it a little. Raphael's bodysuit was perfect, but the rest I feel is a bit too busy. I wish there were a way to color Maxi's waist wrap a solid color (or two) rather than the striped/wavy patterns. I tried other belts but didn't really like them as much. Never thought I'd say this but I miss Patticakes! His belt was a good fit for Prince. I also miss his knitted gloves/leg warmers since it used to give him a sort of "acrobat" look but these work as decent substitutes for now.

I also attempted to remake a tail for him since we lack an editable tail in SCVI. I used the calamity horns and put some feathers on the end to camoflage the tip (since they don't meet up and leave a kind of "fork" at the end). So I guess he's something of a "lion" now haha. Here's hoping we get a workable tail at some point (outside the custom races selection), though I'm not holding my breath.

~~~+*+~~~​

Vivien (style: Sophitia)
Vivien1.jpg

Vivien2.jpg

Vivien3.jpg
(Voice: "Malicious Imp" at Tone -7, )

Not much to say here. Originally she was also a "demoness" type like Zylphia, but I decided to ditch the horns and wings since they clashed with the rest of her design too much. So now she's more like a "snow elf" I guess. I'm pretty content with the design overall, though I would've much preferred to use a really dark brown for her corset and arm guards since it would go better. But the color palette doesn't go quite that dark, so, black it is!

No real story for her, she is just kinda "there". My boyfriend is much better than me when it comes to writing stories. I just like designing characters... so I guess it works out. :3

Last edited:
I realized recently our cast was missing a certain overgrown bug. Travesty!
Mushi (Style: Yoshimitsu)
Mushi.jpg

(Voice: "Scoundrel" at Speed +10, Sub +10, Tone +50)
20181106005828_1.jpg

20181106005854_1.jpg

20181106010030_1.jpg

20181106011441_1.jpg

Every time I see him do this, I can't help thinking "Haters gonna hate."
20181106011539_1.jpg

Mmmm, fresh souls. Tastes like Tang!
What does an ordinary bug do when strange sorcery turns them six feet tall? Learn the sword, I guess. He's not actually evil, just misunderstood, we swear. Too bad "Wait, I just want to be friends!" doesn't sound so friendly when your voice is like bees in a tin can.

Yoshimitsu's style is a great fit for this guy. There's a certain hilarious weirdness to him that just works. Plus, the whole helicopter-sword "watch me buzz around the ring" deal. Design-wise, it's once again a case of "doing the best we can with what we have." The loincloth is straight-up placeholder, I can't even pretend it suits him, but I worked it into the design as best I could until some better parts come along. His SCV version was a poor man's attempt at @Quinion 's "Lord of the Flies" anyway, so he was due an overhaul. The reddish color comes from reference pics of stag beetles, though the horn configuration ended up as a rhinoceros beetle instead.
...Also, is it just me or does the transparency on the wings look much worse than in SCV?

That snophitielf is a beauty Rosangela...and your bug CAS is a win(g)er Kieve (and i did my fair share of those). What is really fresh is the use of the shell for the abdomen of course and the race glowing stripes help too...nice ones

That snophitielf is a beauty Rosangela...and your bug CAS is a win(g)er Kieve (and i did my fair share of those). What is really fresh is the use of the shell for the abdomen of course and the race glowing stripes help too...nice ones
I wish I could take credit for the turtle shell, but Quinion beat me to it years ago, and still did it better I think. Appreciate the comment regardless. I do think the full Malfested have a very insectoid look to them to start with, but the glowing runes especially help sell the idea of a 'transformed bug,' something I think was lacking in his old version.

Last edited:
Insect Quin you mean ? :)
I agree with the rest, it just bugs me they removed the sphere Exeq, very important for that kind of 4 legged CAS...

Been busy the last couple days! Three from me tonight, and Rosa's got one or two she's still working on.

Sasu (Style: Xianghua)
Sasu.jpg

20181108024549_1.jpg

20181108024646_1.jpg

20181108022638_1.jpg
I owe @chobek for the inspiration on this one. Kinda disappointed I couldn't move the 'heart' abdomen further back on the tail, but it works well enough. According to Google translation, "Sasu" is "sting" in Japanese, and with Xianghua's swordplay, this bug more than lives up to the name. Might've overdone it a little on the black/yellow stripes, and the eye pattern is a tad too subtle, but for a quick one-off I think she came out alright.

Marianne (Style: Groh)
Marianne.jpg

20181108024909_1.jpg

20181108025008_1.jpg
Rosa and I often pit the CPU against itself with our characters, just to see what they do. Something we've seen time and again is that the "Sword & Shield" style - be it Pyrrha or Sophitia - goes absolute ham on whoever steps in the ring. For us, that means Fred. And frankly, we prefer to watch Fred lose.
In SCV, Marianne served the important function of being a foil to characters like that. Alpha-Pattycakes was one of the few that the CPU would use effectively against Fred. Well, we don't have Pattycakes here, but we needed Marianne back regardless. With Groh's swords, she's not quite the dominating force of nature she used to be, but still effective.
And fun to watch. That's the important bit.

This time around I tried to dress her up a little more, with subtle patterns and some "clever" sticker use. How clever is up to you I suppose. Pocket-stickers do some interesting stuff on that "Gothic" skirt in projection mode...
Seems she's got more of a "school teacher" vibe this time around. Earlier in the timeline, so I suppose this is what she was up to before taking over as the local archivist.

Toast (Style: Siegfried)
Toast.jpg

20181108034257_1.jpg

20181108033647_1.jpg

20181108034506_1.jpg
This bony bugger is what happens when a corpse forgets it's supposed to be dead. He's also forgotten his original name (despite it being carved quite plainly on his crypt), and decided that being told "You're toast!" must mean that's who he is. None too bright, this chap.

Being dead, his wardrobe's not exactly in top form either. I made special effort to keep everything subdued and earthy, pattern use on the metal to give it a splotchy tarnished look, stickers for dirt & grime, and yellowed his bones a little too. Kept his last ExEq slot free, so I might give him some bushy eyebrows to go with the 'stache.

Last edited:
Been busy the last couple days! Three from me tonight, and Rosa's got one or two she's still working on.

View attachment 54303
I owe @chobek for the inspiration on this one. Kinda disappointed I couldn't move the 'heart' abdomen further back on the tail, but it works well enough. According to Google translation, "Sasu" is "sting" in Japanese, and with Xianghua's swordplay, this bug more than lives up to the name. Might've overdone it a little on the black/yellow stripes, and the eye pattern is a tad too subtle, but for a quick one-off I think she came out alright.

View attachment 54302
Rosa and I often pit the CPU against itself with our characters, just to see what they do. Something we've seen time and again is that the "Sword & Shield" style - be it Pyrrha or Sophitia - goes absolute ham on whoever steps in the ring. For us, that means Fred. And frankly, we prefer to watch Fred lose.
In SCV, Marianne served the important function of being a foil to characters like that. Alpha-Pattycakes was one of the few that the CPU would use effectively against Fred. Well, we don't have Pattycakes here, but we needed Marianne back regardless. With Groh's swords, she's not quite the dominating force of nature she used to be, but still effective.

This time around I tried to dress her up a little more, with subtle patterns and some "clever" sticker use. How clever is up to you I suppose. Pocket-stickers do some interesting stuff on that "Gothic" skirt in projection mode...
Seems she's got more of a "school teacher" vibe this time around. Earlier in the timeline, so I suppose this is what she was up to before taking over as the local archivist.

View attachment 54304
This bony bugger is what happens when a corpse forgets it's supposed to be dead. He's also forgotten his original name (despite it being carved quite plainly on his crypt), and decided that being told he smells of Toast must mean that's who he is. None too bright, this chap.

Being dead, his wardrobe's not exactly in top form either. I made special effort to keep everything subdued and earthy, pattern use on the metal to give it a splotchy tarnished look, stickers for dirt & grime, and yellowed his bones a little too. Kept his last ExEq slot free, so I might give him some bushy eyebrows to go with the 'stache.

Awesome! It’s funny I switched to that helmet too when I tried to add stripes..... but your stinger section is awesome.... I love how wispy it seems but still dangerous. I tried staying with my heart and it created a lot of problems that I never really resolved... I also love your armor choices so many thorny,spikey items .... it fits together very well. It looks great.

I think the heart works well for the eyes. It gives off little bit more of a comical character.... but that seems really appropriate with toast. I love the idea of someone too dumb to know they are dead. :) he is very cool...

...and I know the pocket sticker is an old trick.... but that scalloped edge is really nice... it reads simple...and if you didn’t know better you might miss that you altered anything at all, but that’s kind of what’s so cool about it.
:)

View attachment 54303

View attachment 54302

View attachment 54304
This bony bugger is what happens when a corpse forgets it's supposed to be dead. He's also forgotten his original name (despite it being carved quite plainly on his crypt), and decided that being told he smells of Toast must mean that's who he is. None too bright, this chap.

Woah, Sasu and Toasty give me the creeps (the good kind of course ;)), the use of SpecEq on both designs is stunning. Very sorry that i can't say more but, i'm kinda left speechless😅

SASUffice to say your insects are a bettle bit scary and awesome at the same time.
Beware, because i might join the hive-train sometime, after all the insectoid abominations i committed in 5.
Right now, i am on something else though.
And of course, Toad is got me undead to rights ! and yes, do the eyebrows, upper part is missing some peps.

Damn, I may need to stop posting tutorials so guys like you, Alexandra, and FatalExodus can stop kicking my ass in CaS.

Fred: Fabulous! I love how you inserted him into the Birth of Venus painting. He deserves a spot in Louvre.

Prince: Disturbingly beautiful. You kept all the key elements from his SCV outfit and dialed it up to 10. That custom tail is sick too.

Vivien: Waaaah. You really make the prettiest dresses on the forums. Perfect level of detail top to bottom. Don’t add anything to her. Perfect as she is. The black corset goes better with the snow elf theme anyways, so good call.

Mushi: Excellent bug build. I would turn the horns black to match the helmet. You have enough white in the design with the shoulders and loincloth anyways. You could try applying an edgy pattern to the wings for extra edge lol.

Sasu: Another stellar bug build! And no, you did not overdo the stripe pattern. It’s a source of detail in keeping with the theme.

Marianne: Hmm. Can’t say I’m really feeling this one. But that’s an excellent custom tux.

Toast: Love the cartoon-villain vibes I’m getting here. Like something straight from the more disturbing Max Fleischer cartoons or Bendy and the Ink Machine.

Thank you guys :) I've passed the compliments along to Rosa as well, she's just occupied with making new art of Prince (in keeping with his updated look, I suppose).
@VILARCANE I did go back and give Toast some eyebrows - tried a few things, ended up using beetle horns. The spiky look works pretty well there. A little oversized, but "comically" so, which works for him. Just wish I could get rid of the gloss, they're too damn shiny and don't match the 'stache (or much of anything else).

@brucege as always, grateful to see in-depth thoughts.
Regarding Marianne, I wasn't especially happy with the results - I made too many compromises in her design ("can't use stilettos with stockings, well we'll just use the maid shoes - great, they clip with the tight skirt, guess I'll have to use the gothic one - crap, the sticker paints a white line on it, will have to make it white instead of dark gray...") Grr. Took me longer than I'd like to admit to realize I could use the "Fetching" leotard to solve pretty much all of the above issues, and the result is one much more in keeping with her intended look.
marianne2.jpg

Still annoyed by the white sticker border, but can overlook it at least.

As for Mushi, the white horn was a choice to match the other little horns on his Astaroth pieces - the horns on the arms don't color, so I left the other ones natural and decided I'd just have to make it part of the design. I do agree it stands out a bit much though.

Thanks again for the comments!

Kenzie (Style: Talim)
Kenzie.jpg

20181113050331_1.jpg

20181113050409_1.jpg

20181113050442_1.jpg
Kenzie ("Max" to her friends) is the brash, outspoken type, and a less-than-friendly rival to Cass. Her hot-headedness and determination to prove herself "better" often leads to risky behavior, in and out of the ring. She goes to great lengths to irritate Cass, including flirting with her brother Sebastian (which usually just leaves him feeling confused).

I struggled through a few different designs before landing on her present look, but other than feeling the black shirt/pants need a little something more/different, I'm fairly happy with her. Critique always welcome of course.

Gustav (Style: Raphael)
Gustav.jpg

20181113050718_1.jpg

20181113050627_1.jpg

20181113050612_1.jpg
Gustav plays the straight-man to Toast's half-wit lunacy. Maybe that's because he got to keep more of his fleshy remains, tucked away under the bandages. Maybe the acolytes who mummified him forgot to take the brain. Maybe it's Maybelline - he does go a little heavy on the eye-shadow. But whatever unfortunate fate woke him from his deathly slumber, one thing is certain.
He'd rather just go back to bed.

Of course Gustav is hilarious : i like Kenzie too, you two are good with cat noses :)
And might seem irrelevant for most but i love the thumbnail on Kenzie...

Back