[Sydney, Australia] Version 4.0

ok that makes 5 so far (including my cousin/roommate), 4 if lg doesnt come.

bring a stick as ive only got one hehe, and if someone wants to bring a ps3 ive got another tv.

ill check back later to see how many want to come and send my address, ph no etc.

people who usually come but dont use the forum are welcome to, just let me know as i dont have any of their numbers.

Sorry to interrupt the planning for the weekend, just wanted to remind everyone that if you can prepay for OHN before the end of the month, you save $10. This can be done through the website with paypal here => http://www.ozhadou.net/ohn7/prepay.php and if you don't have paypal, please contact Jack as he can take payments via direct debit. You can also pay at the door, but they're encouraging people to prepay. This is for venue entry btw, the $5 entry for SC4 will be done at the venue. Please remember to use your nickname when prepaying, i.e. the name you sign up as.

Also, I should be able to bring a TV for OHN, it's 68cm 4:3 CRT, 480i. Not really ideal, but I don't think we have too many options at this stage. If we're lucky we might be able to borrow an HDTV once we're there.

oh shit guize! i just downloaded the sc1 armour set just to see how it looks. it has sc1 and sc2 nightmare helms, random nightmare helmet with a tail. asta's death bunny helm, voldo's alien helm and binoculars helm, and yoshi's evil squid helm. not sure what female custom gear there are but that's it for the males. it's like $2 for the set, not bad in my opinion.

i wish they would release whole sets of armour though. i loved the sc1 nightmare armour. none of this glowing gasy lights and gold trimmings shit the ladder nightmares had. he was there to rape/reap your soul and move on to his next victim, and his armour reflected that, pure metal with a mutated arm and the occational belt to hold the plates in place. too bad he changed from all buisness to all show. oh yeah and his 6k didn't ring out on natural hit anymore.

10:30-11am any time then or after is fine by me. i have no idea what time the last bus is back to the station but ill have a look, either way if it gets to late i can drop you back at the station lol. ill have a look when i get to the bus stop, im on the train atm he he

no one else is coming? ill check back to finalise numbers, tho im easy your more than welcome to rock up if you havent posted just you would have to get the address/my number off one of the others haha

im going to the movies + drinking out, but i will pm my details when i get back tonight the time to turn up is still the same hehe, so check ure personal messages before you head to mine, which is get off at rockdale and catch the bus to brighton, which is bus top A. ill message my number etc when i get home which will be late tonight. ^^ remember to invite those who dont frequent the forums, and if anyone can bring a ps3 or a stick that would be fantastic.

Great games yesterday, guys.

Luke: Your Vader has improved. You're throwing more and using some lows to try and force a mix up, which is good. But be careful, while almost all characters have a weak side, Vader's weak side is particularly bad. Just testing it against you yesterday, if you go in the correct direction, you can sidewalk most of his move set. It's not unlike what people do to Raph, who is also horribly weak to one side. Even if someone isn't used to Vader, it's something that can be worked out with some careful observation and a bit of time. Although I have to admit that horizontal of his, which you use in place of AA, has some interesting properties, in that it tends to turn people halfway around on hit, which gives you a throw mix up at close range.

Runis: My scrubby Kilik is whiffs to much, but hopefully you can see why people love Ashura so much. That things GI's all of Hilde's charge moves and rips most characters' move sets apart. Rock vs Sieg was interesting two... so much throwing from both of us, although I think most Sieg players would gladly trade a few moves for Rock's 11K simply because it's a low that knocks down. And of course... Hilde vs Hilde on raft stage. LOL. Most of the matches went something like this:

Person A steps... the wrong way... eats death combo. Next round. Rinse and repeat. LOL.

Peter: You've started cultivating a pocket Hilde... I think Runis and I have been bad influences. Your Tira is sold too, with a strong mix up game. I don't think I've ever seen as much throwing and throw breaking as I did in your Rock vs Tira match, which was awesome to watch. Your X is sold too, with a fair amount of throwing and of course... the rocket boots. What we they thinking making that move even faster while keeping its block data the same... still, it was interesting to see you mix that up with 66B+K once people started ducking it with 2A.

yeah i wasnt so aware of the weakness till yestersay but ill learn to compensate :P

i need to be cheaper with my algol haha, getting there but just not cheap enough yet.

hilde vs hilde was funny.

damn those rocket boots, my game with peter turned into who could force the cheap ring out first haha, i kept stuffing my reverse ringout tho ill have to look to use it more as when i stuffed it i got done with the rocket boot of death, 2a was my only defense against it..

was fun everyone ^^

sounds like u guys had fun.

to sidetrack for a bit. LG u still have frozen throne? i've just randomly picked it up again for no apparant reason and i want to play against u next time u come over. made the transition from undead to nightelf to orc so i want to see how much i suck. orcs feel alot more powerfull than nightelves though.

Bailey: let me have a look... it's been ages since I last played... probably two years, I think. Off the top of my head though, Orc was generally better than Night Elf. Blizzard had a habit of pointlessly nerfing Night Elf even when everyone winning tournaments was Undead or Human. LOL.

dammit runis you were absolutely right... i have to wait monthly now for claymore also ... what i dont understand is why did the anime deviate from the manga at such a crucial part in the story ... i want more ... nooooooooooooooo.

got any more recomendations?

Quick Update: I won the Couch Warriors SC4 tournament in Melb, but the few people I talked to didn't seem overly interested in heading to Sydney for a tournament. We may meet up again and I'll ask more people at that point. If no one else wants to go, I may still go and possibly be +1, but we'll see.

bailey: charlie still plays frozen throne recently. And he goes to cafes too if ur interested. The following wk is tourney already. Dang.

if you mean the game where you have black and white stones, and the objective is to surround your opponents pieces - then Yeah, I know how to play to some degree.

Back