A62_8B+K ~ Distorted Breeze_A:62_8B+K ~ Distorted Breeze
AAA(The Last Hit is Taki's 11_77A)
AAB
AAK
Soul Charge AAA+B
Soul Charge AAA+BA
Soul Charge AAa+BA
Soul Charge AAa+BA4 ~ PO
6AA(Was Taki's old 33_99A/Last 2 Hits End with Taki's SCII PO A+K)
6A4 ~ PO
6ABBB
Soul Charge 6ABBBB(Last Hit was Taki's old 3B)
3A(Was Taki's old 6A)
2A_FC 2A
1A
4A4 ~ PO(Natsu's 6A)
4AK(Ends in Taki's old SCIII & SCIV 33_99K)
4AK4 ~ PO
JMP A(Taki's old WL A)
FC 1AK(Taki's old 3AK)
WS AAA(Last Hit is a Guard Break in Soul Charge)
WS AA4 ~ PO
BT A
BT 2A

BA4 ~ PO
BAK
BAK4 ~ PO
BBB
BB4 ~ PO
BK
BK4 ~ PO
B(K) ~ PO
6BB(2nd Hit is like her improved 44B, CH Combo, Wall Splat so Bomb Attack is guaranteed.)
3BB+K ~ STK
Soul Charge 3BA+B
2B
2BA
2BA4 ~ PO
2bA
2bA4 ~ PO
2b:A
2b:A4 ~ PO
1B ~ PO(Was Taki's old 4A)
4BA(Was Taki's SCIV 1BA)
4BA4 ~ PO
41236B
41236bG
JMP BB_WS BB(Taki's old WL BB & Similar to her WS BB)
JMP BB+KK ~ STK_WS BB+K ~ STK
BT BA
BT BA4 ~ PO
BT 2B
BT 2B4 ~ PO

KKK
KK4 ~ PO
KK2K
K2
6KA
6KA4 ~ PO
6KK(2nd Hit was Taki's SCIV PO K)
3KKK
3KKB+K ~ Wind Roll
3KK(B+K) ~ Gunpowder Plot
3KK2_8B+K ~ Distorted Breeze
3KK6(B+K)
2K(Was Taki's 1K)
1KK(Was Taki's 2KK)
4KK
FC 3KK
WS K
JMP KKK
JMP KK4 ~ PO
BT K(Was Taki's BT A+B)
BT 2K

A+B(Lethal Hit after crushing GI & RE)
A+BA
A+BA4 ~ PO
a+bA
a+bA4 ~ PO
6A+B(New Move/Magic Attack in Taki's Reveal Trailer) ~ Possession Rush
6A+B4 ~ PO
Soul Charge 6A+B ~ Possession Rush
Soul Charge 6A+B4 ~ PO
2A+B
4A+B(Non Ninjitsu Version of 44B)
Soul Charge 4A+B
FC A+B(Stuns Grounded Opponent's Again)
BT 2A+B
BT B+K_WD B+K

33_66_99A4 ~ PO(SCII 66AA)
33_66_99AA
33_66_99AA4 ~ PO
Soul Charge 33_66_99AAA+B
Soul Charge 33_66_99AAA+BA
Soul Charge 33_66_99AAa+bA
Soul Charge 33_66_99AAa+bA4 ~ PO
22_88A(88A Has Mekki-Maru Chip Damage)
22_88A4 ~ PO
11_44_77A
33_66_99B(Lethal Hits at Close Range)
22_88B
11_44_77B(Wall Splat so Bomb Attack is guaranteed)
33_66_99K
22_88KA
22_88KB+K ~ Stalker
22_88K6B+K ~ Wind Roll
22_88K(6B+K) ~ Gunpowder Plot
22_88K2_8B+K ~ Distorted Breeze
11_44_77K(Was Taki's 33_99K from SCII)
11_44_77K
RUN KKB

B+K_(B+K)_B+K2_8 = Stalker
4 ~ PO(After B+K2_8 Only)
A
B(Lethal Hits on Whiff Punish)
KA
K4 ~ PO
A+G

6B+K = Wind Roll
4 ~ PO
A(Lethal Hits after Guard Burst)
BBB
BKB
BK(B)
K(Lethal Hits When Ducking A High Attack)
KK

6(B+K) ~ Gunpowder Plot(Lethal Hits When Ducking A High Attack)

2_8B+K = Distorted Breeze
4 ~ PO
A
B(Was Taki's 4B/Lethal Hits on aGI)
KA
KB+K ~ Stalker
K6B+K ~ Wind Roll
K6(B+K) ~ Gunpowder Plot
K2_8B+K ~ Distorted Breeze

214_4 after certain moves = Possession
66 66(Can cancel into 1_4 Moves)
22 22 22
88 88 88
A(Natsu's PO A6)
A4 ~ PO
6A(Similar to the Last Hit of WS AAA)
6AB+K
2_8A(Taki's SCII Possession A)
2_8A4 ~ PO
B
Soul Charge B
bA(Was Taki's SCIV PO A)
6BA(Was Taki's SCIII & IV 66BA)
Soul Charge 6BAA
2_8B ~ PO(Taki's old 11_77BK/Lethal Hits When Ducking A High Attack)
KK(Was Taki's 44K)
(K)(Was Taki's SCIV PO BT B+K)
6K(Was Taki's old 33_99K)
6K4 ~ PO
2_8K(Was Taki's PO 7_8_9K)
A+B
B+K(Was Taki's Hover B/Lethal Hits on Whiff Punish)
A+G
6A+G
Soul Charge 6A+G

All RE Attacks Lethal Hit in 2nd Clash

RE 4 ~ PO
RE AAA
RE AA4 ~ PO
RE AB+K ~ Wind Roll
RE A(B+K)
RE B
RE K

Last edited:
I am so excited to pick apart her movelist. There is still so much we don't know, need to see 8wr moves and I'm sure there are things that were missed in this vid. The possibilities are endless.

Things of note.....

A:6 is back and has a lethal hit. What the criteria are and whether we get followup damage are yet to be seen. This has the potential to make taki the best punishment character in the game.

3B looks fast and hits grounded. Huge deal here.

Chip damage on every mekki Maru (sheathed blade) attack. This absolutely blows my mind. Frames will play a big deal here, but if her frames are anything like natsu there will be plenty of opportunities to steal turns, force people to guard and take free chip damage

We still don't know what's up with that 6bish move into the bomb, but that is exciting as well.

PO looks way more varied than natsu. Tons of options to deal with various responses.

I postulate that 22A is back based on her side windroll moves. 22k was seen out of that and I believe seeing her 22a come out of it lends itself to that move being back. It's ch properties will be interesting to know.

I can't wait to try everything out. Soooooo much to test.

Yeah What's up :D
So happy about SC6 and Taki!!!

On topic:
It looks like a bunch of classic moves are back.
Like:

66AA from SC2, also had a 66ABB variation in SC2.
SC3/4 4B(Demon Fangs), which seems to also have an AutoGI again.
I think i saw a short green glow, GIed against downward verticals (SC3)/all verticals (SC4)

Also tons of new strings for example something that looks like AA into Fan Dance?
Or is it AA PO Fan Dance, since Fan Dance wasn't 44A like in V, but PO A in SC2?

Also great to read about A6 being in and lol @3B hitting grounded, could you link me to a vid showing those?

For the A:6 it's at 2:18 in the video above.

3:33 for the 3B and then he does it again and it hits grounded

Taki looks great, however I saw no mention of her Hover stance. So that makes me wonder if its removed or they just didn't get to it in time?

i think it's just PO 8B now. there's no mention of hover A.

btw am very excited that BBB ends in FC now.

things i really want to test:
- is the new PO K (the old 44K) safe or -17 like last time? because i don't see the old PO K and i need something to beat 2As.
- how much damage i can get off PO A on CH stun
- does the new 3B juggle
- how much damage i can get off CH WS K
- what exactly that new 6B string does. can you interrupt the 2nd hit on hit/block? it looks like if the 2nd hit is CH the explosion is guaranteed. but the full string isn't NCc though.
- if soul charge makes the entire 6BB explosion string NCc
- what are her brave edge moves? the new PO 6BA (old 66BA) has a BE extension i think.

I actually need something to look at in terms of core mechanics. I'm not new to Soul Calibur in general, but I'm new to the competitive scene & I'm looking to compete & support the fighting game scene.

I can't wait to play as a Taki main:)

couple observations from the new tomahawk vid as well as other random vids from E3, these will help clear up some of taxi questions.

BBB ending in FC is alright, the string isn't NCC so it will only be useful if you can get the interrupt on the last B into FC frame advantage.

Did see HOV B and also noted it has a lethal hit on it. I'm not really taking any stock in any movelist speculation based on the 2 videos we've seen. HOV A may still be in.

Old PO k (assuming you mean natsu PO k) is still in as PO 4k. She also has PO 6a which looks like natsu a+b and may beat 2a. Depending on the frames of certain transitions I think PO 2b might beat out 2a as well.

Regarding PO a ch, I've seen PO B connect for chunky damage. Just speculation here but PO B isn't super fast so I'd expect various other things to connect. PO 2b for forward RO, perhaps PO 6kk for oki. Even if it's just PO B I'd be happy with that. The pressure you can apply with PO looks insane now, the chip damage helps with that immensely.

Haven't seen any attempts at ws k ch combos. Though the FC 1ak string looks interesting as a low option from FC that could force people to try and push buttons.

I'm really interested in the new 6b string as well, pretty sure it's just 6bb as I saw a bunch of noobs just mashing it out on stream yesterday. The second hit that attaches the bomb is not NCC and is super linear. This move needs lots of testing.

New 3B does launch, not sure on combo potential. Perhaps a:6 still has a bound effect.

Speaking of a:6 the fact that it has a lethal hit is huge!!! We need to know the criteria and any followup damage on this asap. If it lethal hits just because you got the JF and even allowed something simple like 3kkk that would be insane. Best punishment in the game hands down, I don't even need to see the other characters.

BE doesn't exist, I'm pretty sure the PO 6b extension is available in soul charge.

The combo tomahawk showed off of PO 2a to ws BB looked cool and had decent damage. Interested to see if maybe replacing ws BB with caltrops would give toe hop stun to full combo. So much to test!!!

if BB will be used as a common PO string then you'll see the last hit landing a lot to catch ppl furiously trying to 2A you after BB. but i think i saw soph 2A beat taki's 2A after BBB on HIT so that's not a good sign.

glad to know the old PO K is there - oldie but goodie. if PO 6A is like natsu A+B then the jump frames are quite late. but i just noticed PO 6K has jump frames too, so that's good. if PO 2B has jump frames... man.

i'm curious how RE will deal with PO though. maybe it's the new 2A, lol. but PO A should be able to beat it most times.

if WS BB hits after PO 2A then WS K should as well, right?

re: 6BB in most matches where it hits CH the UI says "counter" and then "2 hits" so i assumed it's NCc. anyway if it's not NCc / allows for interrupt between 1st and 2nd hits then it will be pretty useless. maybe only in soul charge combos then. there HAS to be some use for this string.

if A:6 leads to too much dmg it will get nerfed, haha. remember how crazy natsu was in v1 when her 6A+B was NCc into stun? but based on the reveal vid, a big enough stun should get you windroll BBB.

(god srsly so much to test)

Last edited:
i'm curious how RE will deal with PO though. maybe it's the new 2A, lol. but PO A should be able to beat it most times.
Does Reversal Edge work against Unblockables like PO A+B?

Speaking of Reversal Edge, i wonder what Taki's options for RE will be.

And also what her Soul Charged options are?
Haven't seen one yet, but in Soul Calibur 2 Soul Charge Unblockables existed.

what does that have to do with RE-ing an unblockable?

separately, i hate JG because we have to recalculate frame advantages for all the strings. it just drives ppl to play taki as an A:6 punisher character. but i have also heard that JG doesn't give frame advantage but does something else like give soul gauge/negate chip damage instead.

Back