Taki General Discussion / Bombs Away

new vids:

what i’ve noticed:
- BBB is safe from yoshi AA so that’s nice
- very easy to interrupt 2nd hit of 6BB
- seems like most PO moves can go into PO (except big hits like PO B and PO 6BA)
- both hits of 6KK hit grounded
- would be great if someone could test CH WS K combos and A:6

Last edited:
Man, she looks like a lot of fun! These are gonna be the longest 4 months of my life.

Anyways,
It looks like 3B can connect to SKR B+G, can anyone confirm this yet?

What's the attack called whenever she does the 2 or 3 hits then whenever they block, there's an explosion around them? That seemed like it was safe on block. *Sorry for the lack inputs. I'm new to the scene & I'm trying to learn, then compete. Will be at KIT next year for my 1st event if I can't start in November*.

Edit: in @Soul's video that he posted, it launches. It happened around 3:03 to 3:06

Anyone else excited she has her old WL series back from SC2? Also, has anyone tested the old FloE combo (WL A 6K A 66K) to see if it works? If she can cancel out of her PO rush and block before a AA/2A, her rushdown game is going to be nuts. Especially when factoring in her chip damage.

Last edited:
Seems like they've exchanged old jumping A to the former WL A and old jumping B to former WL BB.
Meaning old jumping A (good for Ring Out) and old jumping B are gone, i've not seen them yet :\

Anyway i'm so hyped, A:6, Soul Charge, Stances, so much to try out 8)

@JDE: it’s the new 6B string.

@Mental_Climax: I think people would just RE? I think all mixups need some anti-RE option now. But 9A (the old WL A) is still a great damaging anti-low.

@kAb: if PO 6BA connects after CH PO A, it should RO from a much further distance... fingers crossed. and why do I get the sense that PO A forces you back into PO :/

Reactions: JDE
I wonder if you can combo off of 9A, like with While Rising AAA in SC2, or maybe 6BB sticky bomb?
Could be air controllable though.

Might have to get used to JG if the rumors are true for Mirrors and characters like Kilik.
And meter building, maybe you can combine Soul Charge and Brave Edges?
So glad to have Soul Charge back :)

Last edited:
Seems like they've exchanged old jumping A to the former WL A and old jumping B to former WL BB.
Meaning old jumping A (good for Ring Out) and old jumping B are gone, i've not seen them yet :\

Anyway i'm so hyped, A:6, Soul Charge, Stances, so much to try out 8)

She still has 8A from SC4. Regarding WL A, that move is pretty much better then 8A in every aspect as it can not only ringout but also leads to the famous FloE combo from SC2 which was WL A 6K A 66K. In a better scenario it would be nice to see WL A 6K A PO 2B or WL A 6K A 6AA.

There was a old combo from SC4 from Taki's A+B bomb (A+B A PO 8B Caltraps) and I'm curious if it works with SC6 since Taki has PO 8B. It would be nice if someone could test this.

Last edited:
@JDE: it’s the new 6B string.

@Mental_Climax: I think people would just RE? I think all mixups need some anti-RE option now. But 9A (the old WL A) is still a great damaging anti-low.

@kAb: if PO 6BA connects after CH PO A, it should RO from a much further distance... fingers crossed. and why do I get the sense that PO A forces you back into PO :/

She's one of the few characters who can bait out RE since she can PO rush cancel and see how the opponent responds.

new one:

what i noticed:
- i guess if the opponent doesn't ground recover you can get 3B after A6
- taki has a taunt

That a6 was a non JF air hit, so that's interesting. im assuming the jf version will splat as well, just need to figure out best non techable damage.

love that they brought back 66AA

PO 2A followed by WR BB looks like a nice combo.

3B launches and hits grounded? YES

and why do I get the sense that PO A forces you back into PO :/

i thought so too but it doesn't. you have to hold 4

2:26: looks like PO 4K hits grounded opponents

Last edited:
we will have much better combos if we can do non-PO stuff after CH PO A.

not sure if this vid was already posted:

- 66K is 66K
- first video i've seen that shows CH WS K stun

another one:

- PO 6B (old 66B) has a lot less range than the old 66B

Last edited:

- STK A into PO is now a thing
- 33B lethal hit gives a stun into combo!!!!!!!!!!!! (1:15)
- CH 22A gives a stun into combo (i think someone mentioned it already)
- there is PO sidestep
- 2nd hit of WS BB whiffs at certain ranges (8:34)
- you can RE a super. is this common among all characters? (10:00)
- PO K looks pretty unsafe but because taki bounces away not everything will hit (11:47)

Combo displayed: Soul Charge CH WR K 4BA4 PO 6BAA WS! 3KKK WS! 66B

I personally dont think 66B is good combo end due to the scaled mid stab stun from PO 6BAA

Potential attacks after 3KKK WS! are:
3bK A+G
44K - untested in combo stun hopefully it launches
WR BB - Possible Ow my foot stun into caltrops K2?
3A - Opponent in BT? reset?

Are Taki's looking to use discord besides 8way run? Someone created an official Soul Calibur VI discord with 8wayrun's links.

After the KO. It looks like she still has her unblockable bomb but it's no longer unblockable. Looks like she can only use it in soul charge? it looks VERY fast too. Maybe it's a replacement of her regular GB bomb in soul charge?

Last edited:
After the KO. It looks like she still has her unblockable bomb but it's no longer unblockable. Looks like she can only use it in soul charge? it looks VERY fast too. Maybe it's a replacement of her regular GB bomb in soul charge?

hmm it looks like a guard break. how is 3B the new move to cancel moves from? STK throw, ninja cannon... so mysterious.

Back