Taki General Discussion / Bombs Away

Yes but 4B,A4 can be delayed and catches so many whiffpunishers. But a problem is an interrupt of 2A. So we only can mix with other transitions to surprise or punish with 4B,A4.

Yes but 4B,A4 can be delayed and catches so many whiffpunishers. But a problem is an interrupt of 2A. So we only can mix with other transitions to surprise or punish with 4B,A4.

You can beat 2A with K~K or [K] from PO. Both have TJ properties that will beat 2A even if you transition into PO at negative frames

Only in combos, at least in my experience. It's a telegraphed move, not safe on block, and you can get severely punished if whiffed.

Both hits are mid, it's NC, high damage, and pretty safe. It also tech crouches. It's a good mid option out of PO. Though it's main value is the range, it's by far her best whiff punisher at mid-range

Both hits are mid, it's NC, high damage, and pretty safe. It also tech crouches. It's a good mid option out of PO. Though it's main value is the range, it's by far her best whiff punisher at mid-range
I've had it blocked and got punished everytime. No window for GI or anything. Still, it does tech-crouch and has decent damage. I just wouldn't use it too often as I think it's easily seen by the enemy. IMO, best move out of PO is B+K. Safe on block and hits even on Taki's back.

So I have been using Taki a lot recently. I personally love her play style...need to learn more with her though, especially with PO moves. I plan on drawing her sometime soon though.

Last night tried Taki for first time. And found method for dumb and obnoxiously long (infinite-?) juggle. Try to describe it here

Tested it on Groh at walled castle stage.

Used moves:
3B - launcher;
KK (incomplete string!) - main juggle;
BB (incomplete string!) - corrective juggle-1;
BAK - corrective juggle-2;

1. First you launch opponent with 3B (maybe other launchers - I didn't try them) and repeatedly juggle him/her with KK. I believe if your timing is right you can do it for a long time - I managed 10+ hit combos. My timing is floating and I can't be bothered to train it, so I use corrective juggles.
2. If you input KK consistently fast, you will notice that Taki juggles opponent higher and higher to the moment when second kick whiffs. To correct this I use BB juggle. If first kick of KK hits opponent while his/her knees higher than Taki's head I input BB instead of KK to reduce juggle height and then continue spamming KK. Inputs look like this
3B,KK,KK (first K hit too high),BB,KK,BB,... and so on
3. However I might input KK a bit slower than necessary and juggle height become uncomfortably low. In this case I use BAK corrective juggle. I don't have good advice on when to use correction (guess you should trust your SC-gut here) and I suspect that there are better strings for this. Anyway Inputs look like this
3B,KK,KK,KK (first K hit too low),BAK,KK,... and so on

Key here is to maintain acceptable juggle height. KK execution gives plenty of time to analyze situation and choose next juggle. It is safe to use KK after corrective juggle. It feels like playing Flappy Bird developed by Yoshimitsu.

To my surprise and annoyance this thing works: after half an hour I was able to do 150+ damage (and yeah, some 30 hit) juggles and did 220+ damage one. The only limiting factor was my lacking technique.

Also this juggle CARRIES and walls does nothing to it.

Last night tried Taki for first time. And found method for dumb and obnoxiously long (infinite-?) juggle. Try to describe it here

Tested it on Groh at walled castle stage.

Used moves:
3B - launcher;
KK (incomplete string!) - main juggle;
BB (incomplete string!) - corrective juggle-1;
BAK - corrective juggle-2;

1. First you launch opponent with 3B (maybe other launchers - I didn't try them) and repeatedly juggle him/her with KK. I believe if your timing is right you can do it for a long time - I managed 10+ hit combos. My timing is floating and I can't be bothered to train it, so I use corrective juggles.
2. If you input KK consistently fast, you will notice that Taki juggles opponent higher and higher to the moment when second kick whiffs. To correct this I use BB juggle. If first kick of KK hits opponent while his/her knees higher than Taki's head I input BB instead of KK to reduce juggle height and then continue spamming KK. Inputs look like this
3B,KK,KK (first K hit too high),BB,KK,BB,... and so on
3. However I might input KK a bit slower than necessary and juggle height become uncomfortably low. In this case I use BAK corrective juggle. I don't have good advice on when to use correction (guess you should trust your SC-gut here) and I suspect that there are better strings for this. Anyway Inputs look like this
3B,KK,KK,KK (first K hit too low),BAK,KK,... and so on

Key here is to maintain acceptable juggle height. KK execution gives plenty of time to analyze situation and choose next juggle. It is safe to use KK after corrective juggle. It feels like playing Flappy Bird developed by Yoshimitsu.

To my surprise and annoyance this thing works: after half an hour I was able to do 150+ damage (and yeah, some 30 hit) juggles and did 220+ damage one. The only limiting factor was my lacking technique.

Also this juggle CARRIES and walls does nothing to it.

There is a system called air control, where your opponent can influence themselves in the air. It prevents infinites / abnormally long combos. Unfortunately, everything you posted doesn't actually qualify as a combo because holding any direction allows the opponent to float away after 2 hits. You can set the dummy to air control in the training menu to see for yourself, or just record the dummy doing the combo on you and try to escape. It's very easy. This is one of the basics of the combo system - but even though it exists there are many true combos and juggles (none of them being infinite lol)

Best combos off 3B are B+K~A+G air throw if you've confirmed it will hit, or simply AAK on a raw 3B hit.

Yeah, I've started to mix in BB4 just for good measure. Feels natural coming from so much SCII.

There is a system called air control, where your opponent can influence themselves in the air. It prevents infinites / abnormally long combos. Unfortunately, everything you posted doesn't actually qualify as a combo because holding any direction allows the opponent to float away after 2 hits. You can set the dummy to air control in the training menu to see for yourself, or just record the dummy doing the combo on you and try to escape. It's very easy. This is one of the basics of the combo system - but even though it exists there are many true combos and juggles (none of them being infinite lol)

Best combos off 3B are B+K~A+G air throw if you've confirmed it will hit, or simply AAK on a raw 3B hit.

Apparently there are a lot of things you can do out of 3B A:6 as well (useful given that sometimes worth trying 3B on read despite the risk).

I messed around with it last night. It's not easy from what I've figured out. If someone has an easier way to do it please let me know.

So an example of a full exc/porc would be 4BA(hold 4) 214 6 41236B hit G. That command cancels out her PO dash but it sucks to do. Especially on pad.

To PORC you need to do a dash/sidestep, then unblockable cancel. The input is:

4BA (or any PO transition), PO 641236B~G.

The first 6 gives you a dash, and the rest of the input gives you an instant cancel with minimal lag. I've uploaded a video to showcase this as well

It's realy hard to do. The difficulty of the input let me think it is a bug. I'm curious that anybody will use it constant in battle and Namco will fix this.
One problem is you can't cancel it fast enough while dashing forward ~6. So pokes catches you I think. Tested it not enough yet.

It's realy hard to do. The difficulty of the input let me think it is a bug. I'm curious that anybody will use it constant in battle and Namco will fix this.
One problem is you can't cancel it fast enough while dashing forward ~6. So pokes catches you I think. Tested it not enough yet.

Pokes don't catch you. There are many videos out now of using PORC in various situations and blocking 2As and 12F CEs easily. You can cancel it without moving forward at all, and it's very fast. Did you not watch the video? lol

Yes but this is not what I mean. Without forward it isn't a real PORC. It is a Possesion Cancel. This can be very fast. But when you rush with pressing 6 I think you can't cancel it fast enough.
Real PORC is this what it makes Taki strong or stronger in past games.

Back