Taki Vids

Personally, I do think taki has some pretty bad match ups.

Asta/Rock (to a degree): not bad...but you have to be patient. Asta's knee owns Taki hard if your being predictable. Also, Air grab = :(

Voldo: You have to be super liner in this fight, and taki's BB is garbage in SC4. 1BA is good for punishing, but how often do you get to punish voldo? hah. also, her lack of reliable lows and ground hitting attacks makes it hard unless you really know what your doing. Hover works good in this match though

Kilik:...Pain in this ass. 6B is almost useless to get in as it stop like right outside of his strongest range. Pressuring is really hard. My suggestion in the match is alot of WR mixups/mindgames, turtling, and use the fact that he can't punish to well to your advantage.

X: about even, however she has to take big risks to stop 44B spam, and can't abuse PO. I like 3KK in this match and the speed of her A...but thats about it.

Mitsu: Just hard because of the differences in damage output

At the end of the day though, I think it all comes down to good decision making

Personally, I do think taki has some pretty bad match ups.

Asta/Rock (to a degree): not bad...but you have to be patient. Asta's knee owns Taki hard if your being predictable. Also, Air grab = :(

Not to mention bull rush making you cautious of taking advantage of Taki's i10 frame A.

Both knee and bull rush are steppable and PO steppable though.

Voldo: You have to be super liner in this fight, and taki's BB is garbage in SC4. 1BA is good for punishing, but how often do you get to punish voldo? hah. also, her lack of reliable lows and ground hitting attacks makes it hard unless you really know what your doing. Hover works good in this match though

This really is a tough match up. To make things a little easier for Taki, I think she needs to get in voldo's face to limit his use of 2 A+B and CR stance. Also, Voldo's weak stepping side is to his left (your right).

Since Voldo seems to be a tier of his own, I'll practice more anti-Voldo stuff and post more on this in the future

Kilik:...Pain in this ass. 6B is almost useless to get in as it stop like right outside of his strongest range. Pressuring is really hard. My suggestion in the match is alot of WR mixups/mindgames, turtling, and use the fact that he can't punish to well to your advantage.

His WS B damage, safe lows, spacing, and Asura makes this a disadvantaged match-up for her, but not by much at all.

His lack of a 2A and really fast moves means she's more flexible with her PO options and PORC. Gotta be careful about carelessly throwing out PO A and K, because you'll eat WS B. However, PORC and PO step are great to use here.

He can't punish too well like you said, so you're free to do a bit more 66A and 66 B:A even on block. Just gotta be careful about Asura auto-gi. 3KK will keep that in check.

X: about even, however she has to take big risks to stop 44B spam, and can't abuse PO. I like 3KK in this match and the speed of her A...but thats about it.

Definitely not a bad match up for Taki. X's AA on block can only be punished by Taki with her own A -- though you can't hesitate and lose the -10 frame advantage, and also have to watch out for the B follow -- it's still pretty nice.

X 44B on block gives Taki free A6 WR (no auto GI-ing there). Even if 44B's biggest strength is baiting a whiff, it should help discourage abuse when you punish every time you block.

X damage isn't ridiculous anymore, so Taki's big damage options and stun combos make this match-up pretty good.

Mitsu: Just hard because of the differences in damage output

Agree 100%. Just a matter of guessing correctly against him and punish all his unsafe moves -- which he has plenty of.

My thoughts on Match-ups.

Taki's lack of damage hurts AND lack of mix-ups hurts way too much against certain characters who got boosted for no real reason at all.

Voldo - She never got her WS/FC punisher she deserved so she has to settle for stupid things like WS K. Which jus means Voldo is free to abuse all his lows which are awesome from the start with no consequence at all. WS K on hit pushes back and doesnt give much adv. on hit anyway. On top of that the auto-GI move he has from BS destroys Taki period, since she has no low to deal with it. AB and 1BA come of no use here. Stepping to his weak side does help alot in this match but, its not like he doesnt have step-killers as well.

Kilik - No PO in this match. At all. Once again the payout he gets is much much greater than Taki has on him. 3KK helps, but it doesnt do anything on block. A patient Kilik will come out on top. Granted Kilik doesnt destroy Taki, but with no PO and 3KK mix-ups out the door and the fact that WS B is still strong (if not better, because of the magical evasion he gets at the randomest of times) limits her waaaay too much as well.

Asta - This match-up isn't as bad as the other ones too. Since Bullrush is punishable. But the fact that he has options to kill and get away from PO options such as Bullrush and Body Splash limit her as well. No real punisher for ducking grabs hurts as well too.

X - Havent really played against an X to know much about the match-up, but I dont think AA being -10 should mean anything since 44B should take care PO options as well. And she has AAB for a reason.

Taki works way too hard for the damage that other characters get for playing braindead.
=/

Thanks for the input...agreed for the most part. I recently have been playing Aris and Shen Yuan's Xiangua's and I have to say that while this matchup isn't hard in theory, you have to be more careful than I usually like to be. Because Xiangs tools recover so quickly, its hard to get the combo wheel going imo, unless you're exploiting the players openings.

- This is from two weeks ago (not my most recent run in w/ Xiang), and I had some stick err...malfunctions, but you can get this jest of what I mean. I recently found that for some reason, the auto GI of X's 44B doesn't work on 66B:A, or maybe the window's too small...i dunno but I was eating it up hard this past weekend. Side note, I don't know why in the world Namco made 33B do more damage than 66B:A jf []confused/[]

heres some more matches if anyone's interested:

Also, let me add Hilde to that tuff matchup list. Though I've only played the match up once, I can tell there's gonna be trouble down the line for Taki.

My thoughts on Match-ups.

Kilik - No PO in this match. At all. Once again the payout he gets is much much greater than Taki has on him. 3KK helps, but it doesnt do anything on block. A patient Kilik will come out on top. Granted Kilik doesnt destroy Taki, but with no PO and 3KK mix-ups out the door and the fact that WS B is still strong (if not better, because of the magical evasion he gets at the randomest of times) limits her waaaay too much as well.

You'll be hard pressed to get your damage against Kilik if you don't use PO =P

PO is far from useless in this match up. Him not having a 2A means Taki can, for most part, freely do PORC and PO step. He just doesn't have anything fast enough to interrupt at close range.

PO step (toward your left is best) is particuarly awesome. Avoids 6A, 2A, A+K, WS B, 66B, Asura....a lot of shit. And thats just AB PO on BLOCK. You all know how powerful PO strings can be on hit.

Most he can really do is 2K, but who cares if you eat a 2K? PO step alone opens up more PO mix-up opportunities against Kilik and soon enough he'll be eating PO Bs and Hover. Just don't forget to PO step into guard often if you wanna stay safe.

I still agree it's not an easy match-up, but get in his damn face and you limit his options. =)

As for X being -10 AA. You're right, it doesn't mean much, considering the range, small window to react, and the B follow-up. But remember that -10 means she can not do anything for 10 whole frames, which technically means Taki's A is always free. Only problem is X AA out ranges Taki's AA, so even if you block her AA at range, Taki will whiff.

All I'm saying is that it's good to keep in mind =P

can't seem to get the taki vid up has it been replace by sig's vids?

go to the link on the right hand side marked: 9/21/08 - 9/28/08

Also, Omega...I gotta go with Dreamkiller on this. WSB beats out PO step most of the time. And not for reasons like it tracks...its because WSB's random properties = BS.

Also, Omega...I gotta go with Dreamkiller on this. WSB beats out PO step most of the time. And not for reasons like it tracks...its because WSB's random properties = BS.

I promise that it steps WS B too. At the very least you have enough time to come out of the step blocking if it doesn't whiff pass you.

I'm only saying that PO is NOT useless in this match-up. WS B is a gay move to deal with it, but it's linear and certainly not overpowered to the point that it completely shuts down PO stance =P

PO Step will beat Kilik's WS B, but you can't attack from the step until very late or you get nailed.

Another terrific Taki:

Question on the first vid. At 1:39-1:41ish, what was that move that popped that Yoshi back up into the air. I dont know if its the quality of the vid or just a move I've never seen before, but I have no clue what just happened there. If it's just A6 then thats my fault for being blind :s. Thanks in advance.

iWS AA in the air is trcky but it wont be consistent after awhile since Big bomb does like .2 damage anyway. Including grounded opponents.

i gotta say your taki Mo is the most impressive ive seen you have alot of interesting setups for when attacks miss or dont hit properly

Four of my matches at the New Jersey regional were recorded. I've never posted videos of my own matches in the Taki forum before, but I thought this thread could use a bump. So here:

Vs Sanford Kelly (Xianghua)

Vs Rigel (Cassandra)

Vs NinjaCW (Kilik/Astaroth)
http://www.8wayrun.com/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=596

Vs KidDZaster (Cassandra)
http://www.8wayrun.com/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=598

The match versus KDZ was particularly rough. Made so many mistakes, but I'll get 'em next time =P

Back