NReaper(Taki) vs Erik(Nmare)

need comment to be a better player
pls help :)

EDIT: I uploaded more video

This time I play as Taki :)

Frozenfang ( Yoshi ) VS Cupui ( Taki)

I will be waiting for advice and comment as usual
THX :)

Here are some vids from the get together at my place this past weekend. The sets were best to 5 with each match being 3/5.

It was a good time and some good playing. Dunno about the vid quality, but it's a work in progress with the vids.

These are the Taki specific matches

-G (Taki) vs John (Seig)

-G (Taki) vs ChaCha (Tira)

-G (Taki) vs ChaCha (Maxi)

-G (Taki) vs ChaCha (X)

-G (Taki) vs Jessie (Hilde)

-G (Taki) vs Juan (Hilde)

-G (Taki) vs Juan (Lizardman)

nice Taki, Halister.

not sure if you know this, but if you land Hover B against an advancing opponent (where they end up behind you on hit), you get a full BT A+B combo on them. there were a few instances against X where you could have landed this.

actually didn't know that.... doesn't happen often enough. I just developed the reaction to do 41236B after hitting with PO 236B against a jumper

nod, I can imagine it working, it's just a matter of me training my reflexes to get that.

For all those out there... make sure to delay the WR slightly in that combo because it will uncouple the WR B and have it do more damage and still be guaranteed.

Very entertaining match vids there Hal.

I see a couple of 8_9B here and there, I always thought that 8_9KKK was a better option (correct me if I'm wrong) is it that good for stuffing low attacks and throws? (Hmm, it looks like it hits Mid)

you're wrong.

9B is my perferred attack for beating moves like 2A and throws. Especially throws. 9K will hit a thrower, but won't necessarily CH and so they will be able to block the second crouch the third hit.

9B gives advantage and is much safer than 9KKK on block.

Yikes... I need to get better at Taki... my game is... lacking.

T_T

well, at least you've got a benchmark in these vids.

Halister, or anyone for that matter, what is your opinion on 8_9A? i think you used it one or twice in all these matches. i personally prefer this move over 9B for a couple of reasons: safe and knocks down, can bait whiffs on block, slower than most of her moves (adds variety, prevents/stuffs GI), and tracks better. 9B comes out faster though, and hits crouching easier (9A has a somewhat finicky hitbox).

the finicky hit box is the issue...

it's ok against certain characters like Yoshi where it will hit all sorts of hit stuff, and it's not bad to throw out there, but I like 9B. I'm a bigger fan of leaving them on their feet with advantage so I can rush them down some more. I don't like KD and playing Oki games with SC4 Taki.

I use 9B as my primary jump move, 9KKK and 9A as secondaries for a change of pace.

Hot taki, aggressive poker that still has muscle behind her. loved it

few questions

is 3KK B+K really safe because you seem to like it alot

A6 how do you do the JF version of it and is it what the different properties of the move

Great job

niCk

about A:6

you basically input the 6 on hit of A, it becomes a 10-frame three hit combo. normal or counter hit on standing or crouching opponents causes them to crumble at your feet. i don't think anything's guaranteed after.
it's great after 22B since it makes the combo really strong.
also it can ring out really far during an A+B or 6A+B combo. like, really far. you might be able to time the regular A6 to do this too, though.
same punishability and WR options.

is 3KK B+K really safe because you seem to like it alot

niCk

3KK is good because on hit its a good mixup.

Ideally if 3KK connects windroll B will usually beat out any attempt to counter attack. If you think they will block the WR B then WR grab them. But if they block 3KK, they can easily interrupt WR with a fast low or mid - the thing is people tend to freeze even when blocking 3KK so WR B/WR grab mixup can continue.

Detailed 3KK mixup explanation is in the Taki study - check it out.

here's the direct link....
youtube.com/watch?v=HxDa5lLMMLU

OMG I gotta get this to stop directly linking vids

Me playing Taki in the crooked jester tourney. my main is asty. I lose but i rep the best i can. Let me know how i can improve my game i would greatly appreciate it.

Back