Talim changes for the next Major patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I don't what to say, since everyone has already stated what I wanted for Talim. But I think she needs more speed on her attacks. You don't how easy it is to block in between her strings. Also what can we do if we had cancelable stances for Talim?

*bump* awesome thread, we should keep it up.

if i was able to cancle wind leap, that would be the shit...i could use it as an instant backstep/TJ (assuming they make it instant back jump) it would add more to the hit/run aspect of talim.

i just wish AS A+B was safe

I was thinking lately about how Talim would have played if you could also do Wind Sault on the spot. By that I mean that you don't jump forward or backward, just on your spot a jump. The moves would be the same (maybe AS K needs to be tweaked a bit for that). It would give close range AS mix-ups without being afraid of jumping over your opponent. A bit like Amy's A+K I guess.

Maybe it is a silly idea but I don't like it that 9K is a better tech jump then AS is. Also you could use it as a fake for wind leaping into the stationairy AS.

If only I was a Namco developer xD

Maybe it is a silly idea but I don't like it that 9K is a better tech jump then AS is. Also you could use it as a fake for wind leaping into the stationairy AS.

I don't see the problem really. AS is for closing distance and applying mixups at range. I think the only thing stopping people from using 9K is how terrible it was in SC2. Or how it looks like it has no impact. It's a good move.

Watching videos of Talim from Broken Destiny... it doesn't look like she was changed AT ALL. But then again, it was the AI using Talim, and maybe they programmed the SCBD AI the same way they programmed the SC3 AI. (The AI in SC3, never did any new SC3 moves, they just used the SC2 AI and gave it better input prediction... so maybe they are just using the SC4 AI, so the SCBD AI doesn't know it has new moves to work with)

Instead of allowing her to cancel out her WS/ WL to prevent ringing herself out, why not just grant WS/ WL a "nullify RO" property... And making her BT B -13 on block would be way better... I'd like to see her 66A+B to give her a free 3A... Making her WR A i15 would help with punishing some lows I know, with that said her WR B should be i13... Her 3B should be -12 on grd... Antoher thought, her WR B should LNC on CH just enough for AAB to combo etc...

im a complete talim scrub so i might be way off here, but how about an auto gi for wind charm? it seems to evade nothing anyway. xian got one, why not talim?

im a complete talim scrub so i might be way off here, but how about an auto gi for wind charm? it seems to evade nothing anyway. xian got one, why not talim?
Because then Talim won't be low tier? Talim used to have Auto-GIs from her BT, BT A+B (now BT A) used to auto-GI mid and high horizontals, and BT B+K (now BT B) used to auto-GI mid and high verticals. But appearantly this was too good, so they took BOTH of them away, and give them to Voldo, Kilik and Hilde in a SINGLE move.

Just something I thought of that would be neat. What if the second part of 4AA (the low) was Talim's 1A? Her current 1A is the exact same move as her 11_77A anyway give or take a few points of damage and SG damage. Keep her 11A the same and change 1A to that.

She'd benefit greatly from a fearsome low from standing. That way her mixups can be more low/mid based and not as much high/mid based.

Zero, isn't that how it was in SC2? Talim's 4AA was 4A, into her 1A... and she had a MIXUP with it with 4AK...

I honestly don't remember the inputs of moves from SC2 as I only played around with it every once in a while.

Are you saying her current (SC4) 1A (the slow low that leads to WC) was the second part of her 4AA in SC2? Or are you saying that her 1A in SC2 was the same as her second hit from SC4's 4AA (the knockdown low)?

No no... her 1A in SC2 was godlike... the second A in 4AA is more like her current 1A, except that it doesn't lead to WC.

She had a good mixup with it though, with 4AK and 4A[K].

oh okay, gotcha. I was saying the knockdown low from her SC4 4AA string should replace the SC4 1A. Since her current 1A is so similar to her 11A

Well at least make her BT 2K KND on hit and CH... or even lesser; let it give advantage on hit...

Haha. Now this is a change I really agree on. I've been complaining about it for so long. In SC3 it didn't even KND on counter hit. To add insult to injury the move itself is pretty slow compared to most BT 2Ks. So what's the point? I need a low from BT? Yeah, I'd rather just throw.

ShenYu... her current BT 2K doesn't always KND on CH... it seems to be pretty random. I've hit it CH many times and it didn't KND.

Safer AS mixups. AS A completely safe. AS A+B barely unsafe. AS B+K small disadv like -3 since it forces crouch. Better frames on her moves in general. 1B should NOT be unsafe. 6K neither for example. She really should be Amy safe. Her stances need to be fearworthy.

and 6K shouldn't be -17... at worst case, her 6K should be ADVANTAGE on block.

Safer AS mixups. AS A completely safe. AS A+B barely unsafe. AS B+K small disadv like -3 since it forces crouch. Better frames on her moves in general. 1B should NOT be unsafe. 6K neither for example. She really should be Amy safe. Her stances need to be fearworthy.

I'd switch it up by saying AS A+B should be safe and AS A should be less unsafe.

AS B+K I agree with since it's so linear. No sense in having a linear move that is also a risk on block. I don't think anyone punishes 1B anyway as it's only use is in i14 punishes. 6K should be disadvantage on block because of the SG damage it does. but not -17.

If 236B was a few frames faster like i17~i18 that would solve a large part of her block punishment problem. it can still be unsafe and all that but just make it quicker to impact.

And I stand by 33A being safe. She should have at least one spammable step killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back