Talim is almost as bad as SC4 ver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to check it out once the game comes out.

Ahh, hold K now. Got it. Have you run into any videos with that (I have yet to see it in gameplay)? And has it's usage changed or can it sill be used in a combo?

Yes, sorry I'm rusty with the terms. Windleap A which is the one where you jump back?

Almost forgot to ask about her unblockable. I know that you can do the 214B if I recall correctly in VI. Is the fire punch now locked into having to do a Windleap? I used to use it as a movement option where I would initiate the attack then cancel it.
I used the Jumpover Kick in some of my matches. I think it needs to be fixed though... as it was a chore to just jump over people's heads properly.
https://j.gifs.com/32LBPM.gif

Wind Leap no longer exists as it's own stance. SO when you do 4B+K you do the back leap, but you automatically go into that Air Rage/Wind Fury stance where she kneels and has her arms over her head. They gave her old SC4 WL moves to that stance. So no, you don't have to do the leap. You could just hit B+K to enter Air Rage, and then hit A. Also certain attacks like 2(A+B) Hold, put you into Air Rage as well. The wiki section has the moves and stances listed.

Anyway, AR A only gets the stun on CH, yes. But you can still get a small combo off the NH one with 2A, Rising B, & 4B, (or 4BA if you want BT mixups).

Fire Punch is also in Air Rage stance. So the same thing applies. B+K~A+B will do it. (Fire Punch kinda sucks though, lol.) You can also just do AR AG to cancel the Wind leap A back into air Rage and she slides forward on her knees as a cool movement option.

speaking of grumpy gale, I heard jaxel say it parried horizontal mids, but it looks like it GIs a horizontal high here and here
If the aGI works against both horizontal highs and mids that definitely helps

Last edited:
speaking of grumpy gale, I heard jaxel say it parried horizontal mids, but it looks like it GIs a horizontal high here and here
If the aGI works against both horizontal highs and mids that definitely helps
It does parry High and Mid horizontals. The only problem is, it doesn't repel them like normal aGIs. So some strings still end up hitting her during the twirl animation.

It does parry High and Mid horizontals. The only problem is, it doesn't repel them like normal aGIs. So some strings still end up hitting her during the twirl animation.
It looks like the first time they hit you it just kind of absorbs the hit without knocking them back, and then if they attack AGAIN it does repel them, as shown at 4:24 and also 55:08 of the video above. I wonder if the repelling aGI also only works on mid/high horizontals?

It looks like the first time they hit you it just kind of absorbs the hit without knocking them back, and then if they attack AGAIN it does repel them, as shown at 4:24 and also 55:08 of the video above. I wonder if the repelling aGI also only works on mid/high horizontals?
Well as I posted in the other thread, I was wrong. It seems you can cancel out of that twirl recovery with an Air Rage attack.

Talim is really good in this game but will struggle agaisnt the top tiers. I like her a lot. B+K B is such a good whiff punisher. Good way to hit someone after baiting them out with 4B+K.

Last edited:
Talim is really good in this game but will struggle agaisnt the top tiers. I like her a lot. B+K B is such a good whiff punisher. Godo wait to hit someone after baiting them out with 4B+K.
We don't really know who those top tiers are yet. Ivy is a frontrunner, but it's really hard to make this kind of call right now.
The main thing I want at the moment, is for her to have legit setups that don't get her murdered on block.

We don't really know who those top tiers are yet. Ivy is a frontrunner, but it's really hard to make this kind of call right now.
The main thing I want at the moment, is for her to have legit setups that don't get her murdered on block.
Yeah the frame data will be the deciding factor. It's good to know WC can actually avoid mvoes now same with wind leap back.

at the very least we can confirm that she can infact do damage, evidently way easier than in the past at that. which is a huge step up from before.

at the very least we can confirm that she can infact do damage, evidently way easier than in the past at that. which is a huge step up from before.
Wind Cannon is legit. Those combos in the "swag" video, however, aren't going to be nearly as easy to land once people know the game. I'm glad she has damage, but now she needs to be able to safely set them up.

I used the Jumpover Kick in some of my matches. I think it needs to be fixed though... as it was a chore to just jump over people's heads properly.
https://j.gifs.com/32LBPM.gif

I'm convinced that it's not intented. Talim is bigger than in IV right? And CAS caracters using soul of Talim were unable to correctly land AS A+K, cause they were too big.
So I really expect this to be patched, and we should be able to land it after FC3B,B.

Wind Cannon is legit. Those combos in the "swag" video, however, aren't going to be nearly as easy to land once people know the game. I'm glad she has damage, but now she needs to be able to safely set them up.

I think what's most exciting about that though is they seemed to have been natural combos, meaning that if you hit them with any part of the string they have to eat the rest of it. Her soul charge state seems to be a huuuuge buff, almost makes using her ce kind of a waste unless you can kill with it.

besides it's not like she even had the option to combo like that in 4, your highest damage option for guaranteed damage was 236b 66b 44b. I'm just saying there's no way she's as bad as 4. that's all.

I'm not trying to say she's def top tier or anything but I think this buff screaming and condemning is kind of absolutely crazy. I get yall are paranoid cause our fave is back and we don't want her to be useless, but at the same time relax like we know nothing at this point.

I think what's most exciting about that though is they seemed to have been natural combos, meaning that if you hit them with any part of the string they have to eat the rest of it. Her soul charge state seems to be a huuuuge buff, almost makes using her ce kind of a waste unless you can kill with it.

besides it's not like she even had the option to combo like that in 4, your highest damage option for guaranteed damage was 236b 66b 44b. I'm just saying there's no way she's as bad as 4. that's all.

I'm not trying to say she's def top tier or anything but I think this buff screaming and condemning is kind of absolutely crazy. I get yall are paranoid cause our fave is back and we don't want her to be useless, but at the same time relax like we know nothing at this point.
Wait, who was calling for buffs? I don't believe I've seen too many calls for buffs so far, aside from the original post's venting. I think comparing her to SC4 in the first place is wrong. Tier placement and things of that nature are relative to the game.

There's no question she has better tools than in 4, (especially so, if they fix the things I mentioned a few posts back), but it's really gonna depend on how much better the whole cast has gotten to determine where she stands now.

The WC stuff in soul charge is NCC, meaning if you land WC A on CH the rest is free. If WC A is blocked, you get a mid/low mixup which is also nice, but beatable. WC A is also a High starter though, so that also comes into play. It's definitely a huge buff. But I think her CE is just as useful in different places.

Last edited:
I'm convinced that it's not intented. Talim is bigger than in IV right? And CAS caracters using soul of Talim were unable to correctly land AS A+K, cause they were too big.
So I really expect this to be patched, and we should be able to land it after FC3B,B.
In SC4, you could stand directly in front of most normal sized opponents, and just do Windsault A+K and you'd jump over them. So I think it's more the jump arc was changed somehow that doesn't allow this to happen like it used to, which really limits the move's use.

Some characters you couldn't jump over unless they threw themselves forward or crouched, like Voldo, Ivy, Vader, or Astaroth. But in this game even jumping over Mitsu and Soph was hard. So yeah, I really hope that gets addressed asap.

In SC4, you could stand directly in front of most normal sized opponents, and just do Windsault A+K and you'd jump over them. So I think it's more the jump arc was changed somehow that doesn't allow this to happen like it used to, which really limits the move's use.

Some characters you couldn't jump over unless they threw themselves forward or crouched, like Voldo, Ivy, Vader, or Astaroth. But in this game even jumping over Mitsu and Soph was hard. So yeah, I really hope that gets addressed asap.

I *think* it's intentional, it seems like they want you to use A+B instead, seeing how a combo now is CH WL A 3BB WS A+B, I've found that WS A+B lands all three hits more frequently, where as in the past she would tumble through them and miss the last hit or two.

I *think* it's intentional, it seems like they want you to use A+B instead, seeing how a combo now is CH WL A 3BB WS A+B, I've found that WS A+B lands all three hits more frequently, where as in the past she would tumble through them and miss the last hit or two.
True, AS A+B works better in that combo you mentioned, but what I'm talking about, is outside of combos.
Like before, you could do FC 3BB on block, and choose to try and go behind them to counter their punish attempt. Or when being pressured in close with mid/low strings, you could force them to respect that jumpover. But I found myself more often than not, landing in front and wide open to punishes.

It *could* be intentional, but if that's the case, the move is kind of a waste, imo. It's literally designed as a counter offensive tool that hits behind her. Ironically, the most times I landed the reverse kick was in that exact combo, lol.

True, AS A+B works better in that combo you mentioned, but what I'm talking about, is outside of combos.
Like before, you could do FC 3BB on block, and choose to try and go behind them to counter their punish attempt. Or when being pressured in close with mid/low strings, you could force them to respect that jumpover. But I found myself more often than not, landing in front and wide open to punishes.

It *could* be intentional, but if that's the case, the move is kind of a waste, imo. It's literally designed as a counter offensive tool that hits behind her. Ironically, the most times I landed the reverse kick was in that exact combo, lol.

oh for sure, WS A+K is def supper situational now,

I wonder if her WS K g just frame is still in, lmao I always loved surprising people with that when I could get it off. Made me feel like a boss. Speaking of, I dont even know if WS K has her jump backwards on block or not, I found myself rarely using it tbh.

oh for sure, WS A+K is def supper situational now,

I wonder if her WS K g just frame is still in, lmao I always loved surprising people with that when I could get it off. Made me feel like a boss. Speaking of, I dont even know if WS K has her jump backwards on block or not, I found myself rarely using it tbh.
I honestly think it's just busted right now, lol. Hope it gets fixed. But if not, that's bad for her.

Yes, Double Windsault is still in. And her AS K still bounces backwards on block. Not sure if Double windsault bounces forward still.
https://j.gifs.com/0VG1vN.gif
https://j.gifs.com/E93DOW.gif
This is another reason I hope they fix the reverse kick. Because if I find out I can do double windsault on block and STILL land in front.... oh boyyyy....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back