Talim Q&A / General Discussion

For small characters you should do WL A, FC 3BB, AS (WS) A+K, 2A+B.
For large characters you should do WL A, FC 3BB, AS (WS) A+B, 2A+B.

Our combo list has no WL B moves on it. I guess WL B 2A+B_1K needs to be tested.

Ya Talim's different. She's a challenge!- and I guess that's some of the fun (frustration/trouble, haha).

Guess I just look into the future and forget the old Talim's (I don't play any of the older SCs once a new one comes out).

Run K changed from a slide to Talim 'falling' on her face(?). I don't think she's that stupid.

After WL A, I always do FC 3BB WS A+K (free)
After WL K, I always do 44B (free, gives WS mixups)
is 2A+B free after WL B?

But yeah, the problem with the WL moves are that none of them ever reach unless an opponent is rushing in. If the opponent is attacking, they will hit you out of the leap. If the opponent is defending, they wont reach them... so for most characters you play against, WL is very risky. It really makes me wish WL was more like Yunseong, Raph or Xianghua 44B.

It saddens me how slow and unsafe Talim is. I see people do these high damage moves, and whiff... and I try to counter-attack immediately and they can block it. Then Talim does some slow as poke, not even a launcher, and I feel like she has 30 frames of recovery.

I used to use 66AA on run in in SC2, but now that its 44AA, its increasingly hard to do.

I also used to use 66K mixed up with RUN K in SC2... It was a GREAT mixup because it was hard to determine when 2 steps forward was a Run K or a 66K. So it was a great mid-low mixup. But now that you have to run 4 steps to get a Run K, and 66K is now 44K... I can never use it.

Another thing I don't like that's changed is how 44A (old 66A) doesn't track as well as SC2. That was one of my main mid-range 8WR punishers, especially since it worked running in. 66AA in SCIV is slower so I've avoided it. Maybe I should force myself to use it now.

I do have one tip that helped my WL game for the range problem you brought up... she can air control in WL just like AS. When you leap back with it, immediately hold forwards and she'll shorten her leap backwards. That way you will always be in range with the WL mixups when you need to be. So for instance, you can do:

2A+B~4~6 WL A_K

That ~6 keeps you close, but WL still avoids most mid-range moves or less.

shauno- will do, should I wait until im done or post as I get it?
Either way. I'd like to see it early if there's a choice.

Didn't know about the ability to control distance with WL. Awesome.

44AA is still good. But yeah you can't use it the same way in SC2. I mainly use it to catch steppers and for blockstun. 44K is also still good. But it's difficult to use out of a dash.

Ya, I'll have to try the WL control.

I like the new runnin A (66A). It launches and can shift into WS/WL. I've gotten many ring outs with it (since SCIII).

Jaxel- I tried the A+B and 2K and they seemed to work after WL B but I'm sure it depends on your starting distance (before WL).

Dark Talent-
Went into prac mode with my son's Cervy.
Cervy's 4A+B (Teleport) or 4B+K (Note: Holdin 4 allows Cervy's mixup- he can land in front or in back of Talim so this makes it even more difficult to plan a move- re they change if Cervy changes direction) can be delt with by blockin, GI, or 2_8 K (done at the right time Cervy doesn't 'zero in' on Talim). Other options depend too much on good timin...
Can also do WLA+B against his 4B+K (with good timin).
Still no really good/better options? 22_88B too strict on timing.

I had it backwards on 66A and 44A in my last post.... the double punches is the one in SC2 that had uber-tracking but now whiffs to one side. The double scissor slices is the slower one I rarely use now.Sorry if the post was confusing.

shauno- Il post it as I get it so.
Talim_JP- I normaly use 88B for 4B+K, try runing sideways as soon as he teleports(dont use 22B as you will stay crouching), I dont know what else works, if you get react to his mixup you might be able to use WC. Hmmm, if your still having trouble there is probably something better against it, My friend plays Cervy so il test against him next time we play.

I'm pretty much a noob w/ Talim just learned her cuz she looks cool when i'm fighting her.
All i would like to know s a really good staple combo with her, good safe pokes, and like her tops moves to do. if ne one can help it would be great.

Hey guys - I mainly skipped SC3 and still haven't played much SC4. I was a die-hard Talim user (she was my second main) in SC2. How much of an adjustment would I have to make in order to be effective with her again in 4, or is it not even worth the bother?

Hey guys - I mainly skipped SC3 and still haven't played much SC4. I was a die-hard Talim user (she was my second main) in SC2. How much of an adjustment would I have to make in order to be effective with her again in 4, or is it not even worth the bother?

She is pretty much nothing like SC2 Talim.

Here's a thread that sums up why SC3 Talim was bad, and while SCIV Talim is an improvement on SC3, she is still the same character.

http://www.caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33396

I just saw Talim's Sliding for the first time in one of Jaxel's vids. Just wow....

I don't like the animation for the slide.

I think Talim's smart enough to not fall. Guess Namco has a 'lighter' side.

man what's wrong with the Brawl trip!? XD

it'd be kool if it was like, a more risk/reward version of her slide, cause it IS dumb that she trips all the time, but i think it's kool >.>

Talim is Dan... The developers consider her a joke character, thats why she is so bad. =P

im kinda new to talim for SC4 (even tho i played her in SC2, but she's just too different now)...

anyway, is there any good option WC?? if i could do another AA and then another wind chamer, but then it will predicable after a while and it will get ducked, and that means throw wouldnt work as well; if i did others such as BB, or k, the 'dance' ends there which is kinda annoying... the low is just too slow and again, doesnt link to any other stance...

if i manage to do a WC throw, what are the good options for BT?? all of them seems to be linear and doesnt link to another stance... which is annoying as well...

btw, WhileStanding 3BB 6 A+K is safe right?? i tried it in practice mode and it seems nothing can hit you afterward... and can WS 3BB 6 A+B be intercepted?? i recently used it alot to avoid the punishment after being blocked, and it seems i got a counterhit everytime...

thx for the help :)

Check out the thread about her stances. WC seems to be her most useful stance though. WC K rings out quite a bit near the edge, among other things. I could say a bit about it but I think the more experienced Talim players could share more.

BT? You can go into a combo from it. I believe its BT B, 3B A(Don't delay it) then you can do either WC BB or A+B, 236A, 236B.

EDIT:
http://www.8wayrun.com/f42/windcharmer-airsault-and-windleap-t386/

This is the thread for her stances.

BT B, 3BA can be interupted right?? if not, they can always duck that A... is any good mid that can go into WC??

btw, i am assuming that opponent blocks when i use the BT moves, as there isnt really and good BT low move, is there?

BT B 3BA is completely free...

However, BT B 3B~A (slightly less than full delay) goes into WC B:B AAB completely free...

If the opponent blocks your BT moves... you're fucked.

Back