Talim Q&A / General Discussion

I'd say Taki's JF A6 is pretty hard. You gotta leave it right until the last minute.

There are other hard JFs, but how many of them are really necessary to the character's game?

Maxi's 6B: B: B is really hard, but you never really have to use it to play him right. Same with Yoshi's 4A: A: A: series. Talim's opens up so many options out of AS when you get it down.

Also, AS B:K is the easiest JF period

I never really thought about using WS K:G. Sometimes it just happens and then I just guard and me and whoever i'm going against are like "Wtf?"

But I do have a question about our little wind priestess. People say that her 236 b is a good whiff punish. But it always seems to end up being blocked. even when my opponent whiffs. Is there something I am doing wrong?

You're doing it too late.

It's not as good a whiff punish as say 66B (I love that move), but when you know you're gonna make someone whiff it's decent

Whiff punishers i use are 66b, 33a, and 4bb
I don't do 236b as much cuz I havent trained myself to do so yet
Also I don't even consider AS b:k a JF. Its just a regular move that just happens to flash white.

If I could do ASC on command I would be so happy. I forget who it was, but iv seen a vid of someone doing when they hit the opponent, then jumped over them to follow up with a AS~A+K instead of bouncing backwards off the opponent.

Blew my mind

Also, is there a video of someone doing it where i can see the controller/pad when they do it? That helps with my timing a lot

If I could do ASC on command I would be so happy. I forget who it was, but iv seen a vid of someone doing when they hit the opponent, then jumped over them to follow up with a AS~A+K instead of bouncing backwards off the opponent.

Blew my mind

Pretty sure that was me...

Also, is there a video of someone doing it where i can see the controller/pad when they do it? That helps with my timing a lot

Unfortunately, I don't have a way of filming right now, so I can't help you with that

asc is amazing on block specially on live with so much talim ignorance out there I tell you I get 6B+K Kg A+K 2A+B every single time I get it off.

It's even funnier though when you do 4B+K K and some one crouches last minute and eats a ringout because of it.
oh so that's what you were doing! couldn't figure out how you AS~K but when i blocked it, you went over me and AS~A+Ked me! lol

after WC B:B what is good to do afterwards? i usually just do a AAB , but i assume 66B 44B would work as well.
no.

66b is too slow. her AA is faster making anything out of aa, aab aa6ba etc. viable.

I do aab and then bt 2k. while both can aced out of. AAB I've found to be much more reliable.

oh, yeah i do BT B+K after AAB. i have some things i can do after it, though i prefer to do BT B after BT B+K. (man, i'm way too risky with talim lol)

never thought to do AA6BA after it, gonna give it a try

oh, yeah i do BT B+K after AAB. i have some things i can do after it, though i prefer to do BT B after BT B+K. (man, i'm way too risky with talim lol)

never thought to do AA6BA after it, gonna give it a try

if you do I usually do aa6ba 6 A+B because it tends to track more then the k and B+K variants. and A can be aced backwards.

Guys, I'm normally not one to tell someone how to play, but... please don't do AA6BA into anything after WC B:B... ever....

AAB is iffy because it can be air controlled out. I use 1B for extra damage and gives and untechable knockdown. Untechable knockdown = free AS mixup. Or you can just use 44B after WC B:B for block trap. 11KA/throw for mixup

Guys, I'm normally not one to tell someone how to play, but... please don't do AA6BA into anything after WC B:B... ever....

AAB is iffy because it can be air controlled out. I use 1B for extra damage and gives and untechable knockdown. Untechable knockdown = free AS mixup. Or you can just use 44B after WC B:B for block trap. 11KA/throw for mixup

lol he forgot to say why. So I will. If they air control away and get up. You WILL be punished. No doubt. He probably has more reasons. But that why I wouldnt do it.

Back