Talim Q&A / General Discussion

No. If you delay the A, they'll crumble to the ground since they're in a stun. 11B can go into WC, there are a few others that can transfer into WC, I just can't remember right this moment.

What is Talim's 11B in this game? I remember in SC2, her 11B was like -11 on HIT... even worse if you WC1'd out of it. No one ever used it.

BT B 3BA is completely free...

However, BT B 3B~A (slightly less than full delay) goes into WC B:B AAB completely free...

If the opponent blocks your BT moves... you're fucked.

...........lol glad to know....

2A and 2B are safe tho right?? they are less than -10 on block arent they??

No. If you delay the A, they'll crumble to the ground since they're in a stun. 11B can go into WC, there are a few others that can transfer into WC, I just can't remember right this moment.

that move seems to slow as hell and unsafe tho...

I think you can BT 2K but it doesn't have much range and it may be slow cause Talim's gotta turn around (BT 2A or 2B should work too). You can try BT 1_3K and see what happens.

I've been doin BT B (stuns em if they don't block), 2A+B, 6 A+B. Left over from her SCIII dayz.
Gotta get outta my old wayz... And ya if they block I'm in trouble.
There are better options with more damage though, listed above and in the combo thread (which you should check out).

Um. BT A and [A] are blockstun. One is +1/2 and the charged version is +6/7. It has a pretty nice backstep in it as well and if you play the range right you can avoid lots of stuff. Other things are BT B+K for hopping over lows or BT A+B for going under highs. Once again, it's a mixup thing.

I'm not sure about it myself. I like that it transitions into BT and her stance game now but at the same time it seems really unsafe. I need to test it more.

11B is a little different that it was in SC2. The ~8_2 WC spin is actually faster than any other ~8_2 WC spin in the game, meaning that there isn't a free interrupt from a foe on hit based on speed alone.

I haven't tested every setup extensively, but you can try it out yourselves: do a 11B~8 WC AA and compare it to the WC spin speed of, say, AA6BA~8 WC AA. 11B's spin and attack comes out faster, don't you think?

Well, I know that on hit almost nothing out of the spin can be interrupted. That's great. However, on block you're pretty much screwed no matter what you do (at least against X. 66A will hit all her options and punish 11B on block to boot.)

I think I see what they tried to do with this move but it needs to be buffed somewhat to become effective.

Me and Kakita got up on XBL and did some strat talkin:
We looked at what Talim's options are with a blocked AAB.

Talim can guard, GI, try a throw break (if the opponent throws)
or duck (if the opponent trys a throw or a horizontal (:A:))
or you can 2_8B+K (WC) and the opponent's vertical (:B:) will whiff (this depends on distance cuz if you are too close you will get hit).

Kakita's really thinkin/learnin (keep it up) and 'thanks'- maybe I'll go to the next level.

We tested with the AI in prac mode- (opponent Talim & Cassy vs Talim) first move block and second move throw, :B::B: and :A::A: and we got the results I posted above.

Did we miss something/do something wrong?
I know in SCIII the opponent was supposed to get a free throw on a blocked :A::A::B:. I was able to break the throw today (seems like the computer was usin :B: throws).

Maybe we should have tested against X cause she's faster (who's the best character to test moves against?)?

The practice mode AI tends to delay moves by 3 or 4 frames if you set it to block and retaliate. You should test it manually. Control Cassy, pick Talim as the dummy. Record AAB and hold guard. Play that back and guard AAB and punish.

Thanks, didn't know that.
Makes prac mode kinda worthless then.

So makin Talim do :A::A::B: for the first move and :G: for the second move won't work either? AI will delay the :G:.

Guess it's easier/best with 2 people...

^^^ Use the record function in P-mode as Shen-Yu said. You can recreate just about any situation that way. From free-style in the menu I think you just go to the left once to get there.

CrazyYoshi: So far, the strength of 33A in SC2 made her really versatile in her attack game, let alone the greater variety of options discussed elsewhere. I think She is still the #1 version, however I think the top tier characters like 5-move X and the like in that version are better than the top tier characters in this version. So things are relative somewhat in that way.

SC4 Talim is #2 right now in my view, with a different style than SC2 of course that to me seems less versatile (i.e. can be more predictable), but has more damaging options. Then I'd say SC3 is last, which IMHO is an undeveloped SC4 Talim.

Any suggested methods I use to get in on Astaroth and Mitsu? Those characters get played a lot in my state and I got wrecked in a tourney by both so any help would be appreciated.

I normally use 66B (mixed up with AS options) at the start of a match to get in close and combo from there if they hit.

My Q: can BT B+K A+B be interupted on reflex if they're blocking in anticipation of BT B?
I've been using this alot recently and the CP dosn't interupt but I'm wondering if a human opp will or not.

Back